PDA

View Full Version : Area 51 Turbo

chet
01-28-2003, 03:22 AM
The following are the finer points of an email I received from sales@area 51 . . .

Regarding Turbo for 2002 Honda Civic Si. . ."Stock dynos 145 to the wheels, ours did about 205 to the wheels."

Kit includes upgraded injectors, intercooler, fuel pump, Greddy Emanage and the Turbo of course.

Ours is unique in that it does not require a conversion to a return style fuel system. . .we have a different approach that does a much better and simpler job.

Pricing not final. . .Should be about TWO WEEKS."

Thought you guys might be interested.

02SilverSiHB
01-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by chet
The following are the finer points of an email I received from sales@area 51 . . .

Regarding Turbo for 2002 Honda Civic Si. . ."Stock dynos 145 to the wheels, ours did about 205 to the wheels."

Kit includes upgraded injectors, intercooler, fuel pump, Greddy Emanage and the Turbo of course.

Ours is unique in that it does not require a conversion to a return style fuel system. . .we have a different approach that does a much better and simpler job.

Pricing not final. . .Should be about TWO WEEKS."

Thought you guys might be interested.
interesting, I've never heard of are 51, then again, I'm not really familiar with turbos :)

chet
01-28-2003, 12:01 PM
I am not very familiar with turbos. never owned car with turbo. But I have tried to find out as much as I can about availability.
I personally feel like I would kill myself if I went with a Nitrous system. Its not very appealing to me, yet. But a turbo would give me about what I want.

If you want more info on this particular company,
try a51@area51fab.com

And I know I read a few things here about them. You might do a search. I would rather go with Vortec or Jackson Racing. I knew of them before I ever owned a Honda and they seem to have a good reputation.
IF Area 51 is that close, maybe we'll see something from the other manufacturers soon.

importhonda
01-28-2003, 04:31 PM
I know the people there fairly well. Charles is the gentleman that built the turbo like 4 months ago. The company itself is in Southern Orange County. They specialize in custom fabrication.

Their turbo systems are very well built, very streetable atleast. Not much of a drag turbo...

02SilverSiHB
01-28-2003, 05:12 PM
I am not very familiar with turbos. never owned car with turbo. But I have tried to find out as much as I can about availability.
I personally feel like I would kill myself if I went with a Nitrous system. Its not very appealing to me, yet. But a turbo would give me about what I want.

If you want more info on this particular company,
try a51@area51fab.com

And I know I read a few things here about them. You might do a search. I would rather go with Vortec or Jackson Racing. I knew of them before I ever owned a Honda and they seem to have a good reputation.
IF Area 51 is that close, maybe we'll see something from the other manufacturers soon.
they seem pretty good. I did some searching on clubsi in the got boost forum, I didn't see much, but what I saw was good things about the company, nothing bad

IceD out N CALI
01-28-2003, 09:41 PM
sounds good, can't wait for the final pricing, hopefully its not too expensive

chet
01-29-2003, 03:22 AM
www.area51fab.com

importhonda-- why do say its not a good drag turbo? I am curious because that's one of the directions I am headed with my EP. I don't know enough about them myself, Turbos that is .

Can you enlighten me. I don't want to spend 3-to4 thousand or more on a turbo and not be satisfied.

Skidtron89
01-29-2003, 07:48 PM
www.area51fab.com

importhonda-- why do say its not a good drag turbo? I am curious because that's one of the directions I am headed with my EP. I don't know enough about them myself, Turbos that is .

Can you enlighten me. I don't want to spend 3-to4 thousand or more on a turbo and not be satisfied.

You can never be disatisfied with a turbo let me tell you a quick story. This week a guy came by our shop and was saying he wanted a N2O setup on his ZC powered 90 Hatchback Si and I said no you want a turbo instead trust me. We talked about it I gave him the keys to my car and said here drive it and tell me you want N2O still. I turn teh boost controller off and tell him he can rev to 7200rpm and not to be a girl while driving my car. First thing out of his mouth while we pull away to get out of the parking lot is "I like it already and I haven't even used more tahn 1/4 throttle." We pull away he drves like a bitch and shifts at 4000rpm (I say you didn't even hit VTEC!) and hit the next 2 gears the same. And alkready he's like "I am hella going to buy a turbo!" We turn around and getting back on teh road I tell him now get on it so you can see it for real, don't worry it never breaks down or anything. He punches it and shifts at 6000rpm still more he could have went to 7200rpm and it pulls the whole way. We get back and he is wearing a shit eating grin and talking about getting the money together anbd how much teh installation costs and all this shit. Like I said you never waste you money when you buy boost plus you don't have to fill a bottle all teh time and only be fast sometimes.

chet
01-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Okay lets say you have the Area 51 setup here in front of you and a straight Greddy system next to it. Then a JR turbo beside it. Which one and why. When I do get one, I want high quality.