PDA

View Full Version : what to choose where to find

efcee
01-28-2003, 06:28 AM
i still have not gotten a new car yet,
i want an 02 si but i dont know if i can find one in my price range
about 10-13k range give or take
so i have been looking at GSR's and 99-00 si's or a hatch with a swap possibly but i feel somewhat uneasy about buying not knowing how hard the owner ran it.. and i looked at integra LS's / GS's... they look nice but they arnt as fast so i dont know if i would be happy with one or not...
i dont know what to choose for my price
cause ill be going to college next fall and i want my payments to be kind of low
id probably be putting like 5k down and then financing the rest
i think its time to find a new car though cause my current car (93 dodge shadow) is not doing the best... poor ol car heh

help pls kthks

silver ep
01-28-2003, 08:41 AM
If youll be putting 5K down and financing the rest you could probabally get you payments down pretty low on a new SI, I would say go with the SI, youll have the relaibility and no worries of a new car. :)

efcee
01-28-2003, 09:40 AM
there lies the problem
ist hard to find 02 si's around for a decent price
where ive looked anyway, at a place called burnsville honda in MN they have alot of 02's but dont really have them marked down or anything

if i could get one for a good deal i would.. and another dealership doesnt even have si's they had 2 for 2002 year and they sat there and then when i was ready to go try to buy one they were gone.
maybe ill stop over to the dealership in burnsville sometime and try to bargain with them maybe ill go with one for at little higher i calcated out the payments and if i could find one for 15k including tax etc
it'd be like 160-70 a month for 60 months
i work something like 20 hours a week and will probably work more during summer cause im still in highschool

here is where i was looking
http://www.burnsvillehonda.com/

they have more Si's that what is listed on the page
i was there and counted something like 15 02's that was a few weeks ago

blueiedgod
01-28-2003, 10:30 AM
it is nice that you have though about you payments on the car, but have you looked at the insurance? since you are in highschool, you probably don't have years of driving experience, nor you are over 25 and have kids. you probably don;t have credit history either (most insurance rates are also calculated by your credit rating). unless your parents are willing to include you on their policy and pay the triple premium, i would recommend you stay away from Si, GS-R or any honda product for that matter. Hondas carry one fo the highest insurance premiums out of non-luxury cars, due to their high theft incidence. I estimate full coverage on the 2002 Si, on 17 year old male in MN, with no tickets to be about $5000/year ($420/month)
if you have no problem paying that high insurance, or your parents will include you on their policy and pay the premiums, then i would suggest you go to www.hondacars.com and locate all the dealers in 100 mile radius. e-mail all of them, and request pricing on the 2002 left over Si's. you should receive a few qoutes. when you just go to the dealer, they see a kid and don;t want to deal with you. over the net you can set up an appointment for a test drive, and make sure you come with a parent, as dealers will not deal with you seriously.
Good luck.
Dave
p.s. sorry ot burst your bubble. but i was shocked when i got my first brand new car and saw my insurance bill, it was much higher than the carpayment.

IceD out N CALI
01-28-2003, 11:16 AM
i'd go for a used honda if i were you. spend maybe 5 k on an EG hatch, and rebuild or swap an engine in there or what not. try to buy a dx or something off an old lady or man that was the 1st and ONLY owner. that probably be a better bet imo

civic hatch boi
01-28-2003, 11:41 AM
make an anti-sleeper...

a .. "waker" so to call it haha

buy a ls teg.. fix itup to make it look like a typeR..
then when people try to race u, u'll suck ass...

then u can high beam them to let them know ur a Waker. they'll bo so shocked.

efcee
01-28-2003, 02:15 PM
yeah ill get a waker...

for insurance i checked it out a while ago
and the insurance guy told me that if i went from the car i have now to a brand new 02 si my insurance would probably be about 30 dollars more than it already is a month for full coverage

hmm
maybe i should look for something else then.. possibly
but ive been looking for a hatch for quite a long time
cause i want something thats nice and that i can afford....

ek9jdmhb
01-28-2003, 04:07 PM
get an ek hatch. I wish i still had mine. dont get me wrong, the ep is a great car, but if i could, i would get another ek. or jsut get a 97-98 240 sx.

efcee
01-29-2003, 06:43 AM
in conclusion i guess ill go looking for an ek probably and possibly an eg
i want to find something nice
thx for help

Dunrick
01-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Go buy a volvo, if you get the civic or gsr or any kind of honda it will just make you paranoid about being broken into at college.....and volvo's are symbolic for the MALE haha

efcee
01-29-2003, 09:24 AM
negative on the vovlo heh