PDA

View Full Version : 02 Jdm Dc5r Ecu

RSXTypeR
01-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Whats up everyone, I just wanted to give those of you with Type S motors a heads up. I will be selling my 02 ITR ECU within a month or so. It is a great upgrade for the Type S motor. A friend of mine has one on his stock Type S and it feels strong as hell.

You will have to rewire your harness, very little involved. It willl work fine with your Type S motors, no internals need to be changed out.

You will also be able to use your Type S ecu after rewiring the harness, all you are doing is overriding the immobilizer.

Make me an offer, just remember this is a hard part to get alone. I am selling because I am going with a Mugen GT300 race spec ECU.

Richard

Shpoo
01-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey Richard,

This is off the topic but do you have anymore friends that are looking to sell their type S motor. I missed the other one that was offered a couple weeks ago since I don't check that section too often.:( Keep me in mind if one happens to surface.

Thanks

RSXTypeR
01-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Sure, Ill PM ahead of time, Im trying to get a few more people to go Type R. So you may be in luck, just be ready.

JoshSI
01-23-2003, 09:44 AM
I am also interested if anyone is seling there K20a2 drop me a PM if anything happens as well! THANKS ABUNCH

PoRT
01-23-2003, 09:59 AM
as modern-perf said.. he is a great guy to work with. mine should arrive tomorrow. if so, the swap will be done fri and sat. cant wait..

P.S. modern-perf if u see this, what kind of trans fluid did u go with in your 6 speed? feel smooth? just wondering. i purchased all redline oil yest, but i did not know what to use on the tranny. thanks - Tim

Hondata
01-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Richard,

Can you give me a call please at (310) 782 8278.

Thanks,

Doug

modern-perf
01-23-2003, 06:56 PM
PoRT...I just used plain old Castrol engine oil. 10w30 flavored.

RSXTypeR
01-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Sorry to reply so late, been up in Delano this weekend. Been trying to PM you, but cpu problems. Sorry about the reciept, Ill hunt down the previous owner and fax it over if its cool. I will also tell him to bring his receipt, Im sure he has it. However you want to do this. Also, how do you like your motor??? Very nice huh...

No reception in Delano, but you can call now...

PoRT
01-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Motor is great :D cant wait to get the computer fixed. can you either PM me the VIN #, or email it to Purged302@aol.com. i tried calling again but you musnt have a signal. my car is at honda right now.. i had to come to work. the guy said all i have to do is call him with the VIN and he'll take care of it. just let me kow as soon as u can..
BTW.. thanks Bro ;)

P.S. what was the guy running in his RSX with this motor? any dyno's? im curious how much those DC5 cams did. motor has 8k? miles. i just want an idea for maintenence purposes.

yeah. the swap was pretty straight forward, only a couple of kinks. the header was a little bent and stripped, but mighty muffler fixed that (lmao) the shifter was a BITCH, but i got it done. now i have reverse, lol. took us about a day and a half. started on fri at 8 PM. finished 2AM. started sat @ 12PM, finished about 12AM. not too bad for doing it in a small garage with jackstands. lol

RSXTypeR
01-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Sorry for the delay, its hard being a middleman...

Anyways I heard you already got the vin #, didn't check this site yesterday, was home sick. Yeah I get no reception at my pad...to close to hills I guess. (Nextell Sucks!!!)

My work # is (626) 964-4100 ext 104 (ask operator to page) if you have any more questions. Im usually here 6-2:30 Mon-Sat.

As for what my friend was running in his car...He has never taken his car to the track. He's the kind of guy that wants a car that has some balls, but will never make use of it. He broke his motor in without ever sneaking a peak at the ivtec. His cams were put it at about 2.5K miles and the motor had under 9K miles when pulled out.

Richard

PoRT
01-29-2003, 04:20 PM
one last question.. is the hondata flahs the one made for the intake? is it the stage 3 or stage 4? thanks man. my vtec is a little rough. it kinda surges through it, its not smooth like.. i was wondering if it has something to do with the computer of the cams or what.. thanks man

RSXTypeR
01-30-2003, 02:27 PM
I don't know about a rough vtec, what do you mean by rough. I have ridden in the car that had that motor plenty of times, felt fine to me. Vtec on the Type S motor is very loud, actually sounds louder that the Type R...don't ask me why.

As far as the Hondata Flash, I have no clue.Ive never had the Hondata Flash, I will ask again

PoRT
01-30-2003, 02:40 PM
did he have a CAI on the RSX? as for the VTEC.. it kinda surges through it. its like a little "jumpy" through it. not like a smooth displacement of power. its no big deal lol i was just wondering if thats how they were. i also manage a cellular phone store.. so i know about Nextel's Coverage ;)

P.S. Richard.. i know its hard being the middleman lmao but i wanted to thank you for your help with everything. i hope you got something out of the deal for all the work you put into it. i also need a receipt or something if you would. or bill of sale. if this has been mailed allredy, just let me know which address it ws sent to. thanks again man. anything you sell, put me down as a reference. ill back you up