PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my setup

DownTheHatch
01-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Well I have Neuspeed Sport springs for a 2001 civic. Since they are the wrong kind of spring, basically they suck, they slap rings when I go over bumps and are really noisey. But now, this happens...

I have been noticing a loud vibration from my rear wheel, turns out it was my tire, supposedly my toe is out in the rear so I'm getting uneven wear on my left rear tire, which is causing the tire to wear roughly which makes it sound like a nobby tire going down the highway, its a loud vibration humming sound.

The only way to fix is it to get an alignment and camber adjustment. But I'm thinking maybe it's just because I have the wrong springs. The guy also suggested I get some shocks like some Tokico's.

I would like to get a lower drop and the right springs, so I'm kinda stuck as to what I should do. I need to buy shocks, and I need to get the right springs, but what kind? Hopefully I can get these and have my suspension aligned nicely.

Quicksilver
01-29-2003, 09:49 PM
As I understand it, the stock shocks are the same as the CTRs. They are supposedly Tokico's so you shouldn't need new shocks/struts at this point. A number of people have been using them with 2" drops with minimal or no ride degradation.

The best thing to do right now to correct it is to get a camber kit for the rear and possibly the front as well. Install those, get a rough adjustment of the camber back close to 0 degrees, then get an alignment.

The springs for may not be the issue so much as they may not be sitting in the spring perches correctly. There are a number of threads regarding clanking sounds that can better describe the fix than I can. If the springs are still getting to you, then switch those out to something specifically designed for the Si.

Good Luck!

IceD out N CALI
01-29-2003, 10:09 PM
i'd get the neuspeed race springs. they have them for the ep now plus they'll give u the lower stance that you want. as far as shocks kyb i believe is gonna release some for the ep in the near future. as far as the camber showstoppers has the SPC kit for the ep:)

02SilverSiHB
01-30-2003, 05:26 AM
damn, that sucks. I'm not sure how low you're sitting right now, but progress springs have been treating me well. I've had them on for about 10000 miles, and no problems like that. If you want something really low then it's going to have to be neuspeed race I guess :)
As for shocks, of course the only thing we have is koni for us at this point. Did that guy tell you, you needed new shocks because they were going bad? I wouldn't replace them unless necessary or you just want a higher performance shock

DocofMind
01-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Did you not get an alignment after lowering your car?

The toe is ridiculously out of spec once you lower the car and must be adjusted once lowered. What SPC sells is a camber adjustment.