PDA

View Full Version : Busted for racing, I'm screwed!

si02racerboi
01-25-2003, 12:29 AM
:'( oh man oh man, i was just racing people tonight and i beat this one souped up EX , but than i lined up wiht a 4 door integ , light turns green we both go, iam leading, its like at my rear bumper, than i look in my rear view mirror OMFG!!! A FUCKING COP FLASHING HIS LIGHTS, i pull over immidietly...integ still going so the cop goes for him, integ pulles over, cops wave to me with there flash liights...iam like aw fuck man iam done for me being 17 and all .....i get a tickeet my first ticket, it says its a traffic ticket for exhibition of speeding, man man man you cant imagine what pain iam in right now.....i dont know what to do i havent even told my parents yet its 11:19 pm... ARGH i cant think......the cop was all talking about how he lost his brother in street racing and how he can take me to juvinile hall and shit iam like god dam iama cry... but i didnt...iam crying now though , i feel that my racing days are over.....:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ep88
01-25-2003, 12:33 AM
im sorry to hear that bro..

o2seriouSi
01-25-2003, 12:44 AM
at least it wasn't a srteetracing ticket......sorry to hear about ur run in w/ the cops...:'( good luck beating the ticket;)

95 GSR
01-25-2003, 12:46 AM
At least u didnt get a "speed contest" ticket. I got one of those when i was 16, ($1,000 + suspend), i was just luckin the cop didnt tow my car..., i just got my licence then so, he gave me a warning for driving after 12, having someone under 25 in the car, and curfew...

i feell ur pain man... gotta watch out for those pigss...

glw
01-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles but your racing days don't have to be over. Just take them to the strip or track. The cop was right, learn the lesson now and don't wait until someone gets hurt or worse... It's really more fun at the strip/track anyway. You got flashy lights, timers and clocks, and the smell of burning rubber. ;) :p

Check 'em out - Sacramento Raceway (http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/)

Good luck with the ticket!

Makross
01-25-2003, 01:23 AM
damn sorry to hear that bro but look on the bright side you were in the lead

kpxplaya415
01-25-2003, 01:28 AM
yeah my friend did that too cept it wasnt for street racing...

on the way to the beach area at night he went over 100 on the highway and was stopped and recieved 4 violations in 1 night. also if you didn't know over 100 is a felony and you will be arrested. Luckily (not that lucky though) cop wrote it up as 100 and along with that having 2 underage passengers. i forgot what the other 2 were, but this is like weeks after his license. Court date is a couple days away, and I'm pretty sure he is F*CKED

SiRman
01-25-2003, 01:41 AM
That sucks, but here they can take your licence away for a year, on the spot(yeah like at the side of the road!) for that shit.

Best to learn your lesson and keep it off the public streets.

Don't get me wrong though, I drive spiritedly on the streets.:angel:

ULTRAMANIA
01-25-2003, 03:47 AM
dood sorry to hear that bro... i'm sure all of us here at ephatch can feel ya on our first ticket.. believe me... i was scared outta my mind what i was going to tel lmy parents, but dood, you'll get through this.. don't be to hard on yourself.. there's a purpose for everything, even speeding tickets.. :( .. when i got my first ticket, that told me to take my racing anxieties only to the track.. good luck man.. hope you get through this with as less trouble possible...

Will2K2
01-25-2003, 07:23 AM
Take it to the Track, keep it off the streets

2k2SiAutoXer
01-25-2003, 07:31 AM
i feell ur pain man... gotta watch out for those pigss...

like they are not doing their job, ok. Grow up.
anyways- Good luck fighting the ticket, hopefully you will take it to the track next time. Its a better experience when you are not worrying about cops and imperfections in the road, also you have proof who won, not this 1/2 of a car length..ect.

--Tom

ssvr6
01-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Everyone knows where I stand on this. You're lucky it wasn't more than what you got. Secondly, your insurance is going to skyrocket on your next renewal, you can't go to school for this, and you'll most likely get points on your license.

Learn from this (I hope more people will). Street racing is just fucking dumb.

Oh yeah, try not to curse in the topic title. Let's try to keep some cleanliness to the site.

Good luck, and try to stay positive.

Steve

TrippZ
01-25-2003, 09:20 AM
I can't say I feel sorry for you because it seems like you went around looking for races.

I'll admit (because as you guys know im pretty damn honest), I street race, but I don't like it. I'll do it once every few weeks or a month. And, i'll do it at a designated time and spot, and someone is going to have an All band detector and go out and look for cops before hand. If you're going to do it be smart about it. No public streets firstly, no traffic, blahblahblah. But I still don't like it. I'm on probation already so I know I'll be rhinofucked if I get into any more trouble.

Just be glad you only got exhibition of speeding. That's not extremely major. Speed Contest is bad. REally bad.

im losing my train of thought. just good luck with that. be smart. and if you have a track around you, use that. I'd race at the track constantly if i knew where it was... :X

IceD out N CALI
01-25-2003, 10:25 AM
sorry to hear that man. good luck, and racing on the street is stupid. However (whelther we admit it or not) we've all done it. the difference is many of us dont have to deal with the label like you probably will once u get it on your record(and at such a young age). hope your insurance doesnt go up too much.

BlasTech
01-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Makross
damn sorry to hear that bro but look on the bright side you were in the lead
damn sorry to hear that bro but look on the bright side you're not DEAD!

Get on the track, and save us all some insurance money.

02SiHB
01-25-2003, 04:51 PM
Man, quit acting like a little baby... It's only a ticket.. You're lucky you weren't arrested or killed for street racing.. Consider it a blessing.

