PDA

View Full Version : Got my Ep...Good news and Bad News...

BlackFL2k2Si
01-29-2003, 07:14 PM
So today I went with the 'rents to pickup my brand new '02 Black (I was supposed to get silver, but the original guy we delt with sold the 3 silvers on one day, so we said screw it, found a better salesman and got the black one) Ep tonight. Since the car was on the lot for a bit, they had rewashed it and detailed it before we picked it up. So we went in, did the paperwork after inspecting the car and such and then drove it home. After we got home and parked it in the garage, we checked it out again. After looking at it under the light (which for some reason is really bright in the garage) there seemed to be a bunch of little, what seemed to look like scratches on the hood. These were only visible in the bright light, but still I am annoyed. I don't know if they are really scratches or something else, you cannot feel them with a fingernail or anything, but since the car has been on the lot for about a year, do you think the dealer should compensate me or anything? We got the car for a steal as it is (17k out the door, including tax, etc) and he threw in a couple of free oil changes as well. Still, I am undecided on what to do about the situation or if I am just overreacting. The car is still great, but hopefully you guys can help with my problem.

My only noob question: Can a K&N drop in filter from a 99 ex fit my car? Just for a quick fix until I get my Injen CAI.

IceD out N CALI
01-29-2003, 07:21 PM
congrats on the new car. as far as the scratches go, i'd take it back to the dealer tommorow. they should take care of it asap, and give you free oil changes/car rental or whatever else is necessary. good luck!

CivicHB
01-29-2003, 07:44 PM
A K&N drop in filter in an RSX-S produces less horsepower than the OEM one. No your EM1 drop in filter will not work the Si airbox.

BlackFL2k2Si
01-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me CivicHB.

SubliminalSi
01-29-2003, 08:18 PM
it sounds like they could just buff it out, but it is a new car so it should be top quality

BlackFL2k2Si
01-29-2003, 08:37 PM
The salesguy had said that they had buffed the car and redetailed it and such before we got it. There were some scratches on the car before since it had been on the lot forever, and those were gone, so obviously it had been treated with something. Hopefully they'll compensate me with something...being that the dealer is 45 min away.

IceD out N CALI
01-29-2003, 08:38 PM
they should take care of you:)

BlackSi2002
01-29-2003, 10:37 PM
probley washing swirls and scratchs, don't let the dealer do it, they will just fill them in, or make them worse, you are going to need to have them buffed out or they will come back. dealer detailers most often don't really know what there doing.

dchu
01-29-2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah probably is swirls and scratches from dealer washings. They probably use the same rags to wash every car and in the process drags dirt gathered from all cars washed before yours. If you bring it back there they'll probably cover it up with some oils but it'll come right back. Just get over it because being black, there will always be swirls that show in bright light. If you want to learn how to properly wash and detail your car try reading through the forum at http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ . My old civic was black and it was a bitch to keep clean, so this time I got white :D .

-LAW-
01-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Congratulation on the New car .. you wont be disappointed .. hey .. IM me one day " OoLiLLaWoO " i live in davie , maybe we can meet up one day .. just looking for EP buddies in this area , none so far .. hehe ..

ULTRAMANIA
01-30-2003, 02:40 AM
hey dood.. i kind of had that problem, but cept my car wasn't left out in the lot for a yr.. but, it might just be the sticky residue from the big stickers that are over the car to protect the paint when the car comes over from the factory... do you know what i mean? mmm i don't know how else to explain it... but, that's what was the problem with mine. .i saw it on the hood, the door, and on top of the car where the moonroof was... i didn't see it in the lot, but in the garage i saw it pretty clearly.. so.. i dunno.. that mite what it is.. if it is... go to the dealer, and they will get it right out for you.. it shouoldn't be a problem. i dunno.. .that's my two cents on it i guess..

ssvr6
01-30-2003, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the site and congrats (from another south FL owner). The dealer will take care of it. Just explain it and they'll have the car professionally detailed for you. (Not just washed and dried.)

Steve

atl-si
01-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Congrats and welcome to EPhatch. As for the scratches, take it back to the dealer to have them buff it out for you.

BlackFL2k2Si
01-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks for all the helpful responses fellas, I'm going to call the dealer today and see what they say. The "scratches" are only visible in the garage light, which is fluorescent, so I'm not going to make a huge deal about it or anything. Thanks again for the help.

silver ep
01-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Congrats, welcome to the site! Hopefully youll get the scratches taken care of ok.