PDA

View Full Version : First impressions: JIC FLT-A2 coil overs

DocofMind
01-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Well, after doing much reading and much debating with my brother, we finally decided on going all out with the suspenion. I just got sick of hearing the horror stories you guys had with lowering your car and not maintaining the proper travel. The amount that I wanted the car to be lowered was going to exceed the limit of any shock, even a high performance one.
After going back and forth with the owner of JIC who happens to be an ex JGTC driver, I decided to go with the same suspension that i have on my s2000, the FLT-A2 coil overs. These are there top of the line model which offer 15 levels of dampening adjustment and a double adjustment on the height. What this does is actually allows you to lower the car without the loss of travel. Pretty trick. With the travel being a factor already, i didnt want to jeapordize ride quality with lowering the car. In addition to the height adjustment trick, JIC also incorporates a larger piston as well. Basically, this smooths the ride and reduces the po going effect related to lowering.

As for the ride, well, words can not describe the difference. The spring rates are 7k front and 8k rear so they are a little stiffer than factory. Even still, the ride is much better than factory. Much smoother and much more connected to the road. Most of the body roll is gone now thanx to the lower center of gravity and THERE IS NO NOISE. Every lowered EP i sat in creaked and squeaked so bad it was ridiculous. I absolutely luv these things.

I will post pics as soon as i can of both the units and the car so you guys can see. The price of admission for these units are a bit steep, but for me, suspension and brakes are priority. Thats why my s2k keeps up with high horsepower monsters on the track.

If any of you guys need pricing or specifics on these units let me know, i ll be gald to help you. As a side note, they are available in stiffer spring rates with the proper valving for you hard core track junkies

IceD out N CALI
01-22-2003, 05:09 PM
wow u went all out-cant wait to check out those pics:cool:

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Ah so 392 front and 448 rear. I'll update this in the spring rate thread of the suspension forum. I'd love to have that front spring rate, but keep my current 500 rear.
Nice job of getting some kick ass full coilovers. Can't beat those :)

hamlet9634
01-23-2003, 08:32 AM
i wanna drive it dammit.. soon soon.. (tomorrow night, woo hoo)

wonder if it'll understeer more because the front is so much stiffer while the rear is only marginally stiffer. Might have to JUST get the rear progress bar to try to balance this out.. leave the front bar alone.. gotta drive and see..

pictures?

chunky
01-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by DocofMind
Well, after doing much reading and much debating with my brother, we finally decided on going all out with the suspenion. I just got sick of hearing the horror stories you guys had with lowering your car and not maintaining the proper travel. The amount that I wanted the car to be lowered was going to exceed the limit of any shock, even a high performance one.
After going back and forth with the owner of JIC who happens to be an ex JGTC driver, I decided to go with the same suspension that i have on my s2000, the FLT-A2 coil overs. These are there top of the line model which offer 15 levels of dampening adjustment and a double adjustment on the height. What this does is actually allows you to lower the car without the loss of travel. Pretty trick. With the travel being a factor already, i didnt want to jeapordize ride quality with lowering the car. In addition to the height adjustment trick, JIC also incorporates a larger piston as well. Basically, this smooths the ride and reduces the po going effect related to lowering.

As for the ride, well, words can not describe the difference. The spring rates are 7k front and 8k rear so they are a little stiffer than factory. Even still, the ride is much better than factory. Much smoother and much more connected to the road. Most of the body roll is gone now thanx to the lower center of gravity and THERE IS NO NOISE. Every lowered EP i sat in creaked and squeaked so bad it was ridiculous. I absolutely luv these things.

I will post pics as soon as i can of both the units and the car so you guys can see. The price of admission for these units are a bit steep, but for me, suspension and brakes are priority. Thats why my s2k keeps up with high horsepower monsters on the track.

If any of you guys need pricing or specifics on these units let me know, i ll be gald to help you. As a side note, they are available in stiffer spring rates with the proper valving for you hard core track junkies

how much?

the JIC ones are the ones that replace the entire strut body with a new one that has a lower tie rod mount, etc right?

website?

hamlet9634
01-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by chunky

how much?

the JIC ones are the ones that replace the entire strut body with a new one that has a lower tie rod mount, etc right?

website?

list price is $1980
note - these are the ones for the RSX, so they have to be modified slightly to fit the EP. 1) you need the lower tie rod ends off an RSX ($70), and you have to grind the strut assumbly attatchment point down a little to fit the civic mounting point. I didn't do they work, so I dunno how hard it is to do.

www.jic-magic.com

DocofMind
01-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Lower tie rod ends? What the f^ck you talking about man?
Pass some of what you puffing over here.

As promised, here are some pics. Still waiting to wash the egg before i shoot pics of the whole thing. Anyhoo, here is the suspension.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/pe9f870be82dbf47f0318bd82e69de213/fcbcc4b0.jpg.orig.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p64cd01e1b39bd7c7c16dd78b2ef3b4a1/fcbcc4ae.jpg.orig.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/pd5811a6a0a469acb8cebef8e70d12084/fcbcc4ad.jpg.orig.jpg

ortedd
01-24-2003, 05:42 AM
drop the .orig.jpg

They come with the rear camber kit?

Originally posted by DocofMind
Lower tie rod ends? What the f^ck you talking about man?
Pass some of what you puffing over here.

As promised, here are some pics. Still waiting to wash the egg before i shoot pics of the whole thing. Anyhoo, here is the suspension.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/pe9f870be82dbf47f0318bd82e69de213/fcbcc4b0.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p64cd01e1b39bd7c7c16dd78b2ef3b4a1/fcbcc4ae.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/pd5811a6a0a469acb8cebef8e70d12084/fcbcc4ad.jpg

02SilverSiHB
01-24-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ortedd
drop the .orig.jpg

They come with the rear camber kit?

awsome!

DocofMind
01-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Sorry dood, no rear camber kit :( I wish though. Its a great piece. lighter than the factory counterpart too

goldy02
01-25-2003, 12:44 AM
hey docofmind you say that your car is corner balanced were do you get that done at, and also do you stull have your si tie rods one of mine is fucked and the dealership said maybe a month on that can i buy it from you please,