PDA

View Full Version : Why won't the Tanabe sway bar fit?

innawoods
05-21-2016, 04:42 PM
New user to the forum, owned my EP3 for over a year now.

Is there a reason why the Tanabe sway bar won't reach the sway bar end links? It already bolts up fine to the sway bar brackets.
The end links don't reach the sway bar, unless it was about 3 inches longer.
The seller and I already confirmed that it is the correct part.

https://imgur.com/a/f6tjk (Can't upload all the images here for some reason.)

The previous owner didn't explain too much on what was modified on the car. I do know that it was already modded with a 5 lug swap, 22mm rear sway bar, a 23mm front bar, which looks to be a EM2 sway bar, unless I'm wrong about that.

Hasbro
05-22-2016, 11:12 AM
You have aluminum Type R arms and probably a 23mm R bar. A much better option than the Tanabe bar and Si arms! 6 lbs. lighter (arms), stiffer bushings, wider track, more camber, etc..

innawoods
05-22-2016, 04:54 PM
That clears quite a bit up. The previous owner said he swapped Type R suspension into the car, but I didn't believe him, since he gave little information regarding it.

I tried looking up EP3/DC5 Type R specific sway bars, the only ones I can find are the Cusco 25mm front bar for the DC5 Type R, and the H&R set of 26mm front/ 20mm rear for the EP3R.

Are there any other options for front Type R sway bars that about 27mm and above?

usedep3
05-23-2016, 02:53 PM
EP3R wont' work.

DC5R Mugen maybe?

Hasbro
05-23-2016, 04:17 PM
That clears quite a bit up. The previous owner said he swapped Type R suspension into the car, but I didn't believe him, since he gave little information regarding it.

I tried looking up EP3/DC5 Type R specific sway bars, the only ones I can find are the Cusco 25mm front bar for the DC5 Type R, and the H&R set of 26mm front/ 20mm rear for the EP3R.

Are there any other options for front Type R sway bars that about 27mm and above?

Do you have a specific reason for switching bars? What are you trying to achieve?

innawoods
05-23-2016, 06:37 PM
With the current 23mm front bar, 22mm rear bar, a 1mm difference. The car has severe oversteer, and I'd like to correct it a bit more.

Hasbro
05-24-2016, 01:34 PM
That can be a really good setup with some tweeks. I have a similar setup and it corners better than an EP should, even with too soft springs.