PDA

View Full Version : Type R Replica kit

ShowstoppersUSA
01-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Just a poll to see if anyone is interested. How many people would be interested in a fiberglass version of the Type R full kit at about $650.00. This includes the front, sides , rear, front lip and rear lip in FIBERGLASS not painted. It would be an exact replica of the JDM Type R kit. Anyone???

2k2civicSi
01-28-2003, 07:09 PM
im in ill put a down payment on one but will the front bumper and lip be 2pcs so you could put mugen lip on it

kpxplaya415
01-28-2003, 07:53 PM
what are the differences cost and build wise of CF, urethane, fiberglass, and all those other ones.... which one is the "best"?? (noob question :D)

02SilverSiHB
01-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
Just a poll to see if anyone is interested. How many people would be interested in a fiberglass version of the Type R full kit at about $650.00. This includes the front, sides , rear, front lip and rear lip in FIBERGLASS not painted. It would be an exact replica of the JDM Type R kit. Anyone???
I would be interested, but it sounds like the bumper and lip are going to be one unit? You list front and then front lip and rear and rear lip separately so it throws me off.

SubliminalSi
01-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Isnt fiberglass fragile? Its a really great price though! Id do it if i had a job:D :(

IceD out N CALI
01-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
im in ill put a down payment on one but will the front bumper and lip be 2pcs so you could put mugen lip on it

i would like to know this as well. so far i am kinda interested

glw
01-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Can you get it in urethane? How much?

Makross
01-28-2003, 10:52 PM
im also interested

Suk02Si
01-28-2003, 11:31 PM
when he says Type R replica kit, I think he means all the lips(front, rear, sides) that fit the Si. We keep our bumpers and use a replica lip kit

JDM Whore
01-28-2003, 11:37 PM
URATHANE PLEASE!

02SilverSiHB
01-29-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
when he says Type R replica kit, I think he means all the lips(front, rear, sides) that fit the Si. We keep our bumpers and use a replica lip kit
I hope so, he says This includes the front, sides , rear, front lip and rear lip mentioning front and rear twice :p

fsugatorbait
01-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Very interested!

What exactly comes in the kit? (front/rear lips, side skirts)
Any option of materials...we all seem to be asking the same questions, so any info would be great to hear.

IceD out N CALI
01-29-2003, 09:07 AM

sounds good to me:cool:

RiCeCoOkEr1280
01-29-2003, 09:23 AM
This includes the front, sides , rear, front lip and rear lip in FIBERGLASS not painted. It would be an exact replica of the JDM Type R kit.

My interpretation of this would be all 6 six pieces, just like the real kit. We'd have to take off our existing front and rear bumper covers and put these on, along with the lips. We most likely WOULDN'T have to make any modifications to our front bumper support since they'll make the necessary adjustments for the Si.

I'm in for sure. :) I was just waiting for someone out there to make a replica kit. $2000 is too much for a body kit.

ULTRAMANIA
01-29-2003, 10:27 AM
wait wait wait.. six pcs.? that means it would include the bumpers as well right? sooooo even the bumpers would be fiberglass then too? i was thinking along the lines that showstoppers was asking just for the lips and sideskirts.. and we would have to get different bumpers to fit the lips or somehow make the lips fit for our USDM si's... mmmmmmmm confused..:(

SeatownEP02
01-29-2003, 08:56 PM
ME WANT:p

Suk02Si
01-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by RiCeCoOkEr1280

My interpretation of this would be all 6 six pieces, just like the real kit. We'd have to take off our existing front and rear bumper covers and put these on, along with the lips. We most likely WOULDN'T have to make any modifications to our front bumper support since they'll make the necessary adjustments for the Si.

I'm in for sure. :) I was just waiting for someone out there to make a replica kit. $2000 is too much for a body kit.

if the bumpers were included and molded for the Si, then they would be exact replcas of what we have now. There's no way a JDM bumper will fit unless the bumper support itself was removed.

ShowstoppersUSA
01-30-2003, 01:06 AM
OK Good response. Heres the deal. I had a manufacturer ask me if it was worth it and how about to do it. The kit would be fiberglass, urethane costs way too much to make. The front bumper would have to be modified to fit with the reinforcement bar in the front while allowing the JDM front lip to fit. Thats pretty much the only problem he has run into. Otherwise it is still a six piece kit. I will give him the go to make it and I will try it out on my EP just to see problems we run into. Then we will make adjustments and sell from there. 6 pieces just like the original. This way if a mugen copy arises we can simply replace the type r lip with the mugen style lip. Sound GOOD?

