PDA

View Full Version : Add on alarm system to Keyless entry?

Ocelaris
01-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey, I want to add an alarm to my 02 Si keyless entry... I was reading at the12volt.com that it should just mean splicing or tapping into a couple wires.

from here: http://www.the12volt.com/carsecurity/page1.asp
" Keyless Entry Upgrade to an Alarm
Upgrading a factory Remote Keyless Entry to an alarm system
Upgrading the factory RKE (remote keyless entry) to an alarm system usually consist of 3 more connections, 4 if you plan to inhibit the trunk/hatch pin when opened by remote, than a basic alarm without keyless entry. Some vehicles may require additional connections and parts. If the driver's door unlocks on the first press of unlock on the transmitter, and the others unlock on the second press; "

I saw a clifford alarm system, or viper? but I'm sure where to start. any help would be appreciated. Can I follow 2001+ civic guides as to what the wire color codes are? And what part does the stock radio play in the system? Like the light dimming and lights flashing, I'd hate to lose that feature with my new alarm or removing the stock head unit.

edit: I found a DEI Hornet 700T which says it can plug into your existing keyless entry system... true? false?

here's a link to some brochure, I couldn't find the directed electronics website with any further specifications, but this link has a pdf file of the manual for download. which I'm going to read now. Do you think something like this would work and keep all the regular honda dimming lights stuff etc? Thanks, Bill

http://www.autopreservers.com/security/alarms/DEI%20700t.htm

chet
01-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Isn't there a factory Honda upgrade you can buy, like 130 bucks.

Maybe not what your looking for.

Ithink you may look here www.hparts.com

Si02
02-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Here's a better site for OEM parts http://www.handaaccessories.com/civicsi.html

TravisEP3
02-09-2003, 07:31 PM
If you purchased the Honda security system here is a pdf of the install..

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/02si/security.pdf

smapzy
02-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Do you guys think it's possible to install alram yourself? I want to install an Alpine alarm myself but dont' know I can finish the job or not.....

bmx269
02-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Yes it is possible o install the alarm yourself. EuroYellow and I installed a CompuStar alarm in his EP with all but a few problems that were easily overcome. All it takes is time. I can help you with some info if you need it. Also the factor harness for the alarm has alot of the sensors you will need to make things easy.

02sicivic
02-11-2003, 07:32 PM
smapzy alpine alarms can be difficult only because 1. they come with no directions. ask the dealer where you buy it from to give you a copy of a wire diagram for that alarm. 2. they are one of the biggest pains to program! again ask your dealer for full directions. As far as doing an upgrade alarm you will need to find about 6 wires. You will need a constant 12 volt source which you can find in the ignition harness and it is a thick white wire. Next you need an ignition wire which is constant while cranking this wire is also in the ingnition harness and is a thick black/yellow wire. Next you will need your parking light wire. This can be found in a crap load of spots. Check by the fuse box or pull out the switches where the blank knockouts are. This wire is a thin red/black. Next you will need your door drigger wire. This can be found if you look under the dash up to your left you will see a plug that is not used just hanging wrapped up in blue tape I believe the plug is green. there you will find your door trigger and almost forgot your trunk trigger. Your door trigger wire is going to be 2 wires. They are at the end of the plug and since the si is a 2 door they will be 2 thin green wires right next to each other cut them off the plug and splice and twist them together. your trunk trigger is going to be a thin red wire. Last but not least you will need your door lock wires. You will need the door actuator wires which are located above the drivers kick panel in a grey plug. they are yellow/black and yellow/? they will be right next to each other. These wires will throw 12v when you lock and unlock the doors. Since your doing an upgrade alarm you may find a thin white/blue and white/green these are your power door unlock wires which throw negatives when you hit lock and unlock these wires you will not use since your doing an upgrade alarm. well thats about it before you start connecting anything always double check with a TEST LIGHT that those are the wires. Also DO NOT do starter kill on your si or any honda the starter wire works on resistance and from passing threw a relay will make either your security light come on or worse your car won't start. If you have any questions post or email me. When I go to work tomorrow I will run a sheet on the 02 si just to make sure. Also a good cost effective upgrade is a checkmate kd-150

smapzy
02-12-2003, 01:37 PM
02sicivic, thanx for all the info! Now all I have to do is just go buy the alarm...the last time I check it was selling for $150... anyway, if I run into problem, you will be the first one to know! hahah Thanx again!:D