PDA

View Full Version : What to get?!?

XspeedSi02
01-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Ok I have been watching this site for a while now. Watching to find out what exhaust and springs are the best to get. Every time i decide on what I want to get, someone will post something saying how their springs make noise or their exhaust has a "ricey" sound. I was set on the Neuspeed Race springs and Greddy Evo exhaust. Now everyone is complaining about their neuspeeds making noise and someone the other day said they heard the Greddy and it sounded "ricey" at top end. I listened to the sound clip that was posted of the HKS and it sounded awesome. Can someone that has seen and heard just about all the springs and exhaust out for our EPs tell me what I should get? Any help is greatly appreciated. :(

TrippZ
01-25-2003, 05:14 PM
i dunno, but can you PM me with details on your "custom catback"

SubliminalSi
01-25-2003, 05:59 PM
Ive had my sportlines for awhile with no noise or problems..and the HKS is very deep..If i had to do it again i would still get these

XspeedSi02
01-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks. I'm definately going to get the HKS exhaust. I dont know about the sportlines. Eibach makes some good stuff but i dont think its low enough for what im looking for. Neuspeed is the only drop that seems to be just right to get rid of the 4x4 look on the new Si. Is everyone having problems with the Neuspeeds????? I want them bad until I can get the money for the Tein system.

TrippZ
01-25-2003, 06:19 PM
oh yeah i forgot about subliminal

his si sounds VERY mean. really nice. you'd get bitches with the HKS. at least, i'd give you head... :/

IceD out N CALI
01-25-2003, 08:51 PM
get the neuspeed race. i dont know whats up with the noises some people talk about with them, but I dont have any noises with my neuspeed race. trust me, i got the sportlines and was not satisfied cuz it was not low enough for my taste(not that it wasnt a good spring):)

SubliminalSi
01-25-2003, 09:42 PM
I didnt want to slam mine more because i didnt want to risk rubbing the front end, or the exhaust..Even with the sportlines i rub the front end sometimes:o

MINIVANKILLER
01-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Get with the Progress.....Get the Progress springs 1.75 drop and the front and rear sway bar....and get them from me....I will be glad to give you a quote on this...send me something at avc.autovisualcreations.com ...

SilverEP
01-26-2003, 12:11 AM
MINIVANKILLER.....I noticed you are from Montgomery AL....I am from Dothan and go to school in Troy. Maybe we can get up sometime and hangout and try to have an Alabama meet or something!!

Suk02Si
01-26-2003, 05:17 AM
If I could do it all over again, I'd get the Progress. Much stiffer spring rates. My Neuspeeds don't make a sound, they used to but it was due to dry bushings.

As for exhaust.. titanium:D

Brettnyt
01-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Dayum, im absolutely dyin to hear the veilside titanium! I havent heard it, but from what people have said about the sound, im pretty sure its what I want... Anybody know about hp gains from it?

-Brett

IceD out N CALI
01-26-2003, 11:20 AM
"Dayum, im absolutely dyin to hear the veilside titanium!"

yeah i'd like to hear that too:)

1 fstr si
02-05-2003, 03:08 PM
hey minivankiller. can youi tell me if the progress springs are noisy or anything, cuz im workin an gettin a set. thanks for any info.