PDA

View Full Version : New to k series

Piercematt
03-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Need help. So it's a stock k20a3 noise is constant tick at idle along revs until past 1500rpm, drive thru or next to curb constant tick at idle, in the cabin you can hear it as well. All on the passenger side only of my car. I've read everything about this engine being noisy but just not sure. Any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

Piercematt
03-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Anyone?

playap07
03-30-2017, 10:03 PM
Need help. So it's a stock k20a3 noise is constant tick at idle along revs until past 1500rpm, drive thru or next to curb constant tick at idle, in the cabin you can hear it as well. All on the passenger side only of my car. I've read everything about this engine being noisy but just not sure. Any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

What?

So have you opened the hood and pin-pointed where the noise is orginating from if the car sits idle and you manually rev it a little bit from the engine bay?
You said the noise is only on the passenger side of car, is it the belt making noise or is it the chain...lifters...if you post a vid or picture of the issue thats more helpful. At the momment im thinking its the belt.

Piercematt
04-01-2017, 10:01 PM
I have a video that I am needing to post. Not sure why it won't let me