PDA

View Full Version : installed the Sprint springs

dustinhurley
07-24-2002, 06:25 PM
I got my Sprint springs installed today and I have to say I'm quite impressed. I was skeptical about buying Sprint in the begining, especially since most people here are going with H&R. But, Sprint has proven itself. The drop is perfect. I wouldn't want to go any lower for a daily driver. The ride is perfect as well. I barely noticed a difference in ride quality versus stock. Camber will not be an issue either. I am very satisfied with this product. I have had experience with Eibach and Ground Control and these are deffinately better than those. Just thought I'd share my experience for future reference to anyone.

stingyboy
07-24-2002, 06:57 PM
cool, how much of a drop is it?

post a pic!!

dustinhurley
07-24-2002, 09:46 PM
It's a 2" drop at all corners. Also, they do not sit lower in the back. I'll post a pic soon, hopefully tomorrow.

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
I'll post a pic soon, hopefully tomorrow.
now mother fucker! Now! :D j/k...but seriously...now! :D

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 09:27 PM
I saw an EP on sprints. The wheels fill the fenders perfectly.

02SilverSiHB
07-26-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I saw an EP on sprints. The wheels fill the fenders perfectly.
with stock rims? I'm not getting new rims for a while. I mean, damn. I just got the car, why get new rims and tires :D
Actually, I just want to save the money for a mugen kit

SmoothOperator
07-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Yeah the car I saw had stock wheels on it.....the drop looked really nice.

IceD out N CALI
07-27-2002, 10:05 AM
if possible can u supply a pic of ur car with the sprint drop

02SilverSiHB
07-27-2002, 10:55 AM
It's a 2" drop at all corners. Also, they do not sit lower in the back. I'll post a pic soon, hopefully tomorrow.
dude, we're dieing here...please post pics! :D

dustinhurley
07-27-2002, 12:22 PM
My house is in the middle of major remodeling. I mean, it's bad. I have no idea where the digital camera was put. I'll get my girlfriend's camera tonight and take pics. Not much longer.

dustinhurley
07-27-2002, 03:38 PM
ok, I got a camera.

dustinhurley
07-27-2002, 03:40 PM
more

dustinhurley
07-27-2002, 03:41 PM
and more. Is it possible to put multiple images in one post?

iR-VTEC2
07-27-2002, 03:54 PM
yes it is possible. Just stack em up BTW, it looks good. Needs some 19's imo

stingyboy
07-27-2002, 04:17 PM
nice drop! that's just a *little* too low for me because i have a very steep driveway to get in the garage, but i love the looks of yours.

btw, 19 inch rims are too large for our cars. 17" max for street, imo. MAYBE 18" wheels for a show.

IceD out N CALI
07-27-2002, 04:31 PM
wow that looks like a half inch lower than mine, and I got sportlines, is it a noisy or rough ride?

dustinhurley
07-27-2002, 09:03 PM
ride is near stock. It stiffened up a little, but it's better than any other spring I've had experience with. By the way, I am getting 18" wheels. The fenders are so big on this car.

02SilverSiHB
07-27-2002, 09:20 PM
nice drop. I wouldn't go bigger than 17's. just my .02
They will probably lower even more after they settle in

SpeedRacer
07-28-2002, 10:31 PM
i have the H&R's but i think you have a better drop how many inches did it drop? and how much did the springs cost ya?

2k2civicSi
07-28-2002, 11:12 PM
love the drop but ive heard some bad stuff about sprint springs. hows the camber?

dustinhurley
07-29-2002, 08:46 AM
I paid $199. As I said in the first 2 posts, camber will not be an issue, and the drop is 2" at all corners.

02SilverSiHB
07-29-2002, 10:03 AM
I paid $199. As I said in the first 2 posts, camber will not be an issue, and the drop is 2" at all corners.
I found this site has it a little cheaper...134 http://www.impactparts.com/Suspension/
click on sprint suspension on the top left. Then scroll down
it ends u being: 167.75 after shipping charges

dustinhurley
07-30-2002, 12:45 PM
that's a really good deal. I've seen them go for like $230.

CivicSiR
08-04-2002, 02:28 PM
Did you get a camber kit? Any problems w/ camber?

dustinhurley
08-05-2002, 08:49 AM
As I've said twice now, camber is not an issue. Sure the wheels have some negative camber, but it's nothing that will cause a problem.

02SilverSiHB
08-05-2002, 09:43 AM
As I've said twice now, camber is not an issue. Sure the wheels have some negative camber, but it's nothing that will cause a problem.
until you start seeing that terrible inner tire wear :D An eye's few won't tell you how bad it is. I had pro kit's on my 97 EX and had tire wear on my inner tires like crazy.

HondaMan
08-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Nice drop! I'm still going with H&R Springs more than likely, but will look into these springs cause it is a sweet look.

