PDA

View Full Version : UK 2002 Civic Type R owner

10 Pence Short
07-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Hi guys, I'm a CTR owner from the UK.

Feel sorry for you lot only getting the girly Si Civic. Anyone managed to import a Type R Civic?

Just to let you know- the Type R your site describes on the home page is the Europe spec Type R. The Jap spec Type R has more than 200Bhp, due to different mapping, exhaust and higher fuel RON rating of about 100 RON. Also has a higher rev limit (about 9000 I think), the UK limit is about 8400rpm. The JDM Type R also has a small Union Jack on the back and a nicer interior than the Europe spec one.

stingyboy
07-24-2002, 01:31 PM
well, from what i've read on your message forums, many of you brits are hesitant to mod your cars...so with a bit of work, i think many of us will end up faster in the end. but yeah, i do wish honda would've given us the type-r to begin with.

don't feel too bad for us though, we still have britney spears. :p

punkdork
07-24-2002, 01:39 PM
Okay... let me get this straight...

They put the Union Jack on the JDM cars?! WTF So do the Euro cars get a big red dot on a white triangle? :rolleyes:

CleanBlackSi02
07-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by stingyboy
well, from what i've read on your message forums, many of you brits are hesitant to mod your cars...so with a bit of work, i think many of us will end up faster in the end. but yeah, i do wish honda would've given us the type-r to begin with.

don't feel too bad for us though, we still have britney spears. :p

While I was in Europe last month I picked up a lot of car mags....a good portion of them only had exhaust and left the engine untouched. Yanks rule!

beretta627
07-24-2002, 02:27 PM
pick up a UK version of MAX Power magazine ... naked UK hoes and hatchbacks with way too much power for those narrow UK roads! I wonder if there is actually any space in the uK to get to actually open up and use those high gears :)

10 Pence Short
07-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Personally I'm going to keep my CTR like Honda intended, but we do have guys modding Hondas over here, just like you guys.

Try going here:

www.r-forum.net

You might learn something.

By the way, no, UK CTRs don't have a Japanese flag on the back because all EP CTRs are made in the UK, hence the Union Jack on the JDM models.

We are all amazed over here at the petty testosterone filled street races you guys do, too. I mean, what better way to prove what big men you are then by acting like big kids on public highways.

DJQuikFingaz
07-24-2002, 05:10 PM
But at least our teeth look good! http://www.tnfj.com/Images/Smilies/biglaughA.gifhttp://www.tnfj.com/Images/Smilies/biglaughA.gifbwhahahahttp://www.tnfj.com/Images/Smilies/biglaughA.gifhttp://www.tnfj.com/Images/Smilies/biglaughA.gif

punkdork
07-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 10 Pence Short

By the way, no, UK CTRs don't have a Japanese flag on the back because all EP CTRs are made in the UK, hence the Union Jack on the JDM models.

I was joking man. I think its stupid of them to put the UK flag on a japanese car... even if it was made/designed in Japan *edit* err... the UK.

Its not like Civic Type R brings to mind a rich European heritage.

10 Pence Short
07-24-2002, 05:26 PM
PunkDork,

Did you read my post?

The CTR is made in Swindon in the UK, not Japan. At all. The Union Jack on the JDM CTR is to comemorate the first Honda to be exported from the UK into Japan. The CTR was developed very much in Europe, with most of the work carried out at the Nurburgring (thats in Germany, Europe). Honestly speaking I don't know which bouncy castle the Civic Si was developed on top of.

European heritage? It's nice to see that Chrysler are now controlled by Mercedes.

punkdork
07-24-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 10 Pence Short
PunkDork,

Did you read my post?

The CTR is made in Swindon in the UK, not Japan. At all. The Union Jack on the JDM CTR is to comemorate the first Honda to be exported from the UK into Japan. The CTR was developed very much in Europe, with most of the work carried out at the Nurburgring (thats in Germany, Europe). Honestly speaking I don't know which bouncy castle the Civic Si was developed on top of.

European heritage? It's nice to see that Chrysler are now controlled by Mercedes.

Yeah I made a stupid type-o. I know they're made in the UK. :) Seems like all the major manufacturers are either moving operations to Europe or at very least going for "euro-styling." Kinda makes me happy though cause domestic cars eat shit.

stingyboy
07-24-2002, 05:38 PM
hey, can we turn down the anger here?? i hope everyone is just messing around... i think the more type-r owners here the better.

cheers.

punkdork
07-24-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by stingyboy
hey, can we turn down the anger here?? i hope everyone is just messing around... i think the more type-r owners here the better.

cheers.

No anger up in here yo... just me, I can't type so I make myself look stupid. :cool:

DJQuikFingaz
07-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Uhh, I was actually kinda serious. hehe

j/k:)

iR-VTEC2
07-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Someone that has to pay between 9-11 us dollars a gallon (yes i know that the measurement is different, but if it were gallon for gallon we'd be paying 10-15 dollars) on gasoline and an anywhere between 5 to 10 dollars a year on insurance, SHOULD be all pissy.

Man, it would suck to be a car nut in the UK.

*goes and pumps on on $1.54 a gallon 93 octane fuel*
*turbocharges his engine legally*
*goes and pays his 600 dollar a year full coverage car insurance*
*smiles at a girl*

hehe im a bastard

MoodySi
07-25-2002, 11:25 AM
My engine and tranny are made in Japan. As for the rest of the car, its jolly ole English.

FourJays
07-25-2002, 12:10 PM
10 Pence Short - Welcome aboard.

10 Pence Short
07-25-2002, 01:03 PM
Thank you. Sorry for the Arsy entrance yesterday, long day and all that.

Look on the bright side- we could all be driving the new Mini!!

iR-VTEC2
07-25-2002, 01:17 PM
or even worse.....a Ford Focus. BLeh.

Everytime i drive i see at least 20 focus'. Even just to the store!

Mechanic
07-25-2002, 04:36 PM
10 Pense Short: Delighted to have you here. It gives me a chance to thank your countrymen and women for building such a neat car. (Almost makes me want to apologize for all those nasty things I said about those who built the E-Types in the '60s. Any idea what it took to change a clutch in one of those beasts?! Negative Earth, indeed!)

But, all that's behind us. I've loved every trip I ever made to England, and the folks in Swindon did a super job putting my Si together. Long live the Queen.