PDA

View Full Version : The choices....

tsa1
01-20-2003, 11:23 PM
hey, im sorta new. ive been coming to this forum for about 3 months now but never joined. i was trying to figure out what kind of car to get. at first it was RSX type-s, then Civic si. But my dad tells me if i want get a different car. he is going to refinance his house and was going to take some money out of it. he said he'll GIVE me $18,000 dollars. so i did what any other person would do i said yes. i was in the off topic section the other day and came across a thread titled Subaru sti king of the road i think it was. Anyways after an hour or so staring i knew the car i was going to get. But then i get my motor trend and see the EVO so now i have a deliema. WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET. or should i get a 350Z base or enthusiest model damnthis is Harder than i thougth it would be. which car would you guys keep the longest before getting another car. I know this is an Ep website but you guys are cool and i still like the Ole EP and people at other websites are just gay. so hopefully you guys will let me be a part of the EP "brotherhood" :).... even though i dont have one.

Later

Jpax
01-20-2003, 11:29 PM
so how much money do you got? 18,000.00 won't get you a 350Z

But you should look into the STi I think it looks like a Accord front end but its very nice, one of those's puppys will set you back 25,000.00 ! :cool:

What ever you get good luck, and welcome.

IceD out N CALI
01-20-2003, 11:35 PM
if hes gonna give you 18k cash maybe a 2001 ITR? jus a thought. the 350z and them others are kinda expensive(definitely more than 18k)
but if you dont mind payments u could put a big chunk down, and get something more expensive

tsa1
01-20-2003, 11:46 PM
iced.. thats what i was going to do. im going to put down 18g's and finance the rest

IceD out N CALI
01-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by tsa1
iced.. thats what i was going to do. im going to put down 18g's and finance the rest

well in that case, you have a lot of options. hmm the 350z sounds good to me. or u could be patient and wait for the evo

SiRman
01-21-2003, 01:04 AM
The Subaru would be my choice.

JaycivicSi
01-21-2003, 08:07 AM
yeah id definetly go with the sti.

HL_Racing
01-21-2003, 09:36 AM
Ok guys listen im really sorry but im a noob to the ep's and such but im getting one soon yay after i sell my mr2.

Anywaysheres my questions ive been seeing itr what the hell does it stand for i havent been able to figure it out for anything!!Yes i searched!

Also whats the deal with Civic Si(r) alot of peeps are talking about their si(r)'s and i dont know whats going on because i figured either they are refering to the reg si's 02-03 si's like this or alot of people are importing the type r's lol sorry for asking the noob questions but hey im trying to find out as much as possible so i will eventually be up to date on everything guys lol sorry again!
:D

Jpax
01-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by HL_Racing
Ok guys listen im really sorry but im a noob to the ep's and such but im getting one soon yay after i sell my mr2.

Anywaysheres my questions ive been seeing itr what the hell does it stand for i havent been able to figure it out for anything!!Yes i searched!

Also whats the deal with Civic Si(r) alot of peeps are talking about their si(r)'s and i dont know whats going on because i figured either they are refering to the reg si's 02-03 si's like this or alot of people are importing the type r's lol sorry for asking the noob questions but hey im trying to find out as much as possible so i will eventually be up to date on everything guys lol sorry again!

:mad:
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6019

DjMacAtack
01-21-2003, 09:53 AM
i was under the impression that ITR was Integra Type R

greenguy
01-21-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by tsa1
hey, im sorta new. ive been coming to this forum for about 3 months now but never joined. i was trying to figure out what kind of car to get. at first it was RSX type-s, then Civic si. But my dad tells me if i want get a different car. he is going to refinance his house and was going to take some money out of it. he said he'll GIVE me $18,000 dollars. so i did what any other person would do i said yes. i was in the off topic section the other day and came across a thread titled Subaru sti king of the road i think it was. Anyways after an hour or so staring i knew the car i was going to get. But then i get my motor trend and see the EVO so now i have a deliema. WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET. or should i get a 350Z base or enthusiest model damnthis is Harder than i thougth it would be. which car would you guys keep the longest before getting another car. I know this is an Ep website but you guys are cool and i still like the Ole EP and people at other websites are just gay. so hopefully you guys will let me be a part of the EP "brotherhood" :).... even though i dont have one.

