PDA

View Full Version : Price for mugen replica cf front lip:

!@#$%
01-28-2003, 12:39 PM
I just got an email back from the company Seibon with a reply with price.

"I believe it is for the US Spec Si. However, we have not pre-fitted it yet. The price is $350 plus shipping."

Shawn Xu

AFS Motorsports, Inc.

shawn@afsmotorsports.com

www.afsmotorsports.com

317-381-0805

02-HD-CVC-MG001
2002-UP HONDA CIVIC HB CARBON FIBER FRONT LIP TYPE-MG

i hope this is a quality made product becuase i would choose that front lip over the d3 lip.

2k2civicSi
01-28-2003, 01:23 PM
i want it but i dont know about the quality or fit

02SilverSiHB
01-28-2003, 05:16 PM
I'd like to hear.... "We know for a fact it fits, because we test fitted it"
Sound like it's a good product though...carbon fiber :)
Is that paintable by the way?

chenchao
01-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Yeah, that would be a great choice if it were fitted for a US Si, and paintable. I guess someone should find out if it really would work. :rolleyes: No joke 02SilverSiHB " We know for a fact it fits because we test fit it." If your gonna sell it, back it up with some balls.

chet
01-29-2003, 03:39 AM
Okay guys, I live about an hour away from the shop. There's phone # somewhere in one of my mags or I'll just mail him. Maybe if the weather permits, we could get a test fit on my EP Thursday. If its snowing , I won't get her out of the garage.

But I would be willing to do this that way we all know. And if I like it I might just fucking Keep IT !:)

Okay I sent Shawn an email. We'll see.

I know I have seen it dozens of times but could someone post a pic for everyone to see.

Jpax
01-29-2003, 04:56 AM
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/products/mugen/civic_ep/ep3_aerokit.jpg

Excuse me i must wipe pants down.....:eek:

CivicHB
01-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey chet, don't forget they also list a CF type-R style lip as well. Maybe you could try that one on also and take pics just for reference. Just a thought.:D

chet
01-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Still waiting on reply from Shawn. Personally, Bodykits have to really impress me in terms of the original car. I like the type-r front lip better. Alot better than the Mugen replica. The type-r looks like its made for our car. Some bodykits are just too much for me.

But, I did purchase APC 3-D Retros so what the hell do I know. Don't burn me too bad. . .

chet
01-29-2003, 03:35 PM
I am heading to AFS tomorrow morning to get together with Shawn for a fit on the Mugen replica lip. CivicHB-- They do not have the Type-R replica in yet. But I am definitely more interested in that. But when I see the Mugen on my car I may change my mind. I am good at that. So, tomorrow afternoon I am going to email someone the pics to post because I can't seem to gradiate from picpost skool.

By the way, He said the reason he wasn't sure on the fit in the first place, Is because the asian model is diff than the US. I figured as much. BUT WHY DO THEY DO THAT??

CivicHB
01-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Carbon fiber Type-R or Mugen, it's a win-win situation. either way your car will look sweet. I'm diggin on the type-R style as well but you may change my mind after pics are posted of your ride.

JLannoo
01-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by chet

By the way, He said the reason he wasn't sure on the fit in the first place, Is because the asian model is diff than the US. I figured as much. BUT WHY DO THEY DO THAT??

I dont see how its going to fit then

chet
01-30-2003, 01:15 PM
The fitting didn't get completed. Here's why: 1)Would have had to remove front neon 2)Also groupuy grille-tech grill would have need removing. BUT Didn't at all seem to small. It was a tight freakin fit. He has fiberglass and cf in the Mugen -replica. I really believe it will fit fine. Just not entirely sure. I am thinking of trying to get JohnnyDanger to possibly make the same trip next week. Andy at AFS emailed me pics of just the cf lip.

I am really sorry it didn't work out for both sides. But don't be completely discouraged. It looked as though both would fit fine.

I didn't want to take all of my shit off. I am probably not going to buy one, ONLY because I really like the look of the car now. Maybe a complete Type-R bodykit one day.

If you guys want the pics of the cf lip by itself, PM me an email address. I haven't been able to post pics yet. Iwill have to mail them to you and then maybe you could post them if needed.

Once again sorry.

chet
01-30-2003, 05:05 PM
My internet mail service is not allowing me to send the pics.

For those of you who have PM'd me.

Not a good phucking day for me.

I'll figure it out soon

!@#$%
01-30-2003, 05:09 PM
oh well. thanks for going though, not everyone would have taken the time to help us out here on the site. :cool:

CivicHB
01-30-2003, 08:15 PM
I'm gonna try to post some pics of the CF type-R lip. If it doesn't work I'll try later...here goes

CivicHB
01-30-2003, 08:17 PM
more pics

CivicHB
01-30-2003, 08:19 PM
sorry for triple post:D

2k2civicSi
01-30-2003, 08:47 PM
any of the mugen????

CivicHB
01-30-2003, 09:37 PM
no

chet
01-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Its a bummer we couldn't get it done today. These pictures do not really give a good descripition of the piece. Thanks for posting them CivicHB. The guys at AFS were really cool by the way. Their place was full of bodykits, lips, hoods. That's what I will be buying from them hopefully is a cf hood with airdam. they have a couple styles available.

madbrain
03-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Any update on this??????

madbrain
03-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Any update on this??????

madbrain
03-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Bump... Any update on this?????