PDA

View Full Version : JRSC news

si-racer02
01-26-2003, 10:28 PM
In the new super street it sez are ep's only run up to 5psi with jrsc and the type s starting at 159hp only goes to 212hp which means its only a 1/3 gain for are ep's if that. Last time I checked thats not no 40% gain. :'( More like 33% gain which is sh!t.

David K.
01-26-2003, 10:34 PM
I thought it said the RSX-s only ran 5psi and got 212hp. I would think with our lower compression we could have 6-7psi with a possible upgrade to 9psi or more. Do we know prices yet?

Dunrick
01-26-2003, 11:01 PM
Noway - we should be able to run 6 daily 8 racing on the weekends just fine....just wait till the stuff comes out, do some searchs in this forum for the jrsc, there are some inside sources talking about how it is very impressive...

02SilverSiHB
01-27-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Noway - we should be able to run 6 daily 8 racing on the weekends just fine....just wait till the stuff comes out, do some searchs in this forum for the jrsc, there are some inside sources talking about how it is very impressive...
I'd hate to change out that pulley just for race days :( that's pain!

ssvr6
01-27-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by si-racer02
In the new super street it sez are ep's only run up to 5psi with jrsc and the type s starting at 159hp only goes to 212hp which means its only a 1/3 gain for are ep's if that. Last time I checked thats not no 40% gain. :'( More like 33% gain which is sh!t.

I don't know why this bother's me..but it does.

It's our not are.

And I agree about the EP being able to run more boost.

Steve

IceD out N CALI
01-28-2003, 09:45 PM
guess we'll jus have to wait and see what the final word is on them.if what super street said holds true, then they are weak gains

I-Vtec..DO-U (New name: SIxtacy)
02-17-2003, 11:34 PM
I called JR 2 months ago and they said the EP will get 190HP to the wheels. I also remember seeing a picture someone took at SEMA of the JR SI and its info sheet said HP was 190. So the average SI runs about 135hp to the wheels, add 40% which is 54hp - you get 189 Wheel Horsy power. Oh, and given the average of 15% drivetrain loss, this eqautes to 217hp to the crank.
Just my .02 cents. Latetz

- Jeffrey - :'(

SlickShoes
02-18-2003, 02:52 AM
Sounds like you guys are getting a similar setup to what we are seeing. The JRSC for the SVT Focus is also only running at 5 lbs of boost with the intial kit (207-209 whp), but JRSC has a "big boost kit" in the works which is reported to up the boost to 7 lbs and includes a new fuel rail. A lot of people are :rolleyes: with only 5 lbs of boost.

The good news is that the kit is actually pretty damn cheap. Jegs and SummitRacing both have our kit listed for just over $2700. :eek: So no doubt, your kit should be similarily priced.

Is it using the M62 blower?

The JRSC is no doubt going to be a great bolt-on kit for people that want a decent boost in power but don't want to worry about serious tuning requirements and need reliability.

02SilverSiHB
02-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by SlickShoes
Sounds like you guys are getting a similar setup to what we are seeing. The JRSC for the SVT Focus is also only running at 5 lbs of boost with the intial kit (207-209 whp), but JRSC has a "big boost kit" in the works which is reported to up the boost to 7 lbs and includes a new fuel rail. A lot of people are :rolleyes: with only 5 lbs of boost.

The good news is that the kit is actually pretty damn cheap. Jegs and SummitRacing both have our kit listed for just over $2700. :eek: So no doubt, your kit should be similarily priced.

Is it using the M62 blower?

The JRSC is no doubt going to be a great bolt-on kit for people that want a decent boost in power but don't want to worry about serious tuning requirements and need reliability.
I remember some ford mag talking about the focus with the JRSC. They hated the gains, as they were minimal and blamed it on the week JRSC....can't remember the series. They took the bigger blower...it seems like it was the M62???? not sure and it gave way better gains. They also had upped the boost to 7lbs.
5lbs is pretty weak though, I don't know why they do that.

SlickShoes
02-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Yeah, the JRSC for the regular Zetec bumped it up from about 110 whp to about 150 whp. :rolleyes: Its very easy to get similar, and then some, gains just staying NA. So yes, the JRSC is kind of considered a joke to some.

As for the SVTF JRSC, a lot of people (including myself) are not interested in it because there's just no way to add an intercooler. We've looked at going with a water injection type system to cool the charge, but the Focus heads just aren't going to allow for equal distribution of the mist. Therefore we'd get unequal cooling across the cylinders and then bad things happen.

Fortunately, I think JR's Honda products are much better and/or more popular. So you guys may get some better options than we are seeing. Still, without an way to cool the charge, roots type blowers just get too damn hot when you start pushing much boost.

Tekdemon
02-21-2003, 10:13 AM
the latest numbers I could find show it giving our Civic 180HP...I think this is whp.

So it would put us up there with the RSX-S...but not much more than that.

S2KplusSI
02-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I've heard that we'll get 180whp, roughly 215 crank, but that's not as much as I would've liked.