PDA

View Full Version : 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers?

mRillfadE
01-23-2003, 01:11 AM
i was looking on ebay and i search for hp headers and i saw 2 kinds of hp racing headers for the acura rsx base. one is 4-1 in crome for $165. the other is 4-2-1 in ceramic coat for $215. which ones would u guys get? which has better gains and reliability? or should i just go for dc sports?

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by mRillfadE
i was looking on ebay and i search for hp headers and i saw 2 kinds of hp racing headers for the acura rsx base. one is 4-1 in crome for $165. the other is 4-2-1 in ceramic coat for $215. which ones would u guys get? which has better gains and reliability? or should i just go for dc sports?
I have the 4-1 hp header. I also have a cheap intake off ebay, I'm putting 146whp down

Will2K2
01-23-2003, 06:03 AM
A 4-1 is typically features a more radical collector and because the way the primaries are designed benefits are more for higher revving engines.

I hate to get into it, but I think most of the 4-1's would see more benefit from the Hondata ECU flash / thus giving more revs up top.

Most "typical" 4-2-1 designs emphasize a gain in the midrange, retention of stock highend and no loss of torque(in rare cases a torque gain)

I had an HP header for my EK and it was built like a brick shit house, I swear the flange was almost an inch thick, but I dont have alot of experience with their new Stuff.

As far as DC, I wouldn't necessarily pay for a prettier header(stainless) cause you don't really see much of it in our cars.

Just some food for thought

W

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Will2K2
A 4-1 is typically features a more radical collector and because the way the primaries are designed benefits are more for higher revving engines.

I hate to get into it, but I think most of the 4-1's would see more benefit from the Hondata ECU flash / thus giving more revs up top.

Most "typical" 4-2-1 designs emphasize a gain in the midrange, retention of stock highend and no loss of torque(in rare cases a torque gain)

I had an HP header for my EK and it was built like a brick shit house, I swear the flange was almost an inch thick, but I dont have alot of experience with their new Stuff.

As far as DC, I wouldn't necessarily pay for a prettier header(stainless) cause you don't really see much of it in our cars.

Just some food for thought

W
I had more torque than Cone Killer did, and he just had an intake. But yeah, the HP is more for high end then the mid range.