PDA

View Full Version : Is it impossible to keep a new car new?

icegrill
01-28-2003, 09:46 PM
I just went out to my car after work last night and theres a huge fucking scratch in the driver rear side window. How the hell does this even happen? I'm so pissed, it's pretty deep you can feel it with a fingernail. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to replace it with a new window. My girlfriend thinks I need to go to a Psychologist for being so anal about my car. Anyone else feel the same way about their car? How do they pull side glass windows? I think it's around $200 just for the glass plus labor, it really bugs me.

ULTRAMANIA
01-28-2003, 09:52 PM
hey. .there's nothing really wrong being anal with your car.. i think a lot of us are anal with our cars in some ways... i know i am in regards to who drives in and stuff... but.. as for scratches and dings and stuff like that.. i think it's pretty inevitable.. you're going to get things like that. sucks.. but.. gotta face it...

silver ep
01-28-2003, 10:02 PM
ULTRAMANIA is right, no matter what youll get dings and scratches, crap like that is absolutly inevitable. All you can do is do your best to fix these mishaps before they become more of a problem like rust. Honestly, you can let it ruin you even though it totally sucks complete ass.

ep88
01-28-2003, 10:22 PM
after 2 months... my car just got her 1st ding. eventhough you have to look at it closely for you to notice it, it still pisses me off :'(

IceD out N CALI
01-28-2003, 10:28 PM
i know what you mean. i'm pretty anal about my car too. I try to park it away from other cars and try to keep it outta harms way but things happen so gotta expect that sometimes. would i spend $200 on a window scratch? most likely not, rather use that money to get springs or intake:)

Spidey
01-28-2003, 10:50 PM
i would not spend that amount of money to replace the window. Yeah, it sucks but I agree with everyone else that it's bound to get scratches, dents etc.

JLannoo
01-29-2003, 12:26 AM
I dont have any dings yet But I did scratch my Silver dash. I complain about it alot. So much that My Fiancee thinks I'm nuts as well lol :)

Your glass got scratched though? That seems wierd.

iR-VTEC2
01-29-2003, 02:06 AM
I curbeded my rim big time...uh...3 of them : (((((( life must go on

SiBoy
01-29-2003, 02:17 AM
i got a ding the first hour i got my car b/c my friend threw an empty oil bottle at me cuz we changed the oil on it, and it missed me and hit my car and it got dinged form that pos bottle.

03hatch
01-29-2003, 02:34 AM
that suck...when i got my car like 2 days later my SI logo on the back got taken and left a fuckin scratch and then like a week later the SI logo in the front got taken off and also left a scratch....than that shit fucked up...and i was going to take them off too what a shit....just seeing the scratches make me go crazy

Mongoose
01-29-2003, 04:02 PM
FYI Most insurance policeys have no deductable glass coverage, (esp if your car is Leased or fiananced)
My best friend is a Glass installer. you just call the glass co. and they bill your insurnace.
Check with you insurance co. If you have the glass coverage then call the glass co and demand the OEM glass ,make an apointment and just break the window with a hammer.

SiMecoming
01-29-2003, 04:07 PM
dude a scratch thats nothing especially inur window thats buff able but i got a river rock thrown thru my rear window, someone keyed the passenger side while i was eating lunch ina nice area of town high clas....wtf i ask and b4 that some bitch tried to steal my car but they couldnt......soa scratch on ur window is nothing but im sorry to hear it non-the-less

Tragedy
01-29-2003, 04:16 PM
I've had my WRX for almost six months. No scratches, dings, rock-ships, hell, not even any smears on the windows. I guess the reason for its good track record is that I rarely drive the thing because I'm rarely home (San Francisco). 6 months old, 3,200 miles.

So yes, it is possible to keep a new car new. :p

ULTRAMANIA
01-29-2003, 04:49 PM
haha this is great.. i can feel all you guys... such as parking away from other cars and stuff.. and getting my first ding like the first day i bought it.. but yea.. you gotta live with that crap... sucks but.. life goes on i guess..

josh2323
01-29-2003, 06:32 PM
someone scratched my passenger rear
side window too WTF?

JLannoo
01-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SiBoy
i got a ding the first hour i got my car b/c my friend threw an empty oil bottle at me cuz we changed the oil on it, and it missed me and hit my car and it got dinged form that pos bottle.

Why did you change the oil on a brand new car an hour after you got it?