PDA

View Full Version : Warning to E-bay buyers on CAI......

BlairSpeed
01-22-2003, 12:03 PM
I just bought a cold air intake from HMotorsports off E-bay for a 2002 Civic Si. It came in the mail yesterday and after about an hour of trying to install, realized that the intake tube was bent the wrong way and would not fit. the intake is a nameless brand and didnt come w/ instructions. I realized this but didnt care since I only paid $50 for it. I have emailed them asking if they would just replace the tube, hope they respond!!!
just aheads up to anyone else who buys off E-bay. here is the link for the item and Hmotorsports are still selling these for the 2002 civic Si.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400935627&category=6764

dont buy this item for your EP, it wont fit!!!! :'(

ShowstoppersUSA
01-22-2003, 12:06 PM
Damn that sucks!:( But what you pay for is what you get. I'm scared to order from Ebay now! Thanks for the heads up.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
I just bought a cold air intake from HMotorsports off E-bay for a 2002 Civic Si. It came in the mail yesterday and after about an hour of trying to install, realized that the intake tube was bent the wrong way and would not fit. the intake is a nameless brand and didnt come w/ instructions. I realized this but didnt care since I only paid $50 for it. I have emailed them asking if they would just replace the tube, hope they respond!!!
just aheads up to anyone else who buys off E-bay. here is the link for the item and Hmotorsports are still selling these for the 2002 civic Si.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400935627&category=6764

dont buy this item for your EP, it wont fit!!!! :'(
damn that sucks! I had tried bidding on one before and someone else out bid me. Glad I didn't buy it! Thanks for the heads up

ssvr6
01-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
But what you pay for is what you get.

:rolleyes:

Not this debate again....

Steve

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6

:rolleyes:

Not this debate again....

Steve
LOL! yeah, my short ram sucks so bad. I could probably get 180whp with the AEM instead of my 146whp :rolleyes:

Cone Killer
01-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

LOL! yeah, my short ram sucks so bad. I could probably get 180whp with the AEM instead of my 146whp :rolleyes:

Hey...don't spread those lies around here. Some one is liable to believe you.:angel:

Jpax
01-22-2003, 03:21 PM
that pic on ebay looks like it would fit were the X is is were the air filter gose's The box is were it connects to the intake.

Jpax
01-22-2003, 03:24 PM
looks like a K&N
http://www.knfilters.com/images/typhoon/69-1009TS.jpg

Jpax
01-22-2003, 03:39 PM
http://www.pryor.ws/honda/pics/KNairintake003.jpg

It should go in this way.

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
that pic on ebay looks like it would fit were the X is is were the air filter gose's The box is were it connects to the intake.
then why in the world would they put the insert for the IAT way over there. The x looks like where it would go to the TB and the box is where the filter goes...kinda like the AEM. I always thought it was an AEM knock off.
Either way I guess...I'm not buying it! :p

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 05:23 PM
then again, the insert for the IAT looks to be in the same place as the K&N. But that ebay one looks a little longer than the K&N. They shouldn't advertise cold air if it's not. Bastards!

IceD out N CALI
01-22-2003, 05:29 PM
hope u get your money back

DownTheHatch
01-22-2003, 05:34 PM
No offense but, I'd be imbarrassed to have that POS on my car.

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
No offense but, I'd be imbarrassed to have that POS on my car.
:( then you'd hate to see my cheap sri :p

fishboy
01-22-2003, 05:51 PM
try paxie's idea of putting the filter on the other end and see what happens. i was thinking the same thing i just got distracted and forgot to post.:) if not then maybe it is a longer k&n-type that is closer to the hole in the engine bay next to our front right rim, hense "cold-air."

edit: it actually looks like it would wrap around the engine and suck super heated air close to the header.:D

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
try paxie's idea of putting the filter on the other end and see what happens. i was thinking the same thing i just got distracted and forgot to post.:) if not then maybe it is a longer k&n-type that is closer to the hole in the engine bay next to our front right rim, hense "cold-air."

edit: it actually looks like it would wrap around the engine and suck super heated air close to the header.:D
LOL, I was about to say the same thing....if you didn that it would bend toward the left and not the right....sucking up some mad hot air from the header....that's some powa!

fishboy
01-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

LOL, I was about to say the same thing....if you didn that it would bend toward the left and not the right....sucking up some mad hot air from the header....that's some powa!

good excuse to get an intercooler.:D let's get ricey!

step 1: cut pipe in half
step 2: weld tiny intercooler from like a 300z in between
step 3: hook up a fan to point at it (oh yeah we got room under there don't worry)
step 4: take pics and post them:D

DownTheHatch
01-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by fishboy

good excuse to get an intercooler.:D let's get ricey!

step 1: cut pipe in half
step 2: weld tiny intercooler from like a 300z in between
step 3: hook up a fan to point at it (oh yeah we got room under there don't worry)
step 4: take pics and post them:D

Definately sounds ricey, but I'd like to see some dyno numbers on such a setup. lol

02blksi
01-22-2003, 09:26 PM
To be honest that looks more like an SRI

Try connecting were the X is to your TB and installing the KN filter on the square end, otherwise get you money back and buy the CAI AEM :) -- Joe.

BlairSpeed
01-23-2003, 11:38 AM
I feel pretty stupid for not figuring out it was an SRI but I was so commited to making it fit as a cold air intake that I was blinded to anything else. It makes total sense now, but I am bummed that I was misled to believe I was purchasing a CAI. oh well, at least i have some sort of intake!!!!!
thanks to everyone for your input. :D :D

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
I feel pretty stupid for not figuring out it was an SRI but I was so commited to making it fit as a cold air intake that I was blinded to anything else. It makes total sense now, but I am bummed that I was misled to believe I was purchasing a CAI. oh well, at least i have some sort of intake!!!!!
thanks to everyone for your input. :D :D
leave some negative feedback for those bastards!

Si4U2NV
01-23-2003, 12:38 PM
ok...idunno y no one pointed this out before...herez the str8 smack... thatz NOT a CAI...thatz a SRI...itz a replica of the K&N Typhoon Intake...i (as well as conekiller) OWN THIS... in the picture (as pointed out b4) the part wit the blue tube connector attached to it is where the FILTER should go...the one with the box drawn around it connects to your TB (Throttle Body)... and im SICK of people makin fun of EBAY SRI... no matter what u say... itz the same EXACT thing as the K&N Typhoon SRI it just doesnt have a K&N filter...thatz the ONLY difference... it soundz and performs the same (i saw a dyno chart that provez it does BETTER)

EBAY SRI ALL THE WAY...

DTH--no offence but i would be embarrased to have a K&N Typhoon system under my hood as opposed to this EBAY SRI...y u ask? y pay shit loadz of money for a K&N sticker or AEM Decal??!?! SRI is SRI...

-Mike

EDIT: The guy is an IDIOT for sayin itz a CAI when it CLEARLY isnt... i hate idiotz that dont know wha theyre talkin about/selling...

ssvr6
01-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Huh? It was pointed out...where were you?

Originally posted by 02blksi
To be honest that looks more like an SRI

I agree, the knocking of Ebay products is a tad lame, but I at least understand why most feel that way. (This sale is a prime example.)

Steve