PDA

View Full Version : Tein Street Basic Z

SI in GA
03-24-2017, 11:17 AM
I'm lowered on Megan Street Coilovers now. They are in need of replacing. I was think about getting the Tein Street Basic Z to use for a year. Then I"ll be able to rebuild the Megan's over the summer. Anybody here running on the Tein Street Basic Z. If you are, what do you think of them. And if you wonder why not just rebuild them first there are no local shops I trust and I don't really want to go to a pepboys. Once their off the car I shouldn't have to much trouble rebuilding.

AKEP
03-26-2017, 01:31 AM
rebuild megans? just order new cartridges and replace.

2005? where you been?

SI in GA
03-27-2017, 07:39 AM
By rebuild I mean replace the cartridges sorry for the confusion. I do not have the resources to work on the car. So its would be easier to get the Tein installed and work on the Megan's at my leisure. But you asked where I been some of everywhere. I've had the car in Savannah GA, Hawaii, West Covina CA, and now back in GA. I'm always checking in to the site just don't post a lot. I retired in 2012 from the Army.

NurseKYAC
04-07-2017, 08:59 AM
What you gonna do with the teins when you rebuild your Megan's? Wanna sale them? :mbiggrin: how long are you gonna run them?

SI in GA
04-10-2017, 06:52 AM
I would use them until the follow summer then switch them out. Not sure if I would sale or keep after use.

brteddy
05-15-2018, 02:06 AM
The Tein is not a bad coilover though don't expect a very impressive ride quality.