PDA

View Full Version : The Theraputic Nature of EP's

AlBlueCar
01-27-2003, 03:22 PM
School sucks first off. I usually leave PO'd but then i See the little blue car that could. I toss my 20 lb bag in the hatch, start the car and get out of the damn lot before i get clipped. (first day I parked there, I almost got hit) Ive been hit twice in the lot (i wasn't drivin tho) so this just makes me tense. But then i make the right turn on to the road, put my back end out and I let the torque steer take over. Couple fun races betwixt me and my friends Integra and im feelin better. I won the races:D . Then I take the long way home and try to take all the sidestreets possible to make those 5 miles home last. when i get home, the EP has made me forget all my problems and i stay happy for hours, until i goto bed for school, but then i get to handbrake back into my parking place and start theday on a good note of revving engine and skidding tires. I think everybody here knows how comforting the EP can be. Just thought i'd share.

CleanBlackSi02
01-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Did anyone ever tell you that you have a beautiful way with words?

SubliminalSi
01-27-2003, 03:42 PM
I know exactly what you mean. When ever theres a problem i go for a nice drive in the ep..eventully i forget the problems..i wuv my car:'(

IceD out N CALI
01-27-2003, 04:32 PM
well said:)

02TafWhtSi
01-27-2003, 04:37 PM
I totally agree - everything's better in an EP!:)

AlBlueCar
01-27-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm faced w/ a tough decsision now... I love my Ep as is, but I want a little bit more oomph and little more good looks (Ep plain like canvas, yet still pretty:D ) I could work to pay for parts but i dont want it to keep changing or become ricey (I WILL NEVER BUY INDIGLO GAUGES OR THAT CRAP.) no offense to any rice burners or anything. My friend's got the same dilemma w/ his DC5 so weve been tryin to figure out, but i need more input from owners, so fire away and remember, there is no stupid suggestion, only stupid people:D

Suk02Si
01-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Therapy :)

AkronSi
01-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Looking at that pic, Suk02Si, and then looking outside just makes me want to cry. :'(

At least it has warmed up here to the 20's from -6 yesterday.

atl-si
01-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Yes... the EP is very relaxing to me making me smile everytime I drive it.:D

2002Si
01-28-2003, 01:59 PM
You couldn't have said it better

Dude, just the drive home for me is the same way. I can just go straihgt home and punch it at a couple of lights and let everyone watch me LEAVE!!! And when I get home I feel so much better, then I gotaa go to the gym?:(

AlBlueCar
01-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Im starting to like the snow now. Alot. Feather the clutch, pump the gas and i get a nice and squirelley back end. snow makes parking easier too... just yank the handbrake, use the scandanavian flick and you're in. I have to say the EP swings its back out much easier than my friend's DC5. (We got more junk in the trunk, or in our case hatch):D The tossable nature of our car just makes me feel at ease. Driving in this white stuff w/ little traction makes me realize how to control the little blue car. I can't help grabbeing the hand brake when no one's around though... methinks its not that bad of a habit... anybody else feel the urge for stupid human tricks in their EP?

kpxplaya415
01-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar
Im starting to like the snow now. Alot. Feather the clutch, pump the gas and i get a nice and squirelley back end. snow makes parking easier too... just yank the handbrake, use the scandanavian flick and you're in. I have to say the EP swings its back out much easier than my friend's DC5. (We got more junk in the trunk, or in our case hatch):D The tossable nature of our car just makes me feel at ease. Driving in this white stuff w/ little traction makes me realize how to control the little blue car. I can't help grabbeing the hand brake when no one's around though... methinks its not that bad of a habit... anybody else feel the urge for stupid human tricks in their EP?

Dont kill it now... :D ;) Hehe J/P

AlBlueCar
01-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Don worry, i only use handbrake when theres noone or nothing around, mainly in big empty parking lots. I tend to drive like a granny some times tho... i'm still overly protective:) for the sake of me and my EP

k20ASi
01-29-2003, 12:53 PM
driving this car in the snow is way funner then i had expetid it to be im now hooked and cant wait for more snow.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p9a5a94fd6aa93b374f59704fd7b390e7/fcbc43a6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p897cb6848f91b453d97eaaefd0da14ac/fcbd1315.jpg

AlBlueCar
01-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Methinks I speak for everyone when i say WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !:p Ineed to find me one o dem snowy fields:D .

On a side note, MY CAR IS OFFICIALLY BROKEN IN!!! THERE GOES THE 600 Mile Mark!!! Time to redline:D

Prime Si
01-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I wholeheartedly agree! when things are crummy at work and i want to just quit, i look out the window at my sleek little silver ride and say to myself, 'this is why you're doing this'. that always calms me down enough to get by, and driving it home after work always puts me in a good mood. pressing it to redline before each shift, listening to the growl of the engine-just because you can-how can this not put a dopey grin on your face?

and as for the snow, well, i've found i don't need an armrest in the winter, i keep one hand on the handbrake-it's just too fun.:D

chet
01-29-2003, 10:22 PM
I couldn't wait for the weather to quit bein freezin fuckin cold so I could just get a layer of salt and sand off of it. Man I hate that shit. Don't even want to drive the car until the salt and sand is gone but I am getting withdrawls. THe EPDT's. My wintertime auto is a Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 nearing 150,000 miles (all mine).

AlBlueCar
01-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Yea, I've purposely mistaken the handbrake for an armrest several times:D