PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea

ssvr6
01-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Would there be any interest in a site that was dedicated to ALL of the new k motors?

I've been tossing around some ideas and I think that a site dedicated to the technical and motorsports aspect would be a really good resource.

From complete how to write ups, to videos, reviews, etc.

What does everyone think?

Steve

jdm_ep3
01-23-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm all for it

IceD out N CALI
01-23-2003, 01:39 PM
as long as you can get the people that are very knowledgeable on the K series motors to join and share the knowledge to the rest of us i think good. It would be cool to parlay the knowledge of the different k series like they did for the b series

ssvr6
01-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Here's my thoughts. There are (so far) 4 versions of various power outputs available in the US and Canada.

Si
RSX
RSX-S
CRV

Add in the CTR, ITR, Euro Accord, etc.. and I think that we'll have some good discussions.

I'm already working on a something that I think everyone will like.

I'm just going through the final process of the idea. I'll post more on this in a few days.

In the meantime, post any thoughts or ideas on this.

Steve

gpt
01-23-2003, 02:28 PM
I think the more knowledge available the better. You would have to ensure that your site is different from clubrsx/ephatch etc. or else people will not go there - they will stick with clubrsx/ephatch.

I know I would go there if it had content that differs from this site though.

From a commercial perspective who would your target market be, if it is too broad then it may be difficult to attract sponsors.

With the future growth of the K-series and the current (relative) lack of information on it, I think your idea would work though - just need to get in there before someone else does.;)

Just some thoughts......

ssvr6
01-23-2003, 04:18 PM
The site would be performance related and that would be the audience. (Owners of or those interested.)

It would have GOBS of info from stats, dynos, etc..

Club RSX and this site rotate around the forum. While I have plans for one, it won't be the focal point of the site. The info and such will.

Steve

chunky
01-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Here's my thoughts. There are (so far) 4 versions of various power outputs available in the US and Canada.

Si
RSX
RSX-S
CRV

Add in the CTR, ITR, Euro Accord, etc.. and I think that we'll have some good discussions.

I'm already working on a something that I think everyone will like.

I'm just going through the final process of the idea. I'll post more on this in a few days.

In the meantime, post any thoughts or ideas on this.

Steve

don't forget the 4 cylinder accord motor for the 2003+ accord. ;)

ssvr6
01-23-2003, 04:27 PM
You are correct!

Steve

swampdonkey
01-23-2003, 08:01 PM
and the new honda element

Jpax
01-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by swampdonkey
and the new honda element

Im going to buy one this summer, and drop it with 22" wheels nd tires, put the booming system and go downtown sea, and pimp ho's out the back. :D

CleanBlackSi02
01-23-2003, 09:02 PM
You know I'm down... Don't forget the Element! I'd love to do a K20A2 in an Element. Better start saving.

ssvr6
01-23-2003, 09:04 PM
I thought the Element woudl be a given since it's running on the CRV platform.

:)

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
01-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Just clarifying...

So Steve, did those pics dissappear? ;)

!@#$%
01-23-2003, 10:29 PM
u would have to keep the forum to a minimum to stray the b series trolls away. ooOOooooOOO the b series is better blah blah...

anyway the idea is a great one. I'd love to help but I lack the pc tech skills. If everything goes through, i'd bookmark it. dyno's with different setups and head swaps, frankenstein concepts....that would catch my attn. good luck

ep pilot
01-23-2003, 10:44 PM
I am all for it, go for it. BTW I believe the current base Accord is offered in the K-series mill too! don't forget.

-Ryan

DjMacAtack
01-23-2003, 10:52 PM
i saw an element on the freeway today... silver n black... man that thing is tall

too bad there was traffic...:o

2k2SiAutoXer
01-24-2003, 06:49 AM
yeah, a K block site sounds tight. Just have to make sure it does not get overun with bs posts and redundant posts or else people would not bother with it.

--Tom