PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S Handling compared to EP3

Dunrick
01-25-2003, 02:26 PM
I dont know if anybody has had the chance to test out the RSX-S suspension and overall handling (stock) compared to the ep3 (stock handling. If you have, or know, give me details if the RSX-S handles a lot better and what not. I'm interested because it has a lower stance and I'm wondering if that helps them out a lot....they have the same suspension dont they?

JSIR
01-25-2003, 09:35 PM
the overall suspension design is pretty similar, but the RSX-S gets stiffer springs, 19mm rear sway bar, and a few tie bars - front and rear. The wheels/tires are a bit better too. The skidpad numbers for the RSX-S are slightly higher than the EP, but not a whole lot. I'll tell you that if you get a set of lowering springs, swap in the RSX-S rear sway, a couple tie bars and some decent rubber the EP can be made to handle a lot better than the RSX-S.

Dunrick
01-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Cool thanks, the RSX-S was the car I wanted before this so I was just wondering if I am missing out bigtime - but it sounds like only in the engine area only really. I'm still suprised at how well ours handle for how tall they are - such sweet cars!

JSIR
01-25-2003, 09:43 PM
yeah when you think about it , there is no reason why our cars should handle as well as they do. I'm pretty well convinced it's due to the stock shocks, we were given extremely good shocks from the factory, made by Showa, same parts used on the CTR. We have a good solid chasis, and good shocks. The springs suck and the rear anti-roll bar isn't anything special, plus our stock tires are total crap. So far I've installed the RSX-S rear anti-roll bar, put on Eibach Pro-kit springs, DC sports rear lower tie bar and new Yokohama tires (stock size) and I can tell you this thing handles like its on rails. Pretty much feels like you can take any corner at any speed you like. I am just missing a front upper strut bar, which I intend on getting most likely from Neuspeed.

Dunrick
01-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Would you say that a front and rear strut bar make a pretty noticable difference? I've never had a good handling car till now, so handling is not something I'm knowledged in. I'm assuming that lowering it and new tires is probably the biggest change?
Thanks!

Dr. Design
01-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Hello,
Yes it will make a huge difference if you get the right one(meaning it HAS TO ATTACH TO THE FIREWALL). Our EP3 handles like a turbo'd go-kart! That is due to the chassis bracing that we have on the car. Lowering your car will lwer the center of gravity and will help. However with the chassis the way it is on the EP3, you really need to address the flexing and twisting chassis.
Give us a call or an email. We will make your car handle........ like ours!
Thank you,

Originally posted by Dunrick
Would you say that a front and rear strut bar make a pretty noticable difference? I've never had a good handling car till now, so handling is not something I'm knowledged in. I'm assuming that lowering it and new tires is probably the biggest change?
Thanks!

sean
02-20-2003, 06:45 PM
I test drove the Type-S after having purchased my EP a month prior. I came there with the "Type-S = superior mentality" and was let down on the handling. Driving it off the lot for the test drive felt sluggish. Odd as is this thing did not have potent power steering to my taste as opposed to the EP I've recently become adapted to.

I think this is due to the fact that we have EPS electric power steering unlike the RSX which has a power robbing engine pump.

I did haul butt in it; it did not disappoint at all. It was a little sluggish on winding high though.

I am not talking stuff on this car. It is awesome, wish I could have afforded it. Looks so nice, considerably faster, and the sound system and interior are a little nicer too.

But considering that I paid 14,900 for my EP, I really don't feel all that cheated after all.