PDA

View Full Version : bumper lens

xlr8
06-16-2002, 05:43 PM
as anyone hear or seen anything about clear lens for the bumpers? this is one thing i realy dont like about our cars

2k2civicSi
06-16-2002, 06:47 PM
i painted mine red with lens paint to match the back and im kinda going for the black and red theam but it looks better than the orange

xlr8
06-16-2002, 07:21 PM
that cant be legal, it sounds cool so of course it cant be legal. irealy just dont want them thats why at least clear would blend in with my white car a little bit

2k2civicSi
06-16-2002, 07:39 PM
i do bleave in my state maryland the clear bumpers are not legal ether and with my lights you cant tewll they didnt come like that stock

2k2civicSi
06-16-2002, 07:40 PM
p.s. i hate them too

SiCivic2k2
06-16-2002, 09:20 PM
I third that opinion!

SBC31
06-17-2002, 05:22 AM
2k2civicSi;

Do you have a picture of the now painted lens, if so post them here for everyone else to see

IceD out N CALI
06-18-2002, 10:10 PM
I've been seriously thinkin of painting my 2 front bumper lenses flat black(i got the nighthawk pearl) I put black tape on it and it just to see how it would look. I like it-helps take that mini van look out of it

fishboy
06-19-2002, 02:32 PM
i'm looking for clear ones for the front too. i heard you can go to a place and they can take a mold of your lense and fill in the mold with clear material. is that something you guys may have heard of? i know a guy who said he did that for his sister's accord a while back and it cost him like 9 dollars. well maybe i dreamt that or something. anyways, what i really want to do is just get rid of them and have a clean bumper. why did honda put those damn lights there anyway?

IceD out N CALI
06-19-2002, 06:32 PM
I agreee with you fishboy, in fact I took the lenses off just to visualize how they'd look, and it looks much better without them there, (JDM style)

SBC31
06-19-2002, 07:40 PM
fishboy;

Those lights/lenses are on our cars in order to make the car DOT legag in North America. Technically the rear ones don't have to be there at all, but I think once Honda put them in the front (once again they had too), it probably look stupid so they put them in the back to match.

Once clear ones are available this should be better. Or maybe they will come out with smaller ones or something.

xlr8
06-19-2002, 07:43 PM
2k2si, maybe its just wisconsin, but the law hear has nothing against clear lens. many new cars have clear lens, but there maybe a law that you have to have amber, or range bulbs.

SiCivic2k2
06-19-2002, 08:24 PM
Yeah, here (Texas) you can have clear lens, but you have to have orange bulbs.

2k2civicSi
06-23-2002, 06:35 PM
i dont live in wisconsin i live in D.C.

Satin Si
06-23-2002, 08:15 PM
I think there is a law that cars must have a amber reflector to mark the front of the the vehicle and a red reflector to mark the rear (sideview). Don't quote me on this.

SBC31
06-23-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Satin Si
I think there is a law that cars must have a amber reflector to mark the front of the the vehicle and a red reflector to mark the rear (sideview). Don't quote me on this.

The law is specific for the front corner to have the turn signal visible, as for the rear, the exisiting Si tailllights would be enough, however I'm sure (as I stated earlier) that once Honda was forced to put the lens in the front, they added the back one so it didn't make the car look odd.

I just hope they make aftermarkets ones smaller and what not.

BlazeX12
07-02-2002, 03:03 PM
I live in VA, and my firend has clear lenses for his Teg. They are illegal, but they havent given him a ticket yet. At least not for that, when he got caught for speeding the cop told him they were illegal, but didnt give him a ticket. On another note...2k2civic, you live in D.C? , Well at least im not the only one in the area with a 2k2 Si. I havent seen any in this area, how many have you seen in DC? i live in northren VA, woodbridge.