PDA

View Full Version : what engines are compatible

vtecpinoy
07-23-2002, 05:38 PM
i just wanted to know what engines were compatible with the SI engines?

also what do you think of this. droppin the new CR-V engine and swapping the head with the SI head?? just a dream...

SpeedRacer
07-23-2002, 05:49 PM
if i recall that engine is only 140 hp

DownTheHatch
07-23-2002, 06:31 PM
Yes a CR-V swap would be the best swap going at this point. We would be putting in a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder i-vtec this engine produces enormous torque ratings. We would have to swap the LX 2WD engine and 5 speed tranny, I'm sure the cables to our rally shifter would hook up (thats the good thing about cable shifters).

Imagine having these specs (more torque than the type-r, you would kill type-r's with this swap and a little engine work to get some more horsepower) it has the same horsepower as the Si, but with about 30 more lb-ft of torque.

2002 CR-V 2WD LX

Engine: Aluminum-Alloy In-Line 4
Displacement (liters): 2.4
Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net): 160 @ 6000
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm): 162 @ 3600
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: DOHC i-VTEC
Fuel System: Multi-Point Fuel Injection

Imagine that, this engine produces 162 lb-ft of torque at a low rpm of 3600, sweet, never seen a Honda 4 cylinder with 162 lb-ft.

SpeedRacer
07-23-2002, 06:38 PM
ok scratch my last post im an idiot

DownTheHatch
07-23-2002, 07:03 PM
Someone do the K24 swap! I gotta see this! :)

BlazeX12
07-23-2002, 08:15 PM
isnt it the same engine as the new honda oddesy? Do that swap and we'll be even more mini-vanish, we even would have an engine from one.

SpeedRacer
07-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Im putting the NSX engine in my car tomorrow. I already did the research and bought it i know it is going to work.

J/K ;) ;) ;)

vtecpinoy
07-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Yes a CR-V swap would be the best swap going at this point. We would be putting in a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder i-vtec this engine produces enormous torque ratings. We would have to swap the LX 2WD engine and 5 speed tranny, I'm sure the cables to our rally shifter would hook up (thats the good thing about cable shifters).

Imagine having these specs (more torque than the type-r, you would kill type-r's with this swap and a little engine work to get some more horsepower) it has the same horsepower as the Si, but with about 30 more lb-ft of torque.

2002 CR-V 2WD LX

Engine: Aluminum-Alloy In-Line 4
Displacement (liters): 2.4
Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net): 160 @ 6000
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm): 162 @ 3600
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: DOHC i-VTEC
Fuel System: Multi-Point Fuel Injection

Imagine that, this engine produces 162 lb-ft of torque at a low rpm of 3600, sweet, never seen a Honda 4 cylinder with 162 lb-ft.

i want to do that swap so badly. will the engine fit though. since its .4 more liters bigger. that is why i want to that swap because of the torque. does anyone know how much this swap will run???

ortedd
07-23-2002, 08:44 PM
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/ has an article on switching out a k20a2 from an rsx type s. The 6 speed will even work with the shifter in the si with some minor modifications. . .

MagusDC5
07-23-2002, 08:50 PM
The new accord is a 2.4l i-vtec...looks to be a k series if I can find the pic of it again somewhere.

MagusDC5
07-23-2002, 08:50 PM
here:

DownTheHatch
07-23-2002, 09:15 PM
http://www.gocrvclub.org/attachment.php?postid=228

Also, check out this 2002 CR-V, it looks like it has tan leather recaros and some cool clear headlights and tailights and a body kit of sorts.

Click here to see it (http://www.gocrvclub.org/showthread.php?threadid=197)

Got any specs on the new accord? It says 160hp on that article which leads me to believe it has the same engine as the CR-V. K24?

K20NutBucket
07-23-2002, 10:16 PM
I doubt my wife will go for it but she drives the 2002 cr-v. She wont have any power but she dont need it. hehehe

slowcivic4now
07-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch

Got any specs on the new accord? It says 160hp on that article which leads me to believe it has the same engine as the CR-V. K24?

That's one sick CRV!
Engine choices for North America will be:
2.4l DOHC 4-cyl, 160hp at 5500rpm, 161 lb-ft torque at 4500rpm(LX)
3.0l SOHC V6, 240hp at 6250rpm, 212 lb-ft torque at 5000 rpm(EX V6)

The V6 coupe will have the 6-speed MT but not the sedan.
That's from VTEC.net.

oh and no word on what the EX will get.

DownTheHatch
07-24-2002, 03:39 PM
Hah a v6 civic that would be cool.

DamnYo
07-24-2002, 08:24 PM
why don't you try dropping this bad boy in

http://images.outershell.net/oyd/hondav8.jpg

dustinhurley
07-24-2002, 09:43 PM
A Honda V-8 is scary. Look at what they can do with only 4 cylinders in the S2000. Mulitply that by 2 and give it some more displacement. That's why it says "Over 800 base horse power."

DOTEK
07-24-2002, 09:54 PM
look a little bit closer to home...

try a B18C5 from the US spec ITR. They say "there's no replacement for displacement" but really in reality nothing beats [B}availability!!![/B} You put this 1.8L in and you'll have the whole performance market right at your doorstep. the B series are favored by many aftermarket tuners and is arguably known as one of Honda's best engines to conform to high levels of stress--as you all know, it's been proven!

put this in today and you can bolt on a turbo tomorrow, and you'll be running 12s. Or...take the other route and wait 5 or 6 months down the line for "intake and exhaust." chances of that happening is still highly debatable--since when was a last time you witnessed a turbo, or any performance gadget for that matter, made for a C-RV--Spoon won't help you, and knowing Mugen they'll probably follow.

question now is, WILL IT FIT? :confused:

DynaSpeed
07-25-2002, 08:31 AM
"Over 800 base horse power." 800 bhp Civic, here we come! Just gotta put some nice little wings on it, and then we could all fly to the bahamas. :D

Oh, and by the way, it's not base horsepower... it's *brake* horsepower.

iR-VTEC2
07-25-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by DOTEK
look a little bit closer to home...

try a B18C5 from the US spec ITR. They say "there's no replacement for displacement" but really in reality nothing beats [B}availability!!![/B} You put this 1.8L in and you'll have the whole performance market right at your doorstep. the B series are favored by many aftermarket tuners and is arguably known as one of Honda's best engines to conform to high levels of stress--as you all know, it's been proven!

put this in today and you can bolt on a turbo tomorrow, and you'll be running 12s. Or...take the other route and wait 5 or 6 months down the line for "intake and exhaust." chances of that happening is still highly debatable--since when was a last time you witnessed a turbo, or any performance gadget for that matter, made for a C-RV--Spoon won't help you, and knowing Mugen they'll probably follow.

question now is, WILL IT FIT? :confused:

no B, F, D, or any other engine besides a K series engine would fit in a EPCivic Si. Our engines are turned the other way.

B series engines tolerating stress? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

conform to high levels of stress? Is that why they can only handle no more than 8psi of turbo boost without at least changing the pistons, rods, and covering up those nasty floating sleeves?

Any engine can be made to handle high levels of stress but with limited longevity. Why do you think hard core tuners have back up engines for their backup engines?

I think that the K20A3, with its 86mmX86mm bore/stroke would be a much better candidate for a turbocharging/supercharging. Only time will tell. Who knows, they could just blow up with mild boost