My .02 says go with 17s, I've seen an EP with 18s and they are to much. My 17s ride great. :)

HondaMan
08-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I found this site has it a little cheaper...134 http://www.impactparts.com/Suspension/
click on sprint suspension on the top left. Then scroll down
it ends u being: 167.75 after shipping charges

Great info, but these will ship for $145.24 via UPS Ground & the link provided above. Hmmm, on par with the cheapest H&R prices I've found here (actually cheaper). Edit: Well, after further review the price goes up to $172.00...after the $135 for these springs and the $10 shipping charge...I'm not sure where the almost $20 is coming from. That seems fishy and I called them (impactparts) and got a freaking message system.

I think I'll still go with H&R Springs for $167 via http://www.inlinefour.com/hrsporsprin.html

02SilverSiHB
08-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

I think I'll still go with H&R Springs for $167 via http://www.inlinefour.com/hrsporsprin.html

Yeah, inline four has some great prices and the customer service is awsome. You can't go wrong with them

My98nsx
08-06-2002, 09:24 AM
I had the Sprints installed along with a front and back camber kit. I'm letting them settle for a bit then will have a four wheel allignment completed. The ride did not change signifficantly.

djs

esmith13
08-07-2002, 07:22 AM
I'm very intrested in the Sprint Springs for my EP.

I've never lowered one of my cars before. Is it something that I can do myself? Does anyone have instructions on how to do I so I can decide if it's within my capabilities? Is it easier or harder to do springs or coilover kit??

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm tryin' to do as much myself as I can. The more money I save on labor, the more I can spend on mods... After all some sweet 18's would go well with the lowered body...

02SilverSiHB
08-07-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by esmith13
I'm very intrested in the Sprint Springs for my EP.

I've never lowered one of my cars before. Is it something that I can do myself? Does anyone have instructions on how to do I so I can decide if it's within my capabilities? Is it easier or harder to do springs or coilover kit??

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm tryin' to do as much myself as I can. The more money I save on labor, the more I can spend on mods... After all some sweet 18's would go well with the lowered body...
this site is the best I can come up with: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0205ht_suspension/
It also shows switching out the shocks, which you have to take the springs off to do. But the best way is to just get a Haynes or Helm manual for directions. You'll need a spring compressor

HondaMan
08-07-2002, 08:50 AM
For additional info see my thread about installing springs:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1199

Not sure how you missed it. (?) :D

silver ep
08-08-2002, 10:17 AM
What does it cost just to have a shop install springs/coilovers?

HondaMan
08-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Check my post/link above...in short, at least $175 to installation and wheel alignment afterwards.

DownTheHatch
08-10-2002, 08:43 AM
I love dropped EPs! Good lookin!

I just put Neuspeeds on and I'm very satisfied with them.

HondaMan
08-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
I love dropped EPs! Good lookin!

I just put Neuspeeds on and I'm very satisfied with them.

Neuspeeds (just saw your pics...looks great!)? I thought you were getting H&R springs? O well, my H&R springs are on their way from http://www.inlinefour.com/ . I'll have them installed some time next week...I may have to wait till next weekend, since it will take me awhile to do. I'll post pics as soon as I get it dropped!

esmith13
08-10-2002, 06:15 PM
I have a good question...

What is better?.. Springs or Coilovers??

Keep in mind I'm refering to a car that is a daily driver.

I'm lookin' to lower it about 2" all the way 'round, and I hear good things about sprint springs and Ground Control's coilover kit... But I'm not really sure what the difference is and if my choice shoud be different for a daily driver or not...

Little help please??

CivicSiR
08-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Esmith13:

Well... my first question is: are you interested in ever showing your car? Because although a 2 inch drop is a decent sized drop, when showing the car if you had GCs you'd be able to really slam the car. If you go with springs, most drop around 1.5 inches, some do 2inches...I think the only ones that do 2 that I can think of are the sprint ones...the H&R, which are good, do about 1.5 I believe.

Second thing I'd like to point out is this: If you have coilovers, if for any reason whatsoever, you need to change the height of your ride, you can do so. IE, if you're in an area that's realllly bumpy, you can raise it, and vice versa. Also, what if you don't exactly like the look/height or feel/stiffness of the springs you get--with coilovers you could simply adjust the height and you're fine; can't adjust springs. And, the best part about going with GCs is that they can be had for about 300-350 bucks. Yes, springs would only cost around 100-250, but just think how much nicer it is if you can at any time change the height of your ride...

Anyhow, I'll be installing mine within about a week or so. If ya have any more questions, let me know.

IceD out N CALI
08-12-2002, 04:00 PM
now that you've had sprints on your ep for a week or so, did the car settle a little lower after the installation?

efcee
08-14-2002, 11:03 AM
dont you have to get an alignment after you adjust your coilovers? i know you have to when you get lower springs

and how much does a camber kit cost im not sure if im right but does it let you adjust the wheels so they are like | and not like / or \ ( looking at the wheel from the front of the car \ / = slanted if you see what im saying)