PDA

View Full Version : 2k2 SI lip kit

Ivtecsimia
07-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Hey guys.......i recently bought the lip kit(front, sides, Back) from honda. the good ole' people at honda told me that the front is suppose to be black and the rest of the car is body color.......that doesnt make anysense or am i wrong?? thanx John.....

Hondatech
07-23-2002, 06:26 PM
Do you have any Honda Part Numbers that you could share?

Ivtecsimia
07-23-2002, 06:30 PM
i will on fri... thats when i get it..........

DownTheHatch
07-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Cool didn't know the lip kit came out yet. We'd like to see some pics.

Ivtecsimia
07-23-2002, 06:44 PM
ill take them once i get it...........

BlazeX12
07-23-2002, 08:18 PM
I assume you mean the type r kit from honda?? is it really out??? how much did you pay for it? and as far as the lip kit being painted black, i dont think so, i guess you could do whatever you wanted though. There was a post somewhere in here where someone photochopped a type R and gave the side skirts, rear lip, front lip, and spoiler a black tone, and left the rest of the car silver, it looked kinda hot!!

K20NutBucket
07-23-2002, 09:48 PM
please post pics........is it the type-r kit or something different?

Ivtecsimia
07-24-2002, 12:54 AM
its the TYPE R>>> i was told its not avalabe to the general public..... its good to know people huh??? i have a close friend at honda.......i traded my stock wheels for it.......so i really have no clue what it costs.......just said what i wanted...... but once i get i will post pics...... Thanx john

02SilverSiHB
07-24-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ivtecsimia
its the TYPE R>>> i was told its not avalabe to the general public..... its good to know people huh??? i have a close friend at honda.......i traded my stock wheels for it.......so i really have no clue what it costs.......just said what i wanted...... but once i get i will post pics...... Thanx john
I didn't think the kit would fit, as the type r is a little different in shape...the front and rear that is

Ivtecsimia
07-24-2002, 06:33 PM
i donno......thats what the ppl told me......i guess we just have to wait and see....ill post pics when i get it......

02SilverSiHB
07-24-2002, 08:49 PM
i donno......thats what the ppl told me......i guess we just have to wait and see....ill post pics when i get it......
can't wait to see them. I hope it does fit!

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-24-2002, 10:32 PM
i cant wait either... post pics and the honda part number. i hope it fits... good luck man

Ivtecsimia
07-25-2002, 02:03 PM
im stillen waiten ....... they where suppose to drop it off 2day and it never came...hopefully 2mrrw.......i was told they will only diliever in the afternoons......im thinken that i might just paint it white(from black)..does anyone know what up(as far as the color it should be??)body color or that black they claim.thanx John

ghollett1
07-25-2002, 06:19 PM
should be part numbers on each piece, please post, thanks

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 07:43 PM
This has got to be one of the most confusing threads I've ever read. How come nobody but IVTECsimia has heard about the kit coming out? Something smells fishy.....

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
This has got to be one of the most confusing threads I've ever read. How come nobody but IVTECsimia has heard about the kit coming out? Something smells fishy.....
yeah, seems rather strange.

Ivtecsimia
07-26-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

Trust me there is nothing fishy here, all you have to do is know the right people........im kind of offended that you would say that.......i guess we'll have to see who has the last laugh..........Later John

SmoothOperator
07-26-2002, 06:13 PM
Wait a minute here...I wasn't judging you. But rather the people who told you it was available. Anyways, since I posted that, other people have mentioned the kit as well...
right here!! (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=655&pagenumber=2)

Ivtecsimia
07-26-2002, 06:24 PM
its cool. sorry if i jumped down ur throat.......but it seemed like u where sayen i was full of crap... u know? but i got mine at a much better deal.....than those other ppl did.....once i get it all ill post pics and #'s .later john

ghollett1
07-27-2002, 05:00 PM
Wow, still a no show on the kit, what seems to be the holdup?

SmoothOperator
07-27-2002, 06:18 PM
I went to my dealership today and asked about the OEM lip kit. They didn't know anything about it. But they told me they'd have the APC kit in next week :rolleyes:
I need clarification on this matter...cause if it's an OEM lip kit I want it! It'll be my next purchase before I do my exhaust.

xlr8
07-28-2002, 05:56 PM
i was at wilde honda today. they have a type r kit there. they found out that it doesnt fit except the side skirts. they were trying to put it on a car there. they wanted $1600 for it.

Ivtecsimia
07-28-2002, 06:35 PM
hey guys...........they sent me the wrong parts......i got the stck bumpers......(go figure), they said that on tues or weds id have hte sides...so hopefuly they dont foul that up.later john

2fastcivic
07-30-2002, 06:27 PM
if they sent you the bumpers then thats a good thing too because now you wont have to bother with the reflectors on the front and rear bumpers.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-31-2002, 05:29 PM
hey guys...........they sent me the wrong parts......i got the stck bumpers......(go figure), they said that on tues or weds id have hte sides...so hopefuly they dont foul that up.later john

they sent u the stock bumper? is that the stock bumper from the japan with out the reflectors? just wondering... u should keep that too plus the kit so it will be JDM...that would be perfect.

rocket_civic
08-10-2002, 02:01 PM
if you got the jdm bumpers i would definitely keep them because like xlr8 said wilde honda got in a type r kit and the front bumper doesnt fit due to the difference in the jdm bumper and the us bumper with the side markers, also the rear spoiler from japan wont fit as well due to having to drill out the rear glass.

so i'll let you all know as soon as i hear more info.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
08-10-2002, 07:54 PM
keep the jdm bumpers... and also get the type r kit with it. so the kit will fit and the bumpers wont have any reflectors and it will look sleeker. im planning to buy stock jdm bumpers with the jdm kit.

SmoothOperator
08-10-2002, 08:04 PM
im planning to buy stock jdm bumpers with the jdm kit.

Damn! That sounds expensive!

RacingCivicSi02
09-05-2002, 10:53 PM
any update on this???