its been for sale for sometime

does it look like a good deal
i has low miles
i may possibly do a swap if i want

well check it out and give me some feedback plz

it has 34000 miles

fsugatorbait
01-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Looks good...lots of mods and low miles for that price. I bet if its been for sale for a while you could get him to do a little haggling and end upf stealin it. Looks like the dx, but i guess if you have plans for a swap it doesnt make a difference.
Good luck with it.

kenis138
01-31-2003, 10:22 AM
If you like the car I would hop on it.

It seems like the guy wasnt a two bit tuner going by all the work he's done and how clean the car looks. It looks like its been taken care of, just make sure of it....

To put it in perspective, the ass raping dealer gave me $9200 for my 2000 ex, which had 65000 miles, dents and dings, and no antenna. I think 10k is a great price IMHO.

If you like it, go for it!

civic hatch boi
01-31-2003, 10:58 AM
i agree.. he wasn't some ricer cuz his mods are good and looks clean. hop on it! just make sure it's been in no accidents and wut not.. gotta love the EK with the SI front lip & grille .. drool

efcee
01-31-2003, 12:28 PM
i asked him in earlier if the car was beat on at all. he hasnt responded yet but i think im going to go for this one, and yes it is a DX ill get back with details

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by efcee
i would like some 2nd 3rd and 4th etc opinions on this car i found
http://webpages.charter.net/spared/

i has low miles

it has 34000 miles

u really want my opinion?
$6500-7000 TOPS!
mods on a car LOWER the value...
unless they're REALLY special...
like a hybrid turbo setup or some sick custom work...
that's just a cheezy DX hatch w/ some boltons and ugly wheels.
KBB trade-in is $7000...
i wouldnt pay a dime more...
but that's just me, what do i know.
:o

fishboy
01-31-2003, 01:38 PM
yeah i think 10 is a little much. i might go for it if it already had a swap. i'd just go find a bone stock one and mod it yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401985094&category=6256

edit: this one has a swap plushas way more done to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401972772&category=6256

natesi
01-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by efcee
i would like some 2nd 3rd and 4th etc opinions on this car i found
http://webpages.charter.net/spared/

i has low miles

it has 34000 miles

I think that's kind of a rip off. I'll consider selling you my 2002 Si with less than 6K miles on it and $2,000 in add-ons for only $16K. My sig says it's bone stock, but the $2K was in alarm, small infinity sub, full front acrylic bra, Honda color-matched side moldings, window tints, and a couple other things.... Plus it comes with wheel locks, mud flaps, and a cargo tray.

I won't be able to sell it for at least a few months though. I'm gonna try to apply for a house loan first. Honestly, the main reason why I want to sell it is I'm tired of shifting. It's just not for me. It's fun to drive sporty, but for regular commuting, I grow tired of it. Plus I'm tired of people trying to race me, ask how fast my car is, and generally do stupid stuff around me like peel out or race away with their buzzy fart-can exhausts.

-nate

BlasTech
01-31-2003, 07:17 PM
natesi? Test drive an RSX base Automatic with sport-shift. It's nice.

efcee: That's a really nice ride. you should get it, but haggle him down at lease 1,000 for the heck of it.

blueiedgod
02-01-2003, 08:19 AM
i woul dbe cautious of the mileage. he has replaced the stock odometer with an EX one. he may have done the exchange when the stock car had 50 000 miles, put an ex odo with 0 miles and rack up another 37 000 for the total miles of 87 000. with previous generation honda's (before the digital odo) it was a piece of cake to roll back the mileage, and it is even easier to roll back the mileage when you swap gauge clusters. i would go there with a comression gauge and run compression check on each of the cylinders, since he replaced the wheel you can;t judge the milage by the tires, he also replaced the seats, so you can;t judge the wear.but if he has the stock pedals still on, see if they are worn out, if the are like new, he most likely replaced the rubbers. buying a used car is like forensic science. take the wheels off, and see if there is wear on the brake rotor (indication of high mileage) also, run carfax on the car. at leas in NY when you go for inspection they report to carfax, so if the car had 40 000 miles last year, how can it have 37 000 now? as for oil change receipts and see if the shop put mileage, and look for discprepancies. investigate when the gauge cluster was replaced.
also, the seller claims to have inegra GSR wheels, weren't GSR's 5 lug design?
just by looking at the floormats, i can estimate the milage on the car to be over 50 000. there is a hole from heel and toeing. :-) i may be wrong though.
buyer beware!!!!!!

blueiedgod
02-01-2003, 08:24 AM
consider this: if you are going to finance the $10K at 9% APR it will cost you about $200-210/month if you get a brand new 2002 si for $15K and finance with honda's special 1.9% APR it will cost you $250-265/month depending on the downpayment. with the new EP you have more power, power ammenities, sunroof, all around disk brakes with ABS, peace of mind knowing that you got a no problem vehicle, and greater fun/$ ratio from the stock EK.

efcee
02-01-2003, 01:07 PM
if i could find a good deal on a new si i am planning to put 5k down to keep payments somewhat low 150 -180 range they would probably be at
and the insurance man told me an 'rough estimate' that my insurance would be up about 30 dollars more per month if i switched my insurance over from what is now for my dodge shadow to a brand new 02 si and i get good grades discount so that knocks a little off too
the only thing is finding a good deal heh

natesi
02-01-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm not seeing lost leader ads for 2002 Si any more. I think you would have a hard time finding one.

Also, keep in mind, you have to qualify for the 1.5% APR. Most buyers don't. Unless you've had a car loan before I definately wouldn't count on it. I think most people who get that rate are people with a **really good** credit score (like those who have bought a house before and have butt loads of credit--and use it).

natesi
02-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
natesi? Test drive an RSX base Automatic with sport-shift. It's nice.

I want to get an Element. The main problem with them right now, however, is those rugged "scratch resistant" body panels are actually scatching WAAAAAY more easily than paint!! It's pretty easy to scratch with your finger nail, from what I've been reading on forums.

So, hopefully by the time I can afford one all that will be ironed out.

ecsahs3
02-02-2003, 09:42 AM
I agree with Blueiedgod....run a carfax on that. make sure it has a clean title. I've seen 99 dx hb's for 6-7k in socal before I bought my EP. That extra 3-4k you'd save could go on mods. It sounds like your a student...penny pinch unless you got the chedda.

IceD out N CALI
02-02-2003, 10:51 AM
I agree with ADAMnQuickCIVIC: i wouldnt spend anymore than about 7k tops on that car. it is only a dx nothing to write home about. those mods dont make it worth more necessarily either. 10k is way too much.