PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Type R?

n8s si
01-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Anybody know the cost of the Euro-Type R? I asked the dealer if there was any rumer if it was coming here b/c Acura has stated that sales of the rsx are so good that a 200hp si wouldnt hurt their market. He didnt know, but said all cars that carry the "R" badge get a markup of over 1,000. (are the side skirts available for our cars??)

glw
01-26-2003, 11:39 AM
$25462 USD from Evolution Imports (http://www.evolutionimports.com/).

Try using search, this was covered in an earlier thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6380&highlight=import+type+r).

n8s si
01-26-2003, 01:05 PM
sorry about that guys, although after the research, theres no way that car can make it here with the price tag it carries.

hopeful_si
01-26-2003, 02:29 PM
I've heard from very very reliable sources that Honda WILL for sure bring a 200 hp civic to our shores. I've heard that Honda is sensitive about the price because they got caught pricing the Si a little high. So hopefully that means that it will be more affordable but right now I can't say. No matter what price however, I can't wait...

Pradamuimui
01-26-2003, 04:15 PM
I remember me stating awhile ago that Honda WOULD be bringing over an SiR with 220hp, and Brembo brakes. This I heard from a RELIABLE SOURCE. From what I know it will be released in December along with the RSX R.

hopeful_si
01-26-2003, 04:33 PM
I have heard "atleast" 200 horsepower. Whether that means 5 more horsepower than the japanese type-R i don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it. Where did you hear that we would get 220 and brembo's?

Silver7
01-26-2003, 04:49 PM
RELIABLE SOURCE ...

I've heard from a reliable source that it'll snow today and it didnt .:confused:

hopeful_si
01-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Is the president of north american honda a reliable source?? Just wondering, because he said we will see atleast a 200 hp civic in the future.

Silver7
01-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by hopeful_si
Is the president of north american honda a reliable source?? Just wondering, because he said we will see atleast a 200 hp civic in the future.

where did you hear that? and why didnt u say that in first place instead of saying "reliable source"?:rolleyes:

hopeful_si
01-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Well, my dad had dinner with him here in Detroit at some regional dealer meeting and he sat at the president, Mr.Amamyia's (sorry on spelling), table. Anyways, he was talking about how they are bringing a civic with atleast 200 hp here. That's all he heard though, so i can't comment on whether it has brembo's or whether the CTR is coming. All he said was atleast 200 horse.

Silver7
01-26-2003, 07:13 PM
... i see...

:rolleyes:

Pradamuimui
01-26-2003, 07:27 PM
From my source we should start hearing about the SiR around June or so....and that it will be here on our shores in September. I have already worked out a deal to get one for $100 over invoice since Ive had so many problems with my Si. I was told that it has 220hp with a Brembo brake kit, and that it will be badged SiR. Same body, same chasi, everything...just like our Ep's. The only difference will be the motor and the brakes I believe. I dunno about colors, but thats what I heard from a highly reliable source.

SiCO
01-26-2003, 08:48 PM
I love all these "highly reliable sources," their so useful in getting the truth into the things that we talk about.

Besides, RSX-S engine has been had for $2800.

Even at MSRP, that puts a hybrid Si at $21800, and I know that many of us have gotten out EP's much lower than MSRP. I'd be willing to bet many people could make their own hybrid for under $20,000.

So, they better be looking at one heck of a low price for this "SiR".

Besides, if they really do it, the resale on our cars is going to get even worse than it already is. Insurance will be insane (especially on a college budget) and what fun would there be in playing around with an engine that's tuned to the edge of it's life? Makes me think of the S200 and Prelude, great cars, but there's just so little left to do with them besides forced induction.

Personally, I'm sticking with my Si, it's a sure deal that is already blossoming with opportunity.

n8s si
01-26-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm with you on the whole "re-sale" thing. (which is why I strayed away from domestics) I have checked Edmunds & they have 02's down to 14800 with no miles. NOT GOOD. One thing thats good is we'll all finally be able to purchase a factory ground effects package without paying out the arse!

HokieSi
01-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Damn, i'm breaking even on the resale :P i only paid 15k out the door for mine. I have also heard the US version of the CTR is coming over. It will not be called a type R. The whole "type" name is an acura trademark in the US. I've been told it will be called the SiR and it will have 200hp nothing more than that is known. Acura will get the RSX Type R and it will be the whole shabang.

According to Evolution Imports the CTR gets
23 MPG City and 40 MPG HWY

That is insane!!!! I hope they keep the same engine/tranny setup. Then I'd have to get one!!! Too bad I haven't started my job yet cause I could afford to import a CTR then. I've accepted a sweet offer from Lockheed Martin :p Over 50k/year I'll leave it at that.

ssvr6
01-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui
From my source we should start hearing about the SiR around June or so....and that it will be here on our shores in September. I have already worked out a deal to get one for $100 over invoice since Ive had so many problems with my Si. I was told that it has 220hp with a Brembo brake kit, and that it will be badged SiR. Same body, same chasi, everything...just like our Ep's. The only difference will be the motor and the brakes I believe. I dunno about colors, but thats what I heard from a highly reliable source.

Oh god...here we go again.

I'm still waiting for the new Civic SiR Type R that comes with a Dodge Hemi....

Steve

swampdonkey
01-27-2003, 11:35 AM
The Euro R has 197hp if I'm not seriously mistaken and that is the car we will be geting here. There was an articl ein C&D not long ago about the Si. As a side bar there was a little thing about the type-R and they said that Honda had pretty much said "unofficaly that we would get teh type R in 2004.

kpxplaya415
01-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6

Oh god...here we go again.

I'm still waiting for the new Civic SiR Type R that comes with a Dodge Hemi....

Steve

You too Steve? But I recieved info from a reliable source saying it was a V12 twin turbo engine from the Maybach... Oh well... :(

ssvr6
01-28-2003, 05:27 AM
Who's your source? My source is the Honda Chairman's Gardener's Brother's roomate. That might as well be straight from the man himself.

:rolleyes: :angel:

Steve