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

glw
01-30-2003, 03:04 AM
Nope. Don't like fiberglass... will wait for urethane...

02SilverSiHB
01-30-2003, 06:49 AM
OK Good response. Heres the deal. I had a manufacturer ask me if it was worth it and how about to do it. The kit would be fiberglass, urethane costs way too much to make. The front bumper would have to be modified to fit with the reinforcement bar in the front while allowing the JDM front lip to fit. Thats pretty much the only problem he has run into. Otherwise it is still a six piece kit. I will give him the go to make it and I will try it out on my EP just to see problems we run into. Then we will make adjustments and sell from there. 6 pieces just like the original. This way if a mugen copy arises we can simply replace the type r lip with the mugen style lip. Sound GOOD?

Chuck
Showstoppers USA
screw that, I hate this modifying crap. After the cost of having everything modified, it's not worth it. I'll wait for a good urethane kit.

IceD out N CALI
01-30-2003, 08:33 AM
if the modifications are minor it might be doable. I guess we run into this brick wall everytime. we may have to deal with a little modification of the bumper just because the Si was made a little different than the type R (as far as bumpers go)

RiCeCoOkEr1280
01-30-2003, 09:31 AM
I'm still down to purchase one, even if modifications are required. I know a pretty good body shop that would hook up paint and installation. :D

dustinhurley
01-30-2003, 09:45 AM
No sensible daily driver is going to want that much fiberglass, that close to the ground. Although, there is the occasional unexperienced person who wants to save some bucks and will buy the kit, if you make it. Most of us are going to wait for urethane.

02SilverSiHB
01-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
No sensible daily driver is going to want that much fiberglass, that close to the ground. Although, there is the occasional unexperienced person who wants to save some bucks and will buy the kit, if you make it. Most of us are going to wait for urethane.
yeah, I've spoken to some friends about this, and they say stay away from fiberglass. They say it breaks easy, no matter how strong they say it is, the paint comes off easier...etc.

IceD out N CALI
01-30-2003, 12:35 PM
so whats the latest showstoppers?

Makross
01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
post some pics for us if you can

ShowstoppersUSA
01-31-2003, 12:51 AM
Type R lip made for the USDM front and Rear bumpers? then you get to keep the stock bumper and reinforcement bar, just add on the type r lips. Still in fiberglass though. Comments?

Chuck

Suk02Si
01-31-2003, 01:39 AM
that sounds a little better, but it might look odd with our crappy rat nosed bumpers sticking out so far.

SiBoy
01-31-2003, 03:08 AM
its alot better because a whole front bumper made of fiber glass is too much fiberglass IMO. Add on lips would be alot better.

IceD out N CALI
01-31-2003, 09:36 AM
not too bad, but in all honestly hard to tell till i see how it looks on an ep.

ShowstoppersUSA
01-31-2003, 10:43 AM
We will try on the add on lip. Let me see if i can get those to fit properly without looking weird. I'll get you guys pics asap. Thanks

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

SilverEP
02-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Man, I am in for the fiberglass lip if it doesnt look too funny. I have been waiting for this alternative. Let us know how it goes Chuck!!!

RiCeCoOkEr1280
02-03-2003, 09:15 AM
We will try on the add on lip. Let me see if i can get those to fit properly without looking weird. I'll get you guys pics asap. Thanks

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

Like I said when I picked up my emblems, let me know when they're ready. I'll buy a full kit for sure. :D

IceD out N CALI
02-03-2003, 03:51 PM

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

cool, cant wait to see them

simann
02-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Please post pics, I am highly interested! Does the proposed kit come with a wing or what?

ShowstoppersUSA
02-13-2003, 02:28 PM
UPDATE

Still working on it! Trying to get it to not look weird. The Wings West Wing is out though! Looks like the type R. Fits the US spec cars perfect. I got a special on the vendors section if anyone is interested. They also got the midwing!!! VERY VERY NICE FROM WINGS WEST AND ALSO VERY AFFORDABLE!

