PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to smell gas while I'm driving and after I drive

ep3allen
06-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Has anyone had this problem? I started it noticing it last weekend where as I was driving and started smelling gas. I thought it was coming from outside so I close my windows and can still smell it. I did an inspection when I got home and did not notice any type of leak. I have an 03 with 190k miles on it. I also noticed that on the rear driver side like around the wheel well I can kind of smell gas. Can anyone chime in?

tommy
06-14-2016, 06:52 AM
The fuel lines are probably rotted and cracking. Just double up on air fresheners. :)

No, really - if you are no mechanic, get it taken care of immediately. That's nothing to f*ck around with.

PRODIUS
06-14-2016, 09:31 AM
If you're running a race header/no cat you will smell unburnt fuel.

ep3allen
06-15-2016, 07:46 AM
*Update* The problem has been found. It was a crack or bad seal in the fuel pump. Since they don't sell those separately I had to purchase a new fuel pump. But it fixed the problem after checking other things and no results. So if you ever smell gas inside the cabin and trunk you probably have the same problem.

tommy
06-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Congrats. At 190k, probably not a bad thing to get a new fuel pump anyway.