PDA

View Full Version : Mifire issue

mslym10
04-14-2016, 05:08 PM
When driving in heavy rain car will misfire.
Checked ignition coils and checked air induction system.
Any ideas what else it could be?
Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

robhep3
04-16-2016, 12:12 PM
How did you check the coils? Water on top of the coils (when it rains) can cause an otherwise operational coil to misfire through the side. On a dry day, run the car to operating temp, then use a spray bottle with tap water to spritz one coil at a time and then drive the car to load the coil. When the car starts to miss, replace the coil you just sprayed. What kind of mileage is on your EP?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mslym10
04-16-2016, 06:59 PM
I've just had a visual look to see any build up of water around the coils.
But recently I've driven over a large puddle on a dry day and it began to fault again started misfiring. I got out to see if any water has sprayed up into the engine bay, but the engine bay was dry. Would this indicate that it's something underneath? I should also mention that there is no engine light present when it faults nor is there any fault codes lodged.
Car has about 100,000ks

robhep3
04-17-2016, 06:33 AM
Does your car have a cold air intake installed? Water on the air filter or air inlet could cause a similar stumbling miss.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mslym10
04-17-2016, 02:44 PM
I have a grupppe m intake. But I've already swapped back to stock air box and still faulted in the rain.
I was thinking maybe and o2 sensors getting wet or something, but I still don't have any engine lights on.
Thanks for your help so far Rob