PDA

View Full Version : Honda Problems?!?!?!?!

NetDragon
07-24-2002, 08:52 AM
Soooo WTF?! Before I got my 2K2 Si I heard everybody tell me that Hondas are perfect solid cars, hardly ever recall anything because the cars come out so well designed and reliable. So far I have only had a problem with my right rear (left one to but not nearly as bad) speaker sounding like it is blown, I popped the cover off and 'show-nuff' the screws where loose, really loose. Otherwise it has been a great car so far. Oh and some times reverse is hard to get into, especially after a trip on the freeway. But I feel like we are all driving "Civic Si v1.1b Beta Edition". When I had my focus for about 2 years before the Si it was recalled 6 times, and I was part of the lucky recall lot for those 6. There where actually like 9 recalls but I was in 6 of them. One of them was baaaad and really bit me. I went on a long drive and when I was sitting at a stop light with the clutch pressed down & sitting in 1st I heard a loud PROOOONG! When I let up the clutch it only came up about half way, lucky it was still enough for the gears to enguage, and I had to drive 500 miles back home like that and took it to the dealer to get it fixed, turnes out there was a recall on the Clutch Return Spring. I love my Si more than life itself, but I hope I did not buy another Focus!

SpeedRacer
07-24-2002, 09:07 AM
your speaker rattling is not a problem compared to a CLUTCH RECALL so just kick back and tighten the screws that hold your speakers in and you should be fine. This car is not a focus.

MagusDC5
07-24-2002, 09:11 AM
The EM2 7G Civics seem to have a lot of problems as well...at least with the amount of ppl complaining that they have problems. My 2001 Civic has not had any problems so far (knock on wood), so my experiences with Honda have been good so far...but hey theres always gonna be "bad apples" in a bunch.

NetDragon
07-24-2002, 09:43 AM
SpeedRacer: Yeah I tighened those down a while back, eventually going to get replaced with Ininity Reference 6 1/2" drivers or maybe 2 ways in the back and the drivers in the front to complement the decent tweeds in the dash. And I heave heard the trouble getting into reverse is normal honda stick.

Magus: I am confident that the car will out live any Focus. Especially with how ANAL I am about my car, just makes me wonder some times. it is a first gen car of it's kind, just my expectations where higher than I think maybe they should have been. My friends talked up Honda so much! Please do not get me wrong, I love my Si and even though I know I paid too much for it, I am very happy I bought it.

Just another NetDragon Bitch Session! hehe :p

beretta627
07-24-2002, 09:55 AM
99-02 ... trouble free driving for my Si :-) 45k of no hassles!

NetDragon
07-24-2002, 09:57 AM
Ahhh.. That is good to hear.. Well I have over 2k miles on mine now.. I take a commuter train to work so I do not get a lot of miles ATM.

smapzy
07-24-2002, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Net. But who need stock speaker anyway! :D

NetDragon
07-24-2002, 11:56 AM
Well the stocks are not THAT bad for stock paper come POS speaks. But I want some nice ones in there! For now though, just have them tighened down like they should be. They work fine with my new head unit.