PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in the EP world

asiahispanico
10-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Hey everybody,

Thanks for the add. Just got my EP3 back in July of this year as a daily (well project daily). Been in the TL community since 2010 and this is my first true dive into the Honda side of the house. Picked up a bone stock EP3 from a college student, had 210k miles and was kept up really well. Since then i've replaced spark plugs (OEM), threw on a AEM V2 intake, Fujitsubo Legalis R catback, and recently scored a oem type r wing for $90.

I installed the exhaust and noticed the suuuuuper tight clearance (and also to my dismay, the Catalytic converter isn't oem [I live in CA btw]). After about 5 minutes of searching in this forum, I found the issue (I kinda figured it was because of our gloriously watered down EP3 having a k20a3 instead of the k20a2, therefore shorter header/downpipe). Amazingly the car runs fine, despite having a slight exhaust leak at the header/downpipe flex gasket (at least that's where I think it is, very hard to tell). But thanks to this site ill know what I need (rsx type-s header/catalytic converter), yeah its a pain in the butt dropping money into a "daily" but man I cant help it when parts are so cheap!

My goal with this car is to be cheap. Being cheap but doing things the right way (quality/oem parts but at a minimal budget). I do plan to do a k20a swap in the future. I know I know, that wont be cheap lol. Sorry for the long disposition :tehehyper:

feralcomp
10-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Pics of wing!

asiahispanico
10-24-2017, 06:50 PM
Pics of wing!

Its not not in the best shape. Seller said the paints in pretty bad shape, but I plan to repaint it ssm to match my car. He already modified it to fit a usdm ep3. So I’ll just need to drill a hole for the harness to plug in. I’m so stoked. The stock wing that comes on our cars is laughable lol

usedep3
10-25-2017, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the forum. Start a build thread in the members ride section

asiahispanico
10-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. Start a build thread in the members ride section

Willdo! Thank you!

playap07
11-18-2017, 02:10 AM
Agreed! Welcome to the Fam!