PDA

View Full Version : just installed my SRI.......

BlairSpeed
01-24-2003, 10:36 AM
It only took me about 30 minutes to install it and damn was it worth the $64. Its the AEM sri rip-off from E-bay but its nice. I was told by that it does actually receive cold air from back of the engine bay, just not as mush as the CAI. I notice that when Im waiting at a light, the temp guage, goes up just a smidge, then when Im going, it goes back down. All I know, is that it sounds so sweet while im accelerating, its so addicting, i love it. I pull much harder through all the gears and didnt seem to loose much low end torque at all and the top end pulls much harder.
One thing I do notice is that the intake sound doesnt really kick in til second gear on. As soon soon as I engage 2nd gear, it gets loud and fast. I can only imagine this w/ the Hondata chip. :D

Gibhunter
01-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
I was told by that it does actually receive cold air from back of the engine bay, just not as mush as the CAI. I notice that when Im waiting at a light, the temp guage, goes up just a smidge, then when Im going, it goes back down.

Glad that you're happy. Just wanted to let you know that the in dash temp gauge shows the engine coolant temperature and not the air intake temperature, so unless you have some kind of thermometer hooked up to your air intake, you can't tell what the air teperature is in the intake.

Si4U2NV
01-24-2003, 01:22 PM
whoaa buddy...u paid $65 for the EBAY SRI?! i only payed 40 shipped... EBAY SRI ROCKZ!

-Mike

BlairSpeed
01-24-2003, 01:59 PM
it was $64 shipped to my door, so I paid $51 for the intake. either way its still cheap as hell for the samething as the K&N Typhoon.