PDA

View Full Version : Question for AEM CAI owners

FascistDictator
01-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey guys, I just recently installed my CAI and wanted to know. What RPM should I shift at or when on the powerband will I see the best gains for each gear (if you can get specific).

Call me crazy but I was thinking about switching to an AEM SRI :p (I am scared to death of hydrolock!!!) cause I owe over 17,000 in payments still. Would I really lose all that much power making this switch? The positive is being able to switch the filter a hell of a lot easier.

BTW, I'm running low on oil. My dipstick read slightly above the first dot. I am at 3300 miles. When should I do my first oil change but as not to compromise my break-in phase?

Does reving high (only to 6,000 max) compromise the engine's longevity over the course of owning it?

BTW I did all the work on my car so I can handle technical answers. Anyway I had one more. On the cat-back exhaust install, why is it that there is a gasket on the cat. converter to midpipe connection but not also one on the midpipe to the muffler? I understand the need to not leak at the cat converter side but why not the muffler too??

Thank you for answering these newb questions.

FascistDictator
01-27-2003, 11:36 PM
I believe the butterfly valve to be 62.5mm wide from reading through an earlier post (think it was called TB bore out pics). It is a royal pain in the @$$ to put the fuel rail cover back on. Sorry too much work. I will try for you later on though.

Please answer other questions. Also more people give input!:eek:

Suk02Si
01-27-2003, 11:56 PM
shift at 7K on the tach., you'll be fine

Dunrick
01-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Go put a quart of castrol gtx 5w-20 in your damn engine......until then, dont be driving crazy.......that should bring you up to level......oil is your engines BLooooD!@%#@%

FascistDictator
01-28-2003, 03:27 PM
My bad, I should have read into the TB post better. Anyways all you need to know is that the intake pipe is as wide or wider than the TB (basic physics will tell you that the engine can only vacuum in as much air as the TB is wide from any extension, so therefore, a 4" intake pipe will not have any greater affect on induction).

As for the oil guys. Mine is filthy as hell. I called two Honda dealerships service technicians and both said do not top off oil (as long as I am between the two marks leave it be).

This however scares me. One of you suggested the Castrol. Is it not bad to mix synthetic with natural oil?:confused:

FascistDictator
01-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Like I previously mentioned, I did not care much to read into your TB post. I thought it to be moronic but nonetheless interesting to read about what crazy type of thing someone might do to their new car. I shun you for having done such. What's your fuel economy now like?

FascistDictator
01-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Yes, I'd be angry too had I drilled my TB. Grab a stress ball please.

FascistDictator
01-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Intelligent person please respond here: Is the EPS on our car that little cylinder at the back near the steering column underneath our hood?

A newbie question: how do you change the title underneath our names?

02blksi
01-29-2003, 08:30 PM
how bout you combine all your posts into 1

Go to usercp to change your title
yes that is the EPS Electric power steering.

BTW please relax you may learn something by listening to others. --joe :rolleyes: