PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a problem with their gas door?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Since day one, I've had a problem popping my gas door...
It took about 5 tries to open...
So I had the dealer fix it yesterday while they were doing the oil change...
Just curious if anyone else had this problem...

ep88
01-24-2003, 02:37 PM
mine is ok :rolleyes:

sancho61
01-24-2003, 02:56 PM
I have the same problem. I just pull extremely hard and it works.

sonic imperial
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Mine has that problem occasionally. Seems to be working ok the last couple of weeks. One day I pulled up to get gas and it took about 15 pulls of the lever. I thought I was going to be stuck because I didn't have much gas anyway. If something happens and it doesn't work, I might could get someone to pull the lever up while I pull the door open.

X 2KS2K
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah, the first pull doesn't always pop it for me.

glizard
01-24-2003, 04:20 PM
if the fuel door sticks just press down on the release spring inside and make it less binding

JSIR
01-24-2003, 05:37 PM
mine is doing the exact same thing recently, I am going to pop the cover and tighten up the cable a bit if possible, looks like it can be done.

IceD out N CALI
01-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by X 2KS2K
Yeah, the first pull doesn't always pop it for me.

same here. not bad enough where its a problem

SiR Medic
01-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Mine's actually frozen with ice a couple of times.:(

MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS!

I almost wish our car didn't come with a remote gas-door release.

I mean really if you wanted to steal gas, would you siphon it from a Honda Civic or a Chev Suburban or other SUV that's gotta be nearby?:confused:

gtaSiR
01-25-2003, 09:52 AM
In the 4 months I've owned my EP, I've never had a problem with the gas door.
I shouldn't have said that... next time I get fuel I bet my gas door won't open.

SpeedRacer
01-25-2003, 10:08 AM
i've also never had that problem.

Suk02Si
01-25-2003, 11:33 AM
I have that problem:(

Silver7
01-25-2003, 11:50 AM
i think its there more for ppl putting shit in there then ppl stealing gas.
i had a friend who had an ex that poured sugar in his gas tank and killed the engine...

Originally posted by SiR Medic
Mine's actually frozen with ice a couple of times.:(

MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS!

I almost wish our car didn't come with a remote gas-door release.

I mean really if you wanted to steal gas, would you siphon it from a Honda Civic or a Chev Suburban or other SUV that's gotta be nearby?:confused:

02SilverSiHB
01-25-2003, 02:23 PM
mines, fine, but it is different than most. I have to pull it all the way up to get the sucker to pop open

Mechanic
01-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
Since day one, I've had a problem popping my gas door...
It took about 5 tries to open... Just curious if anyone else had this problem...

Yea! Me too. The first time it happened, I'd run the tank damn near to the bone (deliberately), and I ended up pacing back-and-forth like a jerk trying to persuade the fuel door to open. It's still not any better, but I never think of it except when I'm driving. You've reminded me that I've got to fix it, which I do now except it's about 15 degrees outside.

TrippZ
01-25-2003, 03:07 PM
funny
i never had a problem before untill last night when i read this. i had to yank twice. i guess all i gotta do is yank a little harder. no biggy

SmoothOperator
01-25-2003, 03:31 PM
I haven't had any problems with mine. But I hate how flimsy the lever is. Feels like I'm gonna bust the damn thing when I pull it.

mRillfadE
01-26-2003, 04:24 PM
i have the same problem, usually takes me about 2 pulls to get it open. Mine doesnt pop open, it just opens just enough to stick a finger in and pry. does anyones gas door pop open (as in more spring like action)?

cease
01-26-2003, 04:36 PM
ive never had that problem...

spoon3168
01-26-2003, 09:36 PM
i have the same problem too, just too lazy to bring it to fix it, one time it was frozen too i couldn't even gas damn:(
tell us how it turn out, if the dealer fix that problem

atl-si
01-27-2003, 10:59 AM
I had that done to me once. I thought I was crazy or something. I pulled and look and nothing moved and pulled and looked and it finally opened. Sheesh! Although, it haven't happened again since then.

ssvr6
01-27-2003, 11:02 AM
Hmm...never had this problem. It always works for me.

Steve

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by spoon3168
i have the same problem too, just too lazy to bring it to fix it, one time it was frozen too i couldn't even gas damn:(
tell us how it turn out, if the dealer fix that problem

Dealer fixed it...took a couple tries though...
First time they "fixed" it, I went out to the car and tried it and after about 5 attempts it still didnt open...
So they brought it back in...tried again...
This time it popped on the first attempt...
And hasnt given me another problem yet...
Don't know exactly what they had to do though...
The first time he said he adjusted the door itself...
I think they probably had to adjust a cable, if it even uses one...
I dunno.
It's fixed, i'm happy.