PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket seats info? Also post pics of your seats!

tqk
11-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Looking to go aftermarket on my seats. Was gonna get it reupholstered but quotes on price for driver seat only is outrageous in VA. My ride is a daily driver, not a race/track car. What are all the things I need to accomplish this? Also can u reply with pics of your ride and where/what/cost of what u bought would great! Thanks ahead!

tommy
11-22-2016, 07:46 AM
This forum is kinda dead, so I doubt you'll get many helpful posts. Are you looking for a simple swap? If so, then there are JDM Recaros that will swap right in - rails attached. Fairly expensive, though, at $600-999 each used, meaning questionable bolsters on the driver's side.

Aftermarket, the world is your oyster. Planted makes seat brackets with sliders, so you really can do whatever you want (Recaro, Buddy Club, and Bride all make brackets as well). The closest replacement to stock in a reclinable that I've seen (and I've done a lot of research) is the Bride Euroster II in charcoal gray; I'll be getting that and a Bride MO bracket for the driver's seat after the holidays. Should be around $1250 or so, with everything.

But I've done a bunch of test drives at several showrooms, and I would suggest you do that as well; you really can't tell if you like a seat until you've sat in it. To you, there's OG Racing in Sterling, VA (2 hrs from you) - they have a good showroom for Sparco, OMP, and Racetech. HMS in Mooresville, NC is about 4 1/2 hours from you and has Cobra, Takata, Recaro, and OMP. I've got a Cobra Suzuka GT in my CRX, which is a comfortable fixed back, but I wouldn't recommend any fixed back on a daily driver. But the options are pretty open.

Any idea on what you want to spend, how you want it to look, whether you care about getting your seat a bit lower than stock (that's one of my criteria), etc?

tqk
11-22-2016, 09:58 AM
@tommy thanks. That really helps!

tommy
11-22-2016, 01:39 PM
No problemo! Try to sign up for the FB group too - more traffic there, and people post photos all the time - some might give you some inspiration.

PRODIUS
11-24-2016, 11:39 AM
I simply picked up used Type R seat covers from a wrecker in the UK for 200 british pounds with shipping. Asked him to remove them from the actual seats to save on shipping, and installed them on my Canadian SIR. Takes a few hours of work but they fit perfectly, and it's a nice OEM look, but now with the Red inserts and Type-R logo.

brteddy
05-21-2018, 12:16 AM
Mine got reupholstered by a local upholstery shop. A bit pricey but I'm very happy with the result.