PDA

View Full Version : Gunmetal Black/Grey for my wheels?

HondaMan
07-24-2002, 10:47 PM
I'm thinking of painting my wheels black. BTW, is gunmetal black or grey in color or both?

Please check out my pics on the links provided in my sig and/or www button and let me know if you think my wheels would look better black (gunmetal black?) Thanks! :)

beretta627
07-25-2002, 02:52 AM
Personally I would get a different wheel. But as long as you like 'em. Gunmetal can be dark grey, to nearly black depending on the manufacturer. Volk Racing Gunmetal has metallic flake in it and a clearcoat as an example. Personally, I think black cars look good with dark/black wheels. Look into getting your wheels done flat or matte finished in black or very dark grey, I think it would look great.

:cool:

SiVTEC
07-25-2002, 03:09 AM
leave them as is, but not much of a fan of those rims though:)

HondaMan
07-25-2002, 07:56 AM
Yeah, they're not the best wheels but my budget couldn't handle anything more. I also opted for better tires, so I had to compromise a little with the wheels. I wanted the black SSR Comp wheels but they are like $375 each.... OUCH! ;) O well, these look good enough for now.

CleanBlackSi02
07-25-2002, 02:33 PM
I'll call the rice cops on you if you paint your rims. At least powdercoat them if you're going to change 'em.