PDA

View Full Version : what should i get?

ek9jdmhb
01-21-2003, 12:44 AM
i have a problem deciding if i want to buy an rc car (HPI's savage 21) or a hondata ecu. I know most of you guys are going to tell me to get the ecu, but im gonna ask anyways. by the way, 2 of my frineds are going to get r/c monster trucks.

HeelToePro
01-21-2003, 01:06 AM
dude, R/C cars are dope. I play with them myself all the time but, if you got the cash, get the HONDATA.

Suk02Si
01-21-2003, 04:03 AM
I say Hondata, it'll be a better investment. I work in a hobby shop and there are many many people that get into the hobby for the wrong reasons and always end up tossing everything in their closet. But you say your friends are going to get into it, so maybe you'll have more fun that way.

BTW, instead of the Savage, I'd say hold out for the Associated monster truck, much better quality and parts availability;)

f1fever
01-21-2003, 07:48 AM
I will take a ECU for sure. Once you buy a RC you'll end up spending millions of $ on it. And right after you quit you'll realize it all the parts are worth nothing.

.... I guess it will be the same case if you invest in your EP.... Go save the money and get a down payment on a condo :p

BlairSpeed
01-21-2003, 11:52 AM
its late at night and your just crusin' along up to a stop light. along comes some 2000 si all modded out and he is revving on you. your car looks stock but you have the bling bling Hondata chip :cool: and you keep your cool. the light turns green and bwaaaaaaaaaa your gone. when the other guy finally catches up to you, his girl gets out and hops in with you. (hint: girls like winners) and then you drive off into the night. now, arent you glad you got the hondata chip now?

silver ep
01-21-2003, 11:58 AM
ECU makes sense to me

IceD out N CALI
01-21-2003, 02:06 PM
I'd get the ecu flash. you dont always have to be a race car driver, but it sure would be nice to have sometimes imo:)

GarDian
01-22-2003, 02:16 AM
Get a T-Maxx.... :D :D :D

Jpax
01-22-2003, 02:19 AM
get truck A soreis :D

Suk02Si
01-22-2003, 02:26 AM
first shipment of the Savage came in today, those trucks are pretty beefy. One thing I already know is gonna be a problem are the shocks, they're too damn long and not beefy enough. The truck itself is built like a tank, but if you dont land on the wheels just right, your gonna bend or snap the shock shafts like nothing. Besides that, the rest of the truck looks beefy enough to take a beating.

ek9jdmhb
01-22-2003, 12:29 PM
ive decided to get the ecu and wait to see if the associated trucks are good. Im between the savage and the associated truck. Ive osned an rc10gt and an rs4 nitro and both brands have been good to me

Suk02Si
01-22-2003, 06:20 PM
HPI sedans are great, but their offroad line is kinda.. eh.