PDA

View Full Version : Noises and Warranty?????

KentuckySi
01-22-2003, 09:04 PM
A couple of Questions? 1.-I notice when I am hard on the throttle I here a whistling noise comeing from the engine bay, what is that? 2.-At idle my Si sounds like the valves are rattling but it only has 5K miles, what could this be from? 3.-The BIG question, has anyone had any problems with Honda do warranty repairs or service with the addition of aftermarket parts?

SiRman
01-23-2003, 12:38 AM
.-At idle my Si sounds like the valves are rattling but it only has 5K miles

Have you checked your oil level lately?

chunky
01-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by KentuckySi
A couple of Questions? 1.-I notice when I am hard on the throttle I here a whistling noise comeing from the engine bay, what is that? 2.-At idle my Si sounds like the valves are rattling but it only has 5K miles, what could this be from? 3.-The BIG question, has anyone had any problems with Honda do warranty repairs or service with the addition of aftermarket parts?

your car is in need of valvetrain adjustment. usually the first valve adjustment is required relatively soon after buying the car as the parts in the head break in.

not a big deal. dealership will charge you about 90-100 bucks for it.

glizard
01-23-2003, 05:25 PM
what kind of mods
when does the valve train make noise(i.e. when it's cold/first thing after start-up) as far as the whistling noise does the noise happen if you are standing still and revving the engine or only when moving?

JackHerer
01-23-2003, 05:50 PM
i had the valve rattling noise after i got a new head and block after 16000km. brought it to honda they adjusted it but the noise was still there so i brought it back again and they fixed it. there should be no charge for the valve adjustment.

Originally posted by KentuckySi

sonic imperial
01-24-2003, 07:36 AM
I think I need a valve adjustment. I'm just over 8000 miles and when I accelerate uphill I hear a pinging sound from the motor area. Guess I'll tell honda about it when I bring it in for an oil change.