SiR Medic
01-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Y'know what... TOUGH NOOGIES.

Learn your lesson, be thankful you didn't crash or kill somebody, and be thankful he only gave you a speeding ticket.

With a track so close to home... you have NO excuse for street racing.

Sorry if I come off a little strong, but part of my job is scraping people like you off the highway after they have had MVA's. I have very little sympathy for street racers and NO sympathy for drunk drivers.

Think about it, what if a kid had run out into the road or something like that?

Oh yeah... BTW, thanks for doing your part to make the EP just a little harder to insure, around here Civics cost much more than Corollas to insure because of stuff like this.

Save it for the track.

atl-si
01-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Well, that the consequences you pay for street racing! You are lucky you didn't go to jail!

si02racerboi
01-25-2003, 08:38 PM
hopefully i can take traffic school for this , so my insurance doesnt sky rocket on me..man...this sucks though but i am not trippin it about it anymore, ive learned my lesson, iam a try to keep it off the streets and if i do race iama make sure theres no one around otherwise i wont do it...but iama take it to the track as soon as it opens in feb for some street legal fun... haha :)

95 GSR
01-25-2003, 09:06 PM
if it was a speed contest ticket, u couldnt even get traffic school... like everyone said u are very lucky...u could get anyway with traffic school , if this is ur first ticket...

SiBoy
01-25-2003, 09:47 PM
This one time i was racing a black gsr and a prelude and i calle dmy freind(prelude) and we were talking after the run and then this cop goes hella fast while iw as changing lanes i almost hit him, and he started cussing at me on the speaker fone or whatever, and then he was yelling at me saying i almost got everyone killed and then he was gonna charge me for racing b/c he caught me but i kept denying it, and saying i was on the fone and whie he was talking to me my fone kept ranging too so it kind ahelped my excuse and then he just gave me a ticket for dangerous lane changing. Then i fought the ticket in court and he never showed up so i won. After that i never do highway racing or ne sort of streetracing, only when its very late at nite and no1 is around do i do it.:D Learn ur lesson because i learned mine too

95 GSR
01-25-2003, 09:53 PM
" God damn streetracers!!" - Fast and the Furious
:D

natesi
01-26-2003, 02:43 AM
rhinofucked is a cool word.

surfsi
01-26-2003, 07:43 AM
I'm thirty and I drive like you! I've gotten two speeding tickets since I've had my si and plead not guilty to both;When it was time for court you always get a chance to talk with the officer and he doesn't want t waste the states money so he'll plea with you and offer you something different with the same fine, that way they still make their revenue and you don't get any points on your record it's a win win situation. Point being plea not guilty,go in with a positive attitude and be sure to remind the officer of how this is your first time and you wont do it again,pay your fine and then there will be no record of racing. Come to think of it I did this two months ago and they lowered my fine without any points and they still owe me thirty bucks in the mail which I will remind of, THANKS for the reminder and good luck

ortedd
01-26-2003, 08:25 AM
si02racerboi-

Do you pay your own insurance? Sometimes with your first ticket(s) at a young age you can use that for sympathy from the judges. Be like "i am a student, I work and i pay for my insurance", because the increase in premiums is probably going to be punishment enough. If you don't well then, good luck, keep a positive attitude etc.

ssvr6
01-26-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm almost 100% sure that you can't go to school for racing. I know I couldn't.

Steve

95 GSR
01-26-2003, 12:35 PM
yup no school for racing(speed contest) , but he didnt get a racing ticket...

SpeedRacer
01-26-2003, 01:08 PM
try not to tell your parents and get the ticket in the mail before they do.

95 GSR
01-26-2003, 01:19 PM
he still has to take a parent to court...

natesi
01-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Yea, but what about rhinofucked? Isn't that a cool word?

Wish I could take credit for that one....

TrippZ
01-26-2003, 03:34 PM
I think it's a cool word.... :cool:

*blows hot air on nails*
*rubs them softly on shirt*
*smiles*

k20hatch
01-26-2003, 06:16 PM
Dude i feel your pain...Im still on a restricted liscense becuase of street racing in my ep!! I only got 30 days restricted and 3 dip classes...i got off pretty easy!! But i hope everything turns out ok and you get threw it man!!

cease
01-26-2003, 08:07 PM
dude you got lucky. your car could have been towed, you could have spend 1 night or been in jail (in custody in a police station) until your parents pick you up. and i think its also a misdemenor? let me check on that.

on your court date ask the clerk & or judge that you want traffic school that should take care of it;)

cease:cool:

si02racerboi
01-27-2003, 12:38 AM
well iam a minor so i dont goto court, i just have a meeting with one of my parents and the judge, and they just go over my backround and stuff.. thats what my friend said but i dont know, anyways iama just say iama student and i barely get enough hours to help pay the insurance, hmm i dunt know what else and if anything about racing comes up iam just going to say if i was racing why would the cop radard me for only going 50 mph...and i heard having good grades help u slide if ur a student haha

cease
01-27-2003, 12:52 AM
listen up bro, the judge doesnt care if your a straight A student, and if you can barely pay the insurance on the car. his job is to enforce LAW's regarless of offence. Oh yeah and if you cant pay theirs allways community service:D good times!!

dont try to make the judge feel sorry 4 U cause hell let U have it! remember U're the one that phucked up:) or should I say got cought. good luck cease

SiR Medic
01-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Yea, but what about rhinofucked? Isn't that a cool word?

Sounds painful.:rolleyes:

And I think the end result will be something similar to Trippz' CURRENT avatar... (damn thing changes every week)

TrippZ
01-27-2003, 05:36 PM
what, you guys dont like bleeding anus'?