PDA

View Full Version : quick front camber adjustment

Cone Killer
01-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Ok...so in the shop manual for our car it lists a replacement bolt you can use to add about 1 degree of negative camber on the front suspension.

As this picture shows, the top bolt in red, is replaced with a smaller diameter bolt. This allows the strut and knuckle to move together pivoting off the bottom bolt.

Most of you would probably rather do the $25 comptec show here, but if you are trying to follow SCCA STS rules this is the low cost way to go.

The bolt # 90188 S5A-000

You will have to use a different nut, as the stock nut is too big. I can't find this nut anywhere from Honda, so if you plan to do this you will have to go to a specialty bolt and nut shop like I did to get it, or you could just hit me up in a PM and I'll get them for you for a nomial fee.

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/media/160-053.jpg

Cone Killer
01-26-2003, 02:18 PM
One more thing.

When you replace the top bolt, the camber changes and so does the toe adjustment. Toe moved inward (not good) as camber decreases (-). So if you want the negative camber you should also take the car to an alignment shop and have them adjust the toe out to whatever you feel neccesary. I will ask for 1/8th inch on both sides. You can also ask them to mark the spot for stock and 1/8th so you can change it later if you are like me and want a normal ride when not racing.

HondaMan
02-12-2003, 11:09 AM
tag for later...thanks for the info!

ortedd
03-23-2003, 03:42 PM
cone killer-

do you have the honda pn for that bolt?

-Josh

02SilverSiHB
03-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ortedd
cone killer-

do you have the honda pn for that bolt?

-Josh
I thought the part number was that one he listed in his first post: The bolt # 90188 S5A-000

ortedd
03-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I thought the part number was that one he listed in his first post: The bolt # 90188 S5A-000

doohhh!

!@#$%
03-23-2003, 10:01 PM
i lowered my car this weekend on progress springs and the spc camber bolts shown above looked very unnecessary. I just used the stock bolts and my front tires are fine. virtually no change, but its a damn good thing i had the rear camber kits. Definitely need those!

HondaMan
03-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i lowered my car this weekend on progress springs and the spc camber bolts shown above looked very unnecessary. I just used the stock bolts and my front tires are fine. virtually no change, but its a damn good thing i had the rear camber kits. Definitely need those!

Good info...I agree about the front camber and on the rear camber with Progress springs. BTW, what rear camber kit did you get again and where and how much? I need to get a rear kit ASAP. Thanks! :)

ortedd
03-24-2003, 04:29 AM
i want the bolts to get some negative camber with stock springs

!@#$%
03-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

Good info...I agree about the front camber and on the rear camber with Progress springs. BTW, what rear camber kit did you get again and where and how much? I need to get a rear kit ASAP. Thanks! :)

i bought spc cambers from chuck at showstoppers. :) perfect fit, easy functioning and no noise or anything unexpected.

ortedd
03-31-2003, 03:21 PM
in case anyone is interested the part number for the nut is

90213-s5a-003

"nut flange 14mm"