PDA

View Full Version : New 05 Si owner from NASIOC

350TPI
04-14-2016, 05:50 AM
Hey guys,i just sold my bone stock 02 WRX a few weeks ago because i wanted what i had hoped to be a much more reliable car.After being here for a few days i am no longer sure if that is the case.Anyway,i just bought an 05 from the original owner.Everything works but does need an O2 sensor and a few other small things.I have had an 86 and 92 Si in the past.I have always loved little cars that are light and handle well.Glad to be here and i can say this place seems to be 100 X more friendly than NASIOC.

tommy
04-14-2016, 06:57 AM
Congrats, and welcome to the forums. I bought my 04 11 months ago, and the O2 sensor went on that car too. So don't take it as a bad sign; these cars do have a good amount of age on them at this point. Don't be surprised if you need a cat some point in the future too. Also, the door actuators are very fickle.

Mmm, do love those Si bubblebacks from that gen (still have my second ever car, an 89 CRX Si).

Any plans for the car other than fixing what's wrong?

usedep3
04-14-2016, 01:17 PM
welcome to the forum!

HFPcivicSI
04-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Just so you know, there is not a "ton" of activity here, for a few reasons. A) the limited production of the EP hatch, and B) time.

But - welcome! Your WRX should of been a keeper, but the EP3 hatch IMHO is ultra-reliable, and cheap to fix, sans the clutch job.

The 02 sensor is common, don't sweat that. I think you will mainly be addressing things of age, not really of catastrophic failure.

I don't have an EP3 anymore, but it's on my short list of cars I would buy again, which means a lot in my book. You have to love the placement of the shifter after driving it! And the cluch just engages like butter on most hondas.

350TPI
04-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!Right now i plan on getting the hood (which has a few dents)and the front bumper (some rock chips)repainted.I just replaced the O2 sensor a few minutes ago and thank god,no more MIL.The WRX was absolutely a keeper.I had it for 2 years but i grew bored and was ready to move on.I really like the shifter placement (though i see alot of guys here don't).The interior seems so much more modern than the plain interior of my old WRX.Thanks again.