PDA

View Full Version : Half Way there

PoRT
01-25-2003, 02:03 AM
well.. the A3 is out and we will pu the A2 in tomorrow. i wont be able to give any feedback on it until monday b/c i have to wait till then to get the ECU flashed by Acura. if modern-perf sees this.. did you have to take your whole dash off to modify the shifter? did you take the cables of and take the whole mechanism out? how exactly did you modify it? thanks man

modern-perf
01-25-2003, 02:32 PM
The easiest way is to pull the dash...that's how HASport did theirs. I said no way am I pulling that big old bastard. If you undo the cables and take the bolts out of the horseshoe looking thing the shifter will move around enough to get a Dremel in there to modify the plastic block that keeps the mechanism from going all the way to the right.

Good luck!

PoRT
01-26-2003, 02:00 AM
well .. the swap is complete :D .. didnt have any problems except i dont have reverse:( ill take the dash apart tomorrow and do it. i couldnt see enough to get a dremel in. i have to wait until monday to get the ECU programmed. so, ill let u guys know then

gpt
01-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Congratulations on the swap! :D .... aren't Hondata offering a flash for a swapped car, so you could get the Hondata flash and your engine to work correctly at the same time? I thouhght they were doing this but I could be wrong...

IceD out N CALI
01-26-2003, 11:25 AM
congrats on the successful swap! the a2 with flash? thats gonna be nice:o

PoRT
01-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Congratulations on the swap! .... aren't Hondata offering a flash for a swapped car, so you could get the Hondata flash and your engine to work correctly at the same time? I thouhght they were doing this but I could be wrong... the RSX-S ECU came with the Hondata flash, so i dont need to pay for it. all i have to do is get my key to work with that ECU. it will be done today, and i pick it up at about 7:30 PM Central.

i modified the shifter. we discovered that the side arm of the shifter can be removed for easy access to the shifter. wasnt too bad.

02SilverSiHB
01-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by PoRT
the RSX-S ECU came with the Hondata flash, so i dont need to pay for it. all i have to do is get my key to work with that ECU. it will be done today, and i pick it up at about 7:30 PM Central.

i modified the shifter. we discovered that the side arm of the shifter can be removed for easy access to the shifter. wasnt too bad.
I can't remember how much did you pay for the engine?
Congrats by the way!

2fastcivic
01-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Port: congrats on your swap man. i spoke w/ you from sportsnimports.com. are you gonna bring your car to the track anytime soon to see what it does in the 1/4?

golferjn
01-27-2003, 12:11 PM
congrats man

PoRT
01-27-2003, 12:37 PM
i paid $3K for it.

Richard, if ya see this. hate to rush ya man, but i need that VIN within the next 3 hours lol. or im stuck at work over night hehe

PoRT
01-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Port: congrats on your swap man. i spoke w/ you from sportsnimports.com. are you gonna bring your car to the track anytime soon to see what it does in the 1/4? yeah, i want to make it to no problem raceway this weekend. i was there for the import show down. u probably saw my car, i was parked directly across from the stands on the other side of the track. i didnt run b/c i was selling that motor and i didnt want anything to go wrong before i sold it. i took care of my old motor and had not ran it yet, no point in doing it before i sold it.

02SilverSiHB
01-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by PoRT
i paid $3K for it.

Richard, if ya see this. hate to rush ya man, but i need that VIN within the next 3 hours lol. or im stuck at work over night hehe
damn, that's an awsome deal....one more q...where did you get it?

PoRT
01-27-2003, 02:06 PM
K.. LOL i got the VIN from Chris. everything "should" be okay now. i can relax and i will let u guys know tonight.

PoRT
01-27-2003, 02:59 PM
damn, that's an awsome deal....one more q...where did you get it?i got it here.... http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7098

02blksi
01-27-2003, 05:43 PM
GREAT news man, let us know when you have finally taken her out for a rip.. --Joe :)

Skidtron89
01-29-2003, 07:59 PM
How did you remove teh side arm on teh shifter? I was teh one who did Moder-perf's shifter and it seemed stuck and I didn't want to pry on it since it's only ABS plastic. I just undid the cables and the 4 bolts lifted it to the top and cut it while it was still half in the dash it wan't hard after we got it free from all the shit in there. Did you remove that spring clip on teh end and then slide teh arm off???? It looked to not be able to on ours. I took the clip off but it didn't want to slide off. Or does it need "special massaging" to get it off of there???

PoRT
01-30-2003, 12:02 AM
after you take the clp off, you have to slide the bolt out from the left side of the mechanism. once you slide te whole bolt out, the arm and the spring come right off. it took us a while to figure i out, but it was pretty easy afte that. no special massaging, but a few choice curse words do the trick :p

Skidtron89
01-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Trust me there were plenty of curse words said while cutting it and it was taking forever

modern-perf
01-30-2003, 05:07 PM
How did you remove teh side arm on teh shifter? I was teh one

Did you remove that spring clip on teh end and then slide teh arm

Hey Steve, what the fuck does "teh" mean?

Skidtron89
01-30-2003, 05:23 PM
teh means the I always miss type it for some reason. And kiss my ass you spell checking punk bitch! hahahaha! check that for spelling and then go back to the tools drop box at the top of the screen where you belong!