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

Type X
02-13-2003, 08:50 PM
UPDATE

Still working on it! Trying to get it to not look weird. The Wings West Wing is out though! Looks like the type R. Fits the US spec cars perfect. I got a special on the vendors section if anyone is interested. They also got the midwing!!! VERY VERY NICE FROM WINGS WEST AND ALSO VERY AFFORDABLE!

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

nice talking to u today chuck :)

please make sure my CTR bumpers and lips arrive MINT :)

u = the man
and now i have to eat cheese sandwiches ;)

RAcarboy
02-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Hey Chuck, I think Erebuni has a CTR lip kit out for the Civic Si. You could always buy it and tell your friend to copy it. Even though people in this forum don't like fiberglass, the truth is, I bet people will still buy it.

Suk02Si
02-17-2003, 02:15 AM
the Erebuni kit was molded after the oem pieces so it fits the type r not the si.

RAcarboy
02-17-2003, 02:22 AM
the Erebuni kit was molded after the oem pieces so it fits the type r not the si.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to mention that. The front lip should not fit right, but the sideskirts and rear bumper lip should be fine, from my limited understanding.

Suk02Si
02-17-2003, 02:25 AM
yeah the sides do fit fine, I was looking into getting them. Both the front and rear will not fit because our bumpers stick out too far. Erebuni is down the street from my house, I went for a test fit;)

RAcarboy
02-17-2003, 03:46 AM
yeah the sides do fit fine, I was looking into getting them. Both the front and rear will not fit because our bumpers stick out too far. Erebuni is down the street from my house, I went for a test fit;)

Your location says LA. I thought Erebuni was in NY.

Suk02Si
02-17-2003, 04:18 AM
oops, not the Erebuni factory, but If you check out their ads, they have their main location in NY and their distributor or secondary in Sun Valley which is a couple blocks away

ShowstoppersUSA
02-17-2003, 11:07 AM
I was going to do that but the front and rear lips dont fit. I had to learn the hard way. I sent em to a customer who ordered em and got em right back. But we are working on it so hopefully soon. The front is coming out way too wide. It looks pretty ugly. Hopefully soon.

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

todaCspec
02-18-2003, 07:03 AM

Test fit should equal to free kit, like sponsorship. Those guys are really cheap. They were making a new kit and needed a car to put it on. They saw the specs and color i had on my car(not EP) and were interested in sponsoring me, but they wanted me to pay 70% of what they charge for the kit. I would have to pay for paint,but they would use my car in their ads and in their website. I could get that deal through my friends w/o going thru them.:confused:

S2KplusSI
02-20-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm very interested. Will the parts be available seperately also?

ShowstoppersUSA
02-21-2003, 11:19 AM
It will come as a front lip, side skirts and rear lip.

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

StreetKing
03-03-2003, 11:57 PM
SO............. whats going on with this lip kit is gonna
happen or wha???? While your in the process of "Making"
stuff,you should really think about making some nice eyelids
for our car i know it wil be a big seller. I've been lookin everywhere for a decently priced set.

SpUD
06-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Its been a while now and im wondering if this is still in the works.......

Civicvtec1ps
06-28-2003, 08:05 AM
im interested as well.
lipkit that fits on usdm front and rear bumpers
more updated info would be great

KimchiBoy_TypeR
07-03-2003, 08:14 PM
To hell with this kit its not going to come out!!!!!!!:mad:
If it still is coming out I would at least like to see some pics of it in the making so I know that they are actually working on it!!!!!

irrational
07-07-2003, 12:26 PM
I would be down if there was no bumper/frame support mods like needed in the real type r kit. shit i would be down for it now if that shit bolted right on getting rid of the four gayflectors with no mods!!!

KeNnYtAkEr
07-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Honda Performance is coming out with it's own style body kit with the type-r wing, Heard it's standard on the later 2003 models.
If anyone has info on the cost of it let me know.

bigcase
07-09-2003, 09:28 AM
hey, i want a lip kit. i really just want a wing and the front lip modded to fit usdm bumper. im really anxious to see the progress. i got a fresh credit card just itchin to be used. i am gonna order a wing from you this week methinks. let us know as soon as you get that lip made.

I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!I WANT ONE!!

toe knee
07-09-2003, 12:30 PM
We need pics!!!!!:)