PDA

View Full Version : spring install help

eggsi
01-29-2003, 02:35 PM
i am going to install my sprint springs on thursday in my auto tech class at my career center. So is there anything that i really need to know, i already printed the do it yourself thingy. i will have a spring compressor available and air tools, what are the torque specs on all the nuts? and how do you get to the back shock tower, in the hatch, i can't get the panels to pop out?

Quicksilver
01-29-2003, 03:31 PM
and how do you get to the back shock tower, in the hatch, i can't get the panels to pop out?

The easiest way is to lower the back seats. Lift up the corner of the rug near the outside corner of where the seat sits when upright. There should be a plastic rivet (for lack of the correct term) holding down back corner of the carpet on the seats, as well as the bottom edge of the shock housing. Remove the "rivet" with a screwdriver (be sure to lift the middle part, then the actual rivet). Then put the screwdriver head in the little slot at the top of the shock housing and pop the housing off.

Getting it back together is just the reverse process, but it takes some work to get the plastic housing to sit flat again. Just get it positioned, then get the front of it pushed fully into place. Then push the back into place and replace the rivet.

Hope that helps.

importhonda
01-29-2003, 09:03 PM
here is a great tip... the passenger side axle likes slipping out of place and is a BITCH to put back in. Make suer you zip tie or do something to keep the rotor from lowering too much and pulling on that axle :) trust me

ep3
01-31-2003, 10:28 PM
make sure you use some lube or else the ride will be really noisy.