PDA

View Full Version : SRS lights

02CivicSI-VTEC
01-26-2003, 09:14 PM
did any one took out their seat yet.... i had this problem like almost 4 months from now..I'm still trying to get it fix I'd bought my car into the dealership already and BS that i didn't touch anything. They still found out that some how the seat was remove. so yeah as you can see i'm still here with that gay ass SRS light =(.. for who ever took out their seats and selling them did you have the SRS light came on? and did you get rid of it??

IceD out N CALI
01-27-2003, 05:03 PM
my mom had this problem in her 2000 accord on a stereo install. The reason why hers was on, was that on the seat there were SRS sensors and the stereo dude forgot to reconnect them. the dealer saw that they were not connected and reconnected it to the seat and then reset the srs light and that was it. if i was you, i'd take the seat out or look around and see if anything is dissconnected that should be. BUT the best thing would be to go to the dealer. whatever you do DO NOT cut any SRS wires. if you do, you will have to have the whole wiring harness replaced (according the dealer) and that would cost a fortune;)

02CivicSI-VTEC
01-28-2003, 12:09 AM
well i tried that already, they found out that the seat was remove and now it's not under warrenty.... so yeah =( all bad

Silver Bullet
01-28-2003, 10:05 AM
That is bullshit. I have been an Automotive Tech for 15 years. They can't void your warranty because the seat has been taken out. Let's start at the beginning. Why was the seat out?

blackthreat
01-28-2003, 02:28 PM
when i took out my seat to get to my ecu to install my rev speed i reconnected the battery with the seat out and my srs light came on i am going to try to reset the ecu agian tonight and see what happens/ my seats dont even have air bags

Silver Bullet
01-28-2003, 02:32 PM
You need to pay the dealer to reset, so you won't have anymore problems. This won't be under warranty cuz you caused it. It should cost you an hour of shop time what ever that is in NY.

AthlonDave
01-28-2003, 11:00 PM
I did a quick search with google and found the following page:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=264288
It has instructions on how to reset the SRS light. On a couple of other pages it was noted that instead of the SCS tool you can just use a paper clip bent in a "U" shape. I have also found a few pages that have the exact same instructions and it is indicated that this works on the 2001 Civic, so it "should" work on the 02 Civic Si/SiR. My light is not on so I cannot verify if it works or not on our cars.

IceD out N CALI
01-29-2003, 05:34 PM
what does the dealer tell you is wrong? they tell u its your fault but what do they say it will cost to fix it?

josh2323
01-29-2003, 06:16 PM
my srs light went on and the dealership told me that my obd1 sensor was bad in the seat so they replaced it under the factory warranty.