PDA

View Full Version : CARBON FIBER Hood

chet
01-24-2003, 12:13 PM
I wanted to let you know that I emailed Shawn who runs Seibon and AFS Motorsports out of Indianapolis. He said if enough guys got together for either the OEM style cf or the VS style i think it is. He would give a group discount. www.seibon.com

I have tried to get him to register saying it might be a good business venture, but I don't know if he'll do it. Check out the link and mail him. His name is Shawn Xu -- friends of the dude who's driving the white (Acura?) in the four car race in Fast and the Furious.

CivicHB
01-24-2003, 09:17 PM
Maybe I have missed past posts about this, but on that web site it "claims" they produce a carbon fiber front lip in mugen and type-R styles for 02 HB Si. Every one is constanly griping about not having a decent choice of front lips for our cars yet they list those two lips and the rest of the type-R kit ( sides/rear) in CF. Is that company known for quality products or what? are they even in stock or are they just listed so you will buy now and wait for the backorder later, kinda like the comptech airbox?

chet
01-25-2003, 03:20 AM
Me and this Shawn have a mutual friend, and he tells me they have a warehouse full of bodykits, etc. Lots of different stuff. From what I hear, they supply a lot of the other local shops. You probably just need to mail him and ask him.

CivicHB
01-26-2003, 04:16 PM
wow great site. no e-mail reply. how do they sell their products?

chet
01-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Just getting to know them myself. I am not sure about the answer to your question. I haven't even purchased anything from him yet. I am looking for something special for my car. I don't think I am going with a bodykit. I have been trying to find a company that will make me an orange cf Hood.

check this out www.superiordash.com

CivicHB
01-26-2003, 06:30 PM
what color is your car?

chet
01-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Nighthawk Black. Ablack cf hood would not really change the look of the car much. An d I can't justify weight reduction . TheOEM hood doesn't weigh that much anyway. I am guessing yours is white?

CivicHB
01-27-2003, 03:05 PM
My car is black. our hoods are small, so I wonder how much of a weight difference that would realy be. but I still plan on purchasing a black CF hood, but hopfully a mugen replica as to differ from stock since it will blend with the rest of the car. I heard that stock EP hoods trap and hold turbulent air while driving and the the mugen hood was a solution to this problem, but don't quote me,it might just be some B/S.