kpxplaya415
01-23-2003, 07:20 PM
:: in awe ... mesmerized :: :eek:

X 2KS2K
01-23-2003, 07:32 PM
looks great man! love the blue

myeverlovinsir
01-23-2003, 07:48 PM
You should was your lens, that first pic is wobboly...Nice pic in the 2nd.;)

mrfixit687
01-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by X 2KS2K
looks great man! love the blue

haha i wish that was the lense, no its orange peel :(

golferjn
01-23-2003, 09:26 PM
nice car

silver ep
01-23-2003, 09:38 PM
I like the blue more and more, nice pics!

anjapower
01-29-2003, 08:19 AM
mrfixit:

Car looks awesome! I have a VBP Si as well, and I was wondering if you could answer me a question.

I have noticed that my bumpers seem to be of a slightly different color than the rest of the car. I can see this best when I am about to open the driver's side door and look towards the bottom right (at the rear bumper where it wraps around to the side, just behind the rear wheel).

Could you please tell me if yours has the same problem? My dealer assures me that it's normal, but that's what they always say. Just wanted to get some feedback from a VBP owner.

Edit: reason I ask is that I notice your front bumper is of a slightly different color than the rest of the car.

mrfixit687
01-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
mrfixit:

Car looks awesome! I have a VBP Si as well, and I was wondering if you could answer me a question.

I have noticed that my bumpers seem to be of a slightly different color than the rest of the car. I can see this best when I am about to open the driver's side door and look towards the bottom right (at the rear bumper where it wraps around to the side, just behind the rear wheel).

Could you please tell me if yours has the same problem? My dealer assures me that it's normal, but that's what they always say. Just wanted to get some feedback from a VBP owner.

Edit: reason I ask is that I notice your front bumper is of a slightly different color than the rest of the car.

anjapower it is completely normal, this is why i love this color, the
paint will change colors depending on the amount/type of light
and at what angle you look at it from, regular it would be blue
like that, but in bright sunlight at an angle the blue would go to a
more greenish blue depending on angle, and at night under a
flourescent light, it will change to purple blue depending on the
angle :)

anjapower
01-29-2003, 05:55 PM
phew. thanks for the input, now I can breathe a little easier;)

mrfixit687
01-29-2003, 08:38 PM
np ;)

1 fstr si
01-29-2003, 08:52 PM
i work at a lexus dealership and i have noticed the same thing with about all of their cars. especially the LS430's and ES300's with the silver and gold exterior colors. the bumpers are WAY OFF on color match. the reason why, and it may be the same with the Si, is that they dont paint the car and the bumpers at the same time, therefore, it may not be the same batch of paint for the car as it is for the bumpers. therefore the color mix may vary slightly and matches at the factory, but, when the paint sets and cures, the paint changes slightly. its just a normal production thing, nothing to worry about really. this is another reason why i got a white car. flaws are harder to see.:D

anjapower
01-29-2003, 09:33 PM
My dealer told me the difference was due to the different materials being painted--metal on the car body vs. polymer/plastic bumpers. It makes sense, but I was wondering if more expensive cars also had these imperfections.

I can't believe you saw the same thing on LS430s!!

1 fstr si
01-29-2003, 10:06 PM
sure did, i might be able to get some pics of some of the ES's. and the LS's i seen it on, some of em are the ultra models with a sticker of $72,500. talk about quality.

cease
01-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
mrfixit:

i also have a VBP si and i havent noticed a diffrence in color.

mrfixit687
01-30-2003, 12:51 AM
yea i dont notice diff in color in mine

chet
12-28-2003, 04:36 PM
bump