PDA

View Full Version : Door Speaker Angle adjustment? KickPods/DoorPods?

Ocelaris
01-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Anyone have any ideas on howto adjust the factory speaker angle? It seems to me quite low at the feet. I was thinking of door pods or kick pods or something of that nature, but that's alot of fiberglass work.

I may answered my own question, but I was thinking of making a template that was sort of angled to aim the woofer upwards me more... but I'm not sure it would fit behind the stock speaker grill... Are there any other tricks of slightly modifying the door locations?

How are the tweeter locations? They seem like they're quite far back from my head, so I think that's a good thing. My last car the dash was so close to me that I'm kinda still afraid of tweeter smack.

I got myself a pair of used 5.25" a/d/s/ 335is speakers off a guy in a newsgroup, rec.audio.car. excellent speakers so far, at least they seem in good shape. I plan on running that with an MTX 6304 ~75x4 bridged to 150x2@4ohm. I'd love to hear what other people are doing... especially if you have kickpods, or even wilder door pods... Bill

jaydub
01-28-2003, 06:29 PM
If you can find a set of speakers with good off-axis response, you'll be OK without kickpanels or pods. The thing is, finding a good set of speakers with good off-axis response is a matter of trial and error, because you never know how it'll sound until it's in your car.

You're right though, kicks or pods are a lot of fiberglass work, and our floorboards aren't that big to begin with, so you'd sacrifice foot-room. :D

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401955288&category=6774