PDA

View Full Version : scuffs, dings, scratches n dents...

odyessy SI
01-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Well I kno a lot of us have'em on our cars. So I was curious as to what anybody else had happen to their cars. My car had a huge scratch on the front bumper which i waxed out and put touch up paint over which is now barely noticeable. But today i was backin up at my house its pitch black(new development) and i nail this fucin wooden post that was wrapped in all black shrink wrap...i thought there was no damage but i found my rear side marker had been cracked in 2...other than that i got no damage. So i was wonderin what else any of u guys got due to bad luck? and how much u think its gonna cost to fix my rear side marker?

glizard
01-21-2003, 06:06 PM
some jerkoff put a ding on my car within 2 days
i got another dent/scuff on my drivers door within a month
of course no f!:?in note"call me and i will pay for it"
the lens assembly should cost you 1hr labor plus around $150-200 dollars in parts/i'm only averaging the cost of the lenses that iv'e replaced recently it could only be $100 i'm not sure

fishboy
01-21-2003, 06:08 PM
ooo what a fun topic. let's see:

had my car for a week, drove in the rain and some person's hubcap came off and rolled my way. i hit that thing going 65. left a nice scratch on my front bumper, took off some paint under the bumper too.

had my car for a month, sleepy still and looking for parking by my work. i saw a space in front of an f150. tried to backup. tried to backup somemore and i hit the car. no dents. but i did get some nice scratches from the screws that held it's front plate.

pretty pissed i went to get an estimate and they said 330 for the rear and 300 for the front. i said it's cool.

i have like 10 door dings on my passenger side. one of them is on the rear panel on the body line. OUCH. i have 2 door dings onthe drivers side. oh and a huge scratch right below my passenger side door. i don't know how that happened for the life of me.

last week, tailgated some ass talking on his cel phone and going all slow on the fast lane. he ran over some plastic box and huge pieces of it came flying at my car. some hit the window, which left marks that wiped off and some hit my front bumper so i have a scratch about a inch long right below my headlight, yay. not too bad could have been worse.

and also last week i handed my keys to my girlfriend so she could drive and she tripped on the curb and almost fell. she used her hand which had the keys in it to stop her from falling and she scratched my hood. oh well carbon fiber then i guess. sorry for the long post.:)

odyessy SI
01-21-2003, 06:15 PM
yea i'm really pissed right now this is one of those "support groups" haha for stuff that happend to our cars. do i go to a body shop to get my rear side marker fixed or can it get done at honda? glizard what'd u have done to ur rear side marker i only have my passenger side one to get fixed. lets keep these replies comin

fishboy
01-21-2003, 06:31 PM
is it just the rear bumper lense? if so then get some after marker clear ones or just another lense from honda.

DownTheHatch
01-21-2003, 08:01 PM
'tis better to dwell on the good than the bad

Get those things fixed or put them out of your mind, you'll only get more frustrated. I would know, I have had plenty of things happen to my baby. I spent $75 to get my door dings professionally removed might be something you guys should look into.

alex_mathews
01-21-2003, 08:15 PM
This past weekend someone scraped (bumper size) from the edge of the driver's side door, all the way across the quarter panel on my Si. I had it looked at today and I was told that it might be able to be buffed out. I doubt it, but I'll find out on Thursday.

icegrill
01-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Car is a month old. I was about to do the same style post.

Most recent thing it looks there wasn't enough paint on the "tips" of the rear wing. You can see a little bit of black.

Weirdest thing. Does anyone else have a small chip on the bottom edge of both there driver and passenger doors? Not noticeable except to feel from underneath. I just put a little touchup on them. It looked like some factory defect.

I always expected that when you get a new car it would be perfect. But I'm amazed at the minor flaws of a brand new car. Anyone elses new Si not perfect? :angel:

DownTheHatch
01-22-2003, 01:53 PM
the little "chips" at the bottom corners of both your doors is just a latex cover, you can peel it off.

fishboy
01-22-2003, 03:37 PM
hahaha

kpxplaya415
01-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
the little "chips" at the bottom corners of both your doors is just a latex cover, you can peel it off.

LOL :D

StevosEP
01-22-2003, 05:50 PM
well my car just got scratched today, looks like from a fingernail, about 7 inches on the drivers side rear fender, BASTARDS :), Now I'll start driving the turbo EK hatch around more, that car needs a new paint job, so new scratches won't be too bad.

DJ Catchem
01-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Heh...

On the fifth night I had my car, it was keyed. The entire passenger door.

Not long after, a truck kicked up a rock that put a big dent in the front center of my hood. I proceeded to stop at a grocery store, where I chipped the door paint on a shopping cart.

Next, the guy who plows my driveway plowed a snowbank *onto* my car. Broke the antenna, rear wiper, and factory rear spoiler.

Got it repaird, went to NY for the weekend. My GF's brother backed through the front of the car with a Suburban. destroyed every possible cosmetic panel from the firewall forward, a headlight, the bumper and tie bar, and half a dozen other things. No mechanical damage at all, thankfully.

I get it back this Saturday, on its' 7 month birthday.

I may sell it. I think it's cursed. Anyone want to seriously buy a black '02?

--->DJ

icegrill
01-22-2003, 09:54 PM
No they are not the "latex" clear protective film on the quarter panels this is on the actual bottom edge of the doors.