Later

Whats up and welcome. First I would assume that you are realitivley young and dont have years of driving experience. With that in mind I would NOT recomend a car like the STi. Meaning thats ALOT of car. Same applies to the EVO. These cars are SCARY FAST! If you dont know how to drive, they will get you into trouble.
I would recomend getting a car like the Si and modifing it to get the speed you want.
JMHO!

atl-si
01-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Buy a 93-98 Supra Twin Turbo six-speed. This car is way faster than the rest.;)

taikahn
01-21-2003, 10:33 AM
a used is300 ??

IceD out N CALI
01-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by atl-si
Buy a 93-98 Supra Twin Turbo six-speed. This car is way faster than the rest.;)

true, if you want speed this is a good route to go. build it up and sky is the limit with these beautiful machines:)

Suk02Si
01-21-2003, 12:30 PM
If you put a small amount as a down on the Si (5k maybe) then you can get the car and modify the hell out of it and be the envy of the forum:D

95 GSR
01-21-2003, 01:30 PM
I would get the EVO 7. DSM rules !!!! If I dont get an 99 eclipse that im planing to get in 1 1/2 years, I'll probably get an EVO, and by that time it will be cheaper and more aftermarket products.

Will2K2
01-21-2003, 01:32 PM
350 Z= $26,500 - $18,000 Total of $8,000(give or take)

Your payments would be tiny if you could do it like this!!!!

dchu
01-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Have you checked how much the insurance is going to cost on the STi or 350z? I don't know if you or your dad is going to pay for it but don't expect it to be cheap. Another thing to think about is that you're still young. Are you going to take your friends out with it? You can't have a nice car when you're young because there's going to be haters who will fuck your car up if they have the chance. Who's going to pay for repairs if it breaks down? You gotta think about other costs associated with owning a car. Don't blow your load all at one time. :confused:

HL_Racing
01-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Omg did you read my post asshole paxie jesus man wth is your problem omg i know im a noob and the first thing i loked for and read when i came to this site was the noob section!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only answered one of my questions which i figured out myself by READING IT jackass!!!!!!! That question was wth does ep mean!!!And i figured it out!!!!
Now the only person that actually helped me wass Dj mac
Now i know the rest of you prolly would have helped me but paxie posted a link so you figured that took care of me!!!
Now im usually nice until someone has to go and be an asshole and not even apparently read my question!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: (You had no reason to be mad!!!!!

Now the qusetion was if someone would be as kind and nice as dj mac was and answer it.....Thanks guys and im sorry for raging!!

hacim
01-21-2003, 04:51 PM
The SiR is the same thing as our car but its the Canadian model. There regular Si up there is our Civic EX here. Hows that?

r3p00c
01-21-2003, 05:14 PM
I say go for the Si, and have a nice car with low insurance that you can spend the money you'd be making on a payment on performance mods.

Do you realize that the WRX STi is going to be in the $35k range, if not more? You can almost count on a markup of at least a couple thousand dollars, considering the demand that they will have, and the limited quantity that will be produced. A loaded WRX alone is close to $30k. You're going to still have around a $400 car payment for a 60 mo. loan, and who knows how much in insurance each month, if you're under 25.

A 350Z would be the same way... the enthusiasts model starts around 28k, and those will also be marked up all to hell. Insurance would be about the same for that car.

I know you might be excited about all this money coming your way, but you really should start out with something else.

95 GSR
01-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by dchu
Another thing to think about is that you're still young. Are you going to take your friends out with it? You can't have a nice car when you're young because there's going to be haters who will fuck your car up if they have the chance

Thats so true.. I'd would never take a new car to school, especialy my school, too many haters!!! take my "H" badge, scrached my friends 2001 Accord and stupid noobs bumped in to his rear bumper too.

HL_Racing
01-21-2003, 06:13 PM
thank you so much hacim thats exactly what i wanted to konw that had me way confused!! lol thanks again!:D

2k2_nbp_egg
01-21-2003, 08:51 PM
If you have that much money guy, then it all comes down to what you want. Speed can come at a relatively cheap price if you look, but it's usually a sacrifice for daily driveability, comfort, and other anemities that normal people like. The nicer the car you want while still going fast just matters on how much cash you wanna cough up. If I was in your position, and had a little more cash/less to worry about, that money would be on a G35 sports coupe. Less insurance cash...and trust me, while being young a 2 seater is not something you want. The G35 has a backseat, traps pretty much as high as the treefiddy, supposedly handles better due to it's wider wheelbase(i think), and has a much nicer interior b/c of that infiniti badge. Only problem is the 6 speed only comes on the fully loaded version.

IMO, and coming from another teenager, you're setting your sights a little high. If this is your first car, then you're gonna kill yourself when you start to get dings and scratches on your 30K+ car. If this is gonna be your first manual car, then I recommend a RSX-S(still a fucking insane first car), because like any normal teenager behind the wheel of their first manual car, you are going to beat the shit out of it. The WRX is a great car and a better platform to go off of than the RSX, but as far as reliability I have heard that the transmissions and drivetrains don't like to be run hard. Get the RSX-S and some bolts on including a reflash....the interior, reliability, performance, and looks will satisfy you. Just hope that you're a good driver or can learn quick; the only drawback to that car is that it takes alot longer to get to any power...so if not u'll be getting owned by everything like i was when i first got my old si :D

tsa1
01-21-2003, 09:25 PM
thanks for the replies. i agree if the sti costs 35K plus 2000 insurance a year or more than its going to cost alot of money. i talked to my dad and he said that he could register it, insure which ever car i dicide on in his name and if the police stop me he says tell them that i borrowed the car from him. but if i crash i'm basically screwed. If i get any car methioned here: rsx,wrx,sti,si,350z or supra there will be haters at school so i dont even plan on driving to school... my mom can take me. i feel lucky that i can almost just pick a any car i want. i make about $900 a month depends on hours at my job, and my sister says she is trying to hook me up with a job a the CHP where she works. she is one of those operators that run license plate #s for the cops.if i finance like 15k i could afford it. as far as not knowing how to drive a stick thats not a problem, i know how to drive it.
i have to think this through because i dont want to regret later on. this car i get will be the only car i plan on buying for like 7-years. so thanks and keep the advice coming.

william
01-22-2003, 01:10 AM
In my opinion, STAY OUT OF DEBT, for at least as long as you can. If i had 18 g's cash, and didnt have to finance, i'd buy used first off. Probably an integra type-R, a Civic SI, or an RSX type-s. If you have the car payed off, you dont have to worry about not making payments, and all the money you make can be spent however you want it ( mods, non car related stuff, food) There's always the chance that the unthinkable may happen, so not having to worry about a car payment is a blessing. Good luck finding your perfect ride, and i hope you have fun.

iR-VTEC2
01-22-2003, 01:28 AM
I agree with william. Being in debt is not cool. "if the glove don't fit, you must aquit!" or...something...whatever....you know what I mean.

Hell, i don't!

Type X
01-22-2003, 11:10 AM
i would get a 92-95 hatch and go to school

rather than have a brand new car that gets old

oh yea and

so i dont even plan on driving to school... my mom can take me

i call bullshit on this whole post

swampdonkey
01-22-2003, 11:31 AM
The WRX and EVO are probably two of the easiest to drive fast cars in the world. The STi will cost $30,000. If I were you I would get the subi. I love that car

HL_Racing
01-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Sorry fellas just checking to see if the sig works!

DownTheHatch
01-23-2003, 06:40 PM
If I had 18k, I'd buy an EP, and spend the 18k on modifications, it would beat a 350z with a k24turbo and some tuning. Plus it would be fun to build it from scratch.

Suk02Si
01-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by HL_Racing
Sorry fellas just checking to see if the sig works!

I'm glad this forum doesn't allow sig pics, that fucking seizure pic is annoying