PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from Seattle : happy new 2004 EP3 owner!

darkhosis
03-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Hey there, I joined the forum shortly after buying an ep3 here in Seattle. I LOVE the EP3, for so many reasons that are familiar here.

My last car was a 95 Civic DX hatch, a solid 10 year ownership until it got stolen and stripped for parts. So I decided to sacrifice some fuel efficiency for fun. Looked at 2002-2005 era hatchbacks like the Focus SVT, VW GTI - but I'll admit it, I'm Honda for life.

I wanted a stock, clean title Si. Probably paid a little more than I should have. But when I got behind the wheel it was so much fun I lost my will to haggle. Luckily the inspection was great (AFTER I bought it, haha) and it is running strong at 127k.

At this point I have been reading up on threads here, especially the long term owners. Thank you for sharing your experience and know-how. I'm dealing with some very minor issues - tail light seal is leaking water and repairing some paint scratches. Also will need to finish the 120k maintenance schedule and look into replacing the strut assembly. But it doesn't feel like a 13 year old car, compared to when I got the 95 DX this feels like it has tons of life left in it!

tommy
03-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Congrats on the new purchase; looks to be in great shape. Time to start modding! :)

usedep3
03-10-2017, 03:27 PM
welcome to the forum!

darkhosis
03-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Thanks, it looks like there have been a couple of exterior mods from the original owner. The headlights have some kind of super bright bulb and fade on. I found some aftermarket ballasts while changing the oil.

Also, the guy I bought it from told me the fog lights are aftermarket but the control switch wasn't installed - it's somewhere under the dash.

The key chain had a HFP logo but I can't see anything on it other than maybe the